Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

March of the Eagles

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin

March of the Eagles Features:
  • A Decade of Fire: Rule a major European power from 1805 to 1815 and ride out a decade of tactical innovation and strategic duplicity.
  • Manage Great Men: Take advantage of your generals' unique skills to be sure they are in the right place when rival armies meet.
  • Manage Great Armies: Recruit vast armies from your population or build a navy to contest the rule of the seas.
  • The Velvet Glove: Build coalitions to strengthen your hand and use diplomacy to undermine your enemies
  • Logistics and Tactics: An army marches on its stomach, so keep your supply lines secure while your forces master new tactics and new modes of fighting in an era that revolutionized warfare.
  • Mutiplayer: Up to 32 people can go online and duke it out for mastery of Europe.

Does anybody actually play these mini-games from Paradox studios?

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Depends on the "mini" game. For the Glory was a huge commercial failure but Arsenal of Democracy and Darkest Hour sold well enough to warrant more games being developed by their creators. So the answer is: yes, some people buy them.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Oh wait, its developed by Paradox themselves. Then even more yes, those games sell. Rome sold quite well as Johan himself said and it can be somewhat considered as a mini game. No idea about Crown of the North and Two Thrones.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Sengoku was very disappointing.

Indeed it was. Not that I liked the concept of the game, not very interested in Japan honestly. But I like to think about it as a beta test for CK2. Worked very well for that.

Morkar Left

Hmm, I will stick to EU3 here. I would rather try out Crown of Glory instead of this. It has hexbased battles incl. naval warfare and is turnbased.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Rome wasn't a mini-game. Looking at its gameplay mechanics and features it was more of a mix between EU and CK. What surprised me is that it apparantly did sell quite well but never got a second expansion or a later patch. The game had it in it to be a gem but never quite got there with the patches and first expansion.

Anyway, this one does look like another expanded beta like Sengoku but then for EU4 instead of CKII. It is a very exciting period in history tho. We'll see what they'll do with it.

Fafnir

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Rome wasn't a mini-game. Looking at its gameplay mechanics and features it was more of a mix between EU and CK. What surprised me is that it apparantly did sell quite well but never got a second expansion or a later patch. The game had it in it to be a gem but never quite got there with the patches and first expansion.
They asked on the forum which games they wanted an expansion for and Rome had the second least votes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom