Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Mass Effect 3 Delayed Until Q1 2012

turul

Augur
VentilatorOfDoom said:
Additionally, Mass Effect 3 will be aimed at “Larger Audiences”

playing-video-game-saidaonline.jpg
seniors-playing-video-game-300x280.jpg

J_J_M

Educated
So Mass Effect is getting even fruther dumbed down for casuals. They've said every "meaningless RPG element" will be cut from the game. Everything will be combat-related.

"We don't want to have any meaningless behind-the-scenes stat games, where the output is very minor in combat. Every single thing you do has a real impact in the battle."

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vi ... s-Effect-3

So yeah, there is next to nothing in the game that constitutes as a RPG. It's a pure popamole cover shooter manure. Maybe it's time for Codex to stop talking about this series as if it had anything to do with role-playing games.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST YOU DUMB MOTHERFUCKERS!

Mass Effect 1 did not have any RPG qualities to it! There isn't anything to dumb down!

I wish I was the principal of the entire universe so I could fucking expel you all from life!

!!!

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Andyman Messiah said:

Mass Effect 1 did not have any RPG qualities to it! There isn't anything to dumb down!

I wish I was the principal of the entire universe so I could fucking expel you all from life!

!!!

:salute: Agree with you wholeheartedly. They'll lose nothing if the experience and levels are removed.

Ivory Samoan

Liturgist
I bet Dr Ray is pissed about how this is getting blown out of proportion.... it's obviously a reach-around to the investors, to give them hard-ons before marketing/promotion of the game gets into full swing... this dickwad John Riccitiello is just CLUELESS when it comes to inciting anxiety in true gamers.... he's really good at it.

This guy ALWAYS says shit that is anti-gamer for some reason... like he intentionally wants to burn bridges and shit... like that comment about single player, story driven games being 'dead', with online/multiplayer the way for all games in the future. It's like he's the devil or some shit.. haha.

I'm sure Mass Effect 3 will be sweet, if EA's down-syndrome honcho's keep away from the mechanics that is...

*crosses fingers*

Gord

Arcane
RK47 said:
Andyman Messiah said:

!!!

:salute: Agree with you wholeheartedly. They'll lose nothing if the experience and levels are removed.

ME1 did at least have:
Different classes
Experience&levels
Skills, 2 of them even non-combat (Persuasion/Intimitation) which is already more than BG series had
Some C&C (even if fucked up by ME2 I hear)
And the pinnacle of every self-respecting rpg: an epic cliché story

:M

hakuroshi

Augur
I suspect they decided not to compete with Rimjob.

As long as this interactive movie has paragon/renegade choices they can do away with any "rpg-elements" they can find. It's not that there are too many left in ME2 anyway.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Gord said:
ME1 did at least have:
Let's do it!

Different classes
Experience&levels
Skills, 2 of them even non-combat (Persuasion/Intimitation) which is already more than BG series had
Some C&C (even if fucked up by ME2 I hear)
And the pinnacle of every self-respecting rpg: an epic cliché story
All of the above are present in ME2. But the same can not be said for ME1.

A'ight, I'm gonna astral project my consciousness into space for a bit. See you all later.

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
VentilatorOfDoom said:
“We’re huge believers in the IP and are purposefully shifting it to address a larger market opportunity.”
I think he is talking about gay romances.
Wrex blowjob cutscene etc.

tindrli

Arcane
so damn dissapointed with seccond part i can only say i dont give a fuck about ME series

Rhalle

Magister
And here I thought Biowhore wasn't stupid and greedy enough to ruin the final-- final as far as I'm concerned-- installment of Mass Effect. Looks like I was wrong. GG, Biowhore, GG.

I had planned to buy one last title from you guys, but looks like that's not going to happen.

“We’re huge believers in the IP and are purposefully shifting it to address a larger market opportunity.”

Good. Now EA can liquidate them even faster, once this consoletarded bowel movement is released.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom