Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive Mass Effect 3 : They used to call it RPG

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Neat.

Krraloth

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2
You good sir, are an artist.

I hereby petition that RK47 be provided with custom title for his many neat contributions in the LP forum.

:love: :thumbsup:

Coboney

Scholar
Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
I second Krraloth's motion.

I propose the title of "Extreme Collar Grabber" in honour of his extreme ability to tackle the Mass Effect series in his LPs and the attitude they took.

Multi-headed Cow

Multiple Sarcasm said:
It definitely looks heaps more fun than ME2! Shep's even got upgraded with jumping and climbing - I never thought humans could do that! BW lied to us all these years...

Awesome El Pee, RK47. Looking forward to more EXTREME button presses.

I just wish this game featured more romance sequences:
23.jpg
Clever Bioware. They got around not having gay romances in Mass Effect 1 and 2 by killing off Shepard and putting in a new protagonist in the third game. THERE'S NO STOPPING THEM!

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Alright guys, ready for more Mass Effect 3?

01.jpg

I just got back from a short journal tele-conference with Gaider and Laidlaw of the awesome Dragon Age 2 fame. I know, I know, you're still angry over the awesome button promises they delivered on, leaving very little on the most important thing: RPG. Guess what guys? They totally learned from their mistakes.

02.jpg

Remember the Infiltrator class in Mass Effect 2? Yes, the only class that can cloak and use sniper rifles? It's back! Laidlaw wanted to streamline everything, no longer the Soldier is limited to shooting stuff, and technicians won't have to rely on flaming grenades to handle challenges. Alcatraz, Aka Shepard II, is now a SUPER-soldier capable of pulling off a mixture of assault, strategy and stealth maneuvers.

03.jpg

"We call it the ASS gameplay principle. Before you look at me funny, A is for Assault, S is for Strategy, and the second one is Stealth. Guaranteed to facilitate the Rambo and Solid Snake fans everywhere!" Chris Priestly explains.

04.jpg

That's right, you're totally invisible when the cloak is engaged! Aside from optical camouflage, you also gain noise reductions.

05.jpg

This allows you to sneak up....

06.jpg

And do THIS!

07.jpg

EXTREME! The suit will pop out for a quick, brutal killing strike, before returning to camouflage, with none the wiser. In fact, while I killed one of the guard, the other two outside continues to chatter among themselves.

08.jpg

09.jpg

This is all very interesting back-story. Apparently, these guys are after Shepard's nanosuit that I'm wearing right now. They've never seen Shepard in person, so I guess they assume it was Shepard when they spot me on the field.

10.jpg

Alright. Strategy mode complete. Enemies are highlighted as well as ammunitions.

11.jpg

Proceed with EXTREME throat ripper maneuver!

12.jpg

GAWD, ITS HEAVANNNNN!

13.jpg

I CAME. This is so much better than the 10% damage increase or ammo switching bullshit I endured from ME 1 & 2. Just look at all this shit. Silencer attachment for stealth ninja commandos, extended clips for rambo charges, light shotguns for face raep, and variety of scopes to snipe people heads off from multiple ranges. Mike Laidlaw assured there will be more, including a super grenade launcher and miniature ion cannon attachments, available as Day 1 DLC, called the EXTREME Firepower pack. Genius!

14.jpg

A new form of threat is in form of vehicles. For the first time, Mass Effect engine will feature enemies driving a vehicle, alighting and shooting from on top of it. We've seen many times in previous Mass Effect of boss vehicles, but these are more common and less 'special'.

15.jpg

Lacking the firepower to take on a vehicle, I waited till it drive off before dispatching the three goons they sent to find me.

16.jpg

Gawd, the cover pop mechanics is simple and complex at the same time. You'll literally given so much cover and movement space, awareness of environment that transcends the limitations of identical corridors and chest high walls of the previous Mass Effects.

17.jpg

You can't turn your back on the new features of Mass Effect 3 engine like this vehicle driver did...

18.jpg

Else THIS happens to you!

19.jpg

The alert meter on the left also measures how many spawned patrols will come and engage us in battle. The redder it is, count on having more body counts and bullets shot at you.

20.jpg

Hell, you can even hijack a car and run down soldiers with it. FUN!

21.jpg

Goddamn walls stopped our fun.

22.jpg

But a nice renegade collar grab is always a welcome relief.

23.jpg

Yeah, kiss the wall, mothafucka!

24.jpg

Also, explosive barrels, the most fun form of destruction and mayhem is back. And it's as beautiful as ever! Even though it doesn't kill enemies at safer radius, they still get knocked around.

25.jpg

Making it easy to walk over and execute them with a nice bullet to their heads.

26.jpg

Looks like a typical corridor entry...except...

27.jpg

We can stealth this time!

28.jpg

29.jpg

Alternate EXTREME neck-breaking animation will play as well when you execute a stealth takedown. Seagal will be proud.

30.jpg

But I much prefer the knife on the throat. That's it for now. Join me next time when I cover the new heavy weapons and my first encounter with the Reapers!

lightbane

Arcane
:salute: For this new lp. Although I liked how emotionally challenging the gameplay is, I did not like that the camera was not in 3rd person. That's so unrealistic!!! How am I supposed to know who's my character if I can't see him move??

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Whoah, look at all those stats. I thought they were getting rid of all that gunk.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
It's funny I run into this thread right after I post some shitty review on this game

A shame it is over, the game has so much ridiculous shit that could work well as joke material

Wyrmlord

Arcane
I really really really hated Crysis 2.

You know the walker vehicle bosses from later in the game? The ones you have to hit on their glowing butts in order to kill them, except you must wait for the butt to open up and show its red glow?

Those were terrible bosses.

And they didn't have just one of them. But FOUR of them in this game. What were they thinking, putting these butt walkers in the game?

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Those "stat" things aren't going to be in the final game are they? I mean it's like 5 whole words, that you have to READ, what is this, the dark ages?

You're already in chapter 3, and not one single gay romance yet? Fuck this game, I'm canceling my pre-order for 3 copies of the EXTREME edition with N7 badge and Tali head with removable mask and lifelike dick-sucking action.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
I must commend Crysis 2 for its optimization.

I have a crap computer, but my Crysis 2 looks exactly the same as RK47's Crysis 2. Assuming RK47 has a much better system than I.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
It runs fine here with my relatively old video card, for some reason I don't remember it let me do anything with the AA effects though... The performance drop is probably abnormal on higher resolutions

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I had trouble playing this game because the amount of bloom and blur and other crap made it hard to see what I was doing. You know it's bad when you rely on the red outlines they gave characters more than the in-game graphics themselves. I actually find that the "high" settings look better than the "ultra" ones or whatever, just because of the reduction of all the effects.

Also, the amount of cutscenes in the game is kinda hilarious, considering how bad the writing is. I think I spent about 50% of my time watching the game rather than playing it. Why do the games with the biggest budgets, and simplest and dumbest gameplay, then go and waste so much time and effort on extensive cinematics that are so banal shit boring? The gameplay itself is actually fun enough when you aren't dealing with the incomprehensibly bad script. ... I guess this is a true Mass Effect title after all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom