Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prosper Maneater - open world action RPG where you are a shark

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
With "deep stats", set in Gulf Coast.

ss_6f270f4a6a4e418507984a4d3c295a7ce1e94997.600x338.jpg

ss_2a943063ff2645583a981e178ad8be68701651c2.600x338.jpg

Maneater is a Single-Player Action RPG, set in the unforgiving waters of the Gulf Coast. Fight to survive in the open ocean, with danger lurking at every depth. Your only tools are your wits, your jaws, and an uncanny ability to evolve as you feed. Anything and everything is on the menu... kill or be killed.

Become a MANEATER
maneater-divider.png

maneater-hammerheads.jpg

Play as a giant Bull Shark and terrorize the coastal waterways. Tear swimmers and divers limb from limb, give the humans a reason to fear you.

Explore a massive open world
maneater-divider.png

maneater-swamps.jpg

Immerse yourself in a a living, breathing world full of threats, and rewards. Explore sunken wrecks, lurk in swamps, or just cruise the open ocean looking for whales to feed on.

A Tale of Revenge
maneater-divider.png

maneater-pete.jpg

Experience a compelling tale of revenge centered around a human who slaughtered your mother and left you for dead. The ocean isn't big enough for both of you ....

Deep Stats and Role Playing
maneater-divider.png

maneater-world.jpg

Role-play and customize your shark with a variety of stat driven systems. Evolve different parts of your body to improve how they function, or pump up your ferocity to enter brief feeding frenzies.

Experienced Team
maneater-divider.png

maneater-humpback.jpg

From the minds behind Depth and Killing Floor, our goal as an early access game is to push the feeling of playing as a shark to new heights, developing a strictly single-player experience that will challenge and engage the player from start to finish. Gritty, visceral, heart-pounding action games are our calling.

Why Early Access?
“Our goal with Maneater is to create a living, breathing world to terrorize as a giant shark! To do that, we are going to need your help. We want to know what aspects you like or dislike from the game, and what things you most want included in the future. Obviously we have our own ideas about what elements make for the perfect single player gaming experience, but the more feedback we get from you, the players, the better the end result is going to be.”

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
“Our goal is to be in Early Access no fewer than 6 months, and no more than 12.”

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
“Outside of releasing new areas for the player to explore and enemies to take down, we would very much like to add features which increase immersion. A Dynamic Weather system is high on the list! We also plan to include all 6 of the shark species from Depth as playable characters (Bull, Mako, Tiger, Hammerhead, Thresher, Great White). Depending on how important players feel story elements are to the game we may introduce more lore as well.”

What is the current state of the Early Access version?
“We have a single playable shark species available at this time (Bull Shark). Players are free to explore 3 of the planned 10 world regions, and battle 4 bosses. They will encounter humans, and a variety of water dwelling creatures, and can scrounge for precious nutrients to upgrade their shark. Progress they make will be saved and will be compatible with future updates, so if you build a character now, that should pay off as new areas are released later down the line.”

Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
“The price will increase after we leave early access, to reflect the additional content and features we will have added.”

How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?
“By reading the forums every day, as well as user reviews.

We will be scanning every bit of constructive feedback we receive and discussing it both internally and in some cases publicly. Anything we can reasonably add to the game that would improve an issue the community identifies will be added, and we will certainly be on the lookout for cool ideas for new content as well.”

https://maneatergame.com/

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture

Fat hysteric brit likes it, since his taste is diagonally opposed to mine its probably shit.

Citizen

Fat hysteric brit likes it, since his taste is diagonally opposed to mine its probably shit.

I mean... It's a shitpost of a game, goat simulator tier joke, were you really expecting it to be good or something? People are just memeing about it

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture

I mean... It's a shitpost of a game, goat simulator tier joke, were you really expecting it to be good or something? People are just memeing about it

The coof period is getting rough, I am checking every new game for potential quality.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Base game is good and I wanted to play the dlc but the steam reviews are very negative.

Norfleet

Do you take one bite out of a funny-looking seal and get a notification "Tastes bad, man!"? Because that's the real shark attack experience as seen from the perspective of a shark. Sharks don't actually like how people taste. Probably because, frankly, humans are full of garbage. They take one bite and realize this is the worst seal they've ever eaten. If you happen to be in shark country, please do not impersonate the seals. If you swim around dressed in a seal suit, you sort of brought this on yourself.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
The game is free on egs so if you scallywags didn't play it already it's a good chance to play a proper fun game.

fork

This game is utter shit. Not worth pirating, and certainly not 'for free' on EGS.
Nice idea, but the implementation is abysmal.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Based on the title I thought it would be a game where you could play a cougar.
[Verse 1]
She'll only come out at night
The lean and hungry type
Nothing is new
I've seen her here before
Watching and waiting
Ooh, she's sitting with you, but her eyes are on the door
So many have paid to see what you think you're getting for free
The woman is wild, a she-cat tamed by the purr of a Jaguar
Money's the matter
If you're in it for love, you ain't gonna get too far

[Chorus]
(Oh-oh, here she comes)
Watch out, boy, she'll chew you up
(Oh-oh, here she comes)
She's a maneater
(Oh-oh, here she comes)
(Oh-oh, here she comes)
She's a maneater

[Verse 2]
I wouldn't if I were you
I know what she can do
She's deadly, man
She could really rip your world apart
Mind over matter
Ooh, the beauty is there but a beast is in the heart

[Chorus]
(Oh-oh, here she comes)
(Oh-oh, here she comes)
She's a maneater
(Oh-oh, here she comes)
(Oh-oh, here she comes)
She's a maneater

- "Maneater", Daryll Hall & John Oates, 1983

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
How clever.

I watched the vids. It might be ok for a time waster. I'd rather have a large display screen than my laptop though. Game looks goofy as fuck but wth not.

Of course GOG doesn't have it. Damnit.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
They would not release it on gog since that would beat the purpose of keeping denuvo in the game despite abysmal sales and almost no word of mouth.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Another game that needs to be on itchio or GoG.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom