Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect 2: Genesis DLC - RELEASED!

racofer

Thread Incliner

• Mass Effect: Genesis is the "Interactive Backstory Comic" created for the PlayStation 3 release of Mass Effect 2, and later made available for Xbox 360 and PC. It was produced by Dark Horse Comics, who also published Mass Effect: Redemption and Mass Effect: Evolution. On Playstation 3 the comic is available as downloadable content free through the PlayStation Store, for the Xbox 360 it is available for 320 Microsoft Points through the Xbox Live Marketplace, and for the PC it is avaliable for 320 BioWare points from the BioWare Social Network. On May 17 2011, it was made available for the Xbox 360 and PC versions of Mass Effect 2.

As Mass Effect was never released on the PlayStation 3, and, due to its being published by Microsoft Game Studios, likely never will be, the interactive comic introduces new players to the story of the original game while allowing them to make six of the major plot decisions that Xbox 360 and PC players could make in the original game (see Save File Transfer). If downloaded, the comic appears between the opening scene and character customization.

Okay, so let's look at the choices we can make in this interactive comic:

• Choices:
  • Who became Shepard's love interest?
  • Should the Rachni Queen on Noveria be freed or destroyed?
  • What is the fate of Urdnot Wrex on Virmire?
  • Who is sacrificed on Virmire, Ashley Williams or Kaidan Alenko?
  • What happens to the Citadel Council during the Battle of the Citadel?
  • Who does Shepard endorse to represent humanity on the Council, David Anderson or Donnel Udina?

And there is the meat of ME1's epic plot and deep storyline condensed into six lines. Notice that it's listed in order of importance, top to bottom.

vie9dx.jpg

Canus

Savant
This really doesn't seem like the kind of thing you should have to pay for. Just no.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
racofer said:
[*]Who became Shepard's love interest?
[*]Should the Rachni Queen on Noveria be freed or destroyed?
[*]What is the fate of Urdnot Wrex on Virmire?
[*]Who is sacrificed on Virmire, Ashley Williams or Kaidan Alenko?
[*]What happens to the Citadel Council during the Battle of the Citadel?
[*]Who does Shepard endorse to represent humanity on the Council, David Anderson or Donnel Udina?[/list]

And there is the meat of ME1's epic plot and deep storyline condensed into six lines.
This reveals one very interesting piece of info: if they're the only choices that PS3 players of the series have to deal with from ME1, it also means they're the only variables out of the "thousands" that were tracked in the PC/Xbox saves that have any chance whatsoever of being relevant in ME3.

Which doesn't make me terribly confident about ME2 choices being any more relevant.

KalosKagathos

Learned
Sceptic said:
This reveals one very interesting piece of info: if they're the only choices that PS3 players of the series have to deal with from ME1, it also means they're the only variables out of the "thousands" that were tracked in the PC/Xbox saves that have any chance whatsoever of being relevant in ME3.
Worry not, I'm certain us old-school Xbox players will be rewarded for our loyalty with exciting e-mails from the characters from the first game.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Oh well. :lol:

I've just finished "playing" this DLC, twice. It's fully narrated by Mark Meer and Jennifer Hale and lasts for about 20 minutes. The narrator is dependent of which gender you choose, obviously.

I first went with fem. Shepard and Jennifer does an awesome job as usual, even though the mini story is very poor and feels like it was written by someone that had never written anything before in his life. Any comic book from 40 years ago would do a better job in describing a sci-fi setting than this.

But then... I decided I just had to check out Meer's performance. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The guy reads the fucking commas! It's bloody hilarious to listen to! He sounds liked a drunken clown pretending to be serious. He still reads in monotone and you can literally listen to him, trying real, real hard to transmit some sort of emotion out of it but failing miserably. I will see if I can record this shit later and post it on jewtewb for you guys to listen to, if nobody else did it already.

:lol:

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Sceptic said:
racofer said:
[*]Who became Shepard's love interest?
[*]Should the Rachni Queen on Noveria be freed or destroyed?
[*]What is the fate of Urdnot Wrex on Virmire?
[*]Who is sacrificed on Virmire, Ashley Williams or Kaidan Alenko?
[*]What happens to the Citadel Council during the Battle of the Citadel?
[*]Who does Shepard endorse to represent humanity on the Council, David Anderson or Donnel Udina?[/list]

And there is the meat of ME1's epic plot and deep storyline condensed into six lines.

Which doesn't make me terribly confident about ME2 choices being any more relevant.

Why the hell would you put your confidence in Bioware making choices relevant? You're being the sucker here

Altho to be fair, I'm surprised at how they're handling npcs for ME3. Potentially, they just made content which can be missed by the player, which goes agaisnt every lazy design decision Bioware stands for. This is pretty surprising

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
This is official confirmation that Mass Effect 1 was a terrible game.

My respect for BioWare just went up 10%

edit:
racofer said:
I will see if I can record this shit later and post it on jewtewb for you guys to listen to
Please do. :D

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
sgc_meltdown said:
racofer said:
The guy reads the fucking commas

lets see the mark meer apologists handle this latest display of talent

Hey, a retarded voice artist for a retarded fresh FAGGOT hero. Match made in heavan.

Seriously, what's the beef with Meer? He's probably thinking WTF am I doing by now with this shitty DLC.

Angthoron

Arcane
To be honest, Hale's acting in this thing is also rather yawn-inspiring. I get it that the source material is largely at fault, but it was fairly bland, I thought.

And hey, still beats playing ME.

Percy

Cipher
Playing as male shepherd is worth it soley for punching that slut reporter in ME2.

Angthoron

Arcane
I kinda liked how he erupted on the Volus and C-Sec officer accusing a Whatever Tali's Compatriots Are Named of credit chit theft. It was an unexpected show of, hm, emotion, while the rest of the time the guy sounded unimpressed by just about everything.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane

grdja

Augur
FFS, male Shep has both voice and face of a ultimate derp troll, like a giant Bio laugh and spit in the face of their fans. It does fit ME's retarded plot better than Jennifer Hale trying to actually act... but... playing ME in any way is masochistic. Playing with renegade male shep... you are intentionally hurting your brain.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom