Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Majesty 2 has best copy protection ever!

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
MetalCraze said:
Not more than in the average RTS.
And? Real time strategies are no less sensitive to shadows than other genres in my experience. Maybe it's a quirk of my PC.

Mackerel

Augur
Hümmelgümpf said:
For pussies who don't want to try the demo because it contains scary foreign letters, here's a quick 'n' dirty "Which button on the construction panel does what" guide.
The version I linked above your post is the english demo.

Black

Arcane
I played it, enjoyed it, saw my heroes getting hit by ogres and sent flying.
Jesus Christ.
I still have to deal with 2nd mission, I'll the hell out of full version!

Multi-headed Cow

The new voices aren't quite as good, the 3D graphics aren't quite as charming as the horrible old sprites, it has fewer heroes than Majesty 1 and fewer buildings especially after the expansion, and no random map generator which I loved in the first one.

But god damn it, playing it feels like Majesty, and it's one of my favorite all time games. Maybe I'll buy it and hope people pirate the DLC.

BigCox

Novice
I eagerly await this release. I still have the Gold Edition of the Game... Unfortunately the CD is with my wife and all our things in KY, and I am stuck in AK... Dammit.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
I played through first few missions and impressions are great so far. The game feels like old majesty and is very addictive. Interesting difference from M1 is that monsters spawning from lairs do not wander around but immediately attack your kingdom. I have yet to see how will it play out in later missions but in the first ones it was a positive change.

Art style is vastly inferior to the first game, but transition to 3d turned out to be a good thing, character models, buildings and trees are now much better scaled to each other compared to clumsy 2d of M1. It's also nice how equipment of characters visualy changes when they gain levels or buy new armor.

Balor

Arcane
AI is also pretty good - at least much better then in original Magesty.

Also, all you people with computers assembled by australopiteks (and I don't mean Cleve) - I perfectly remember how SLOW was first magesty on my computer when I got it! I swear it, when lots of monsters and heroes were battling - it looked like the acting took place in a pond full of congealed glue.
If you never upgraded you PC since - you get what you deserve. It is called 'progress' you bitches - like it or not.
The game FLIES on my rig with all bells and whistles on.

Balor

Arcane
Also, the game has three activations, and with a sleght of a hand you can have pretty much unlimited amount of them - using software like Acronis... unless it will ask to 'revalidate' itself after some time to prevent it.

Compared to having CD in drive it is much better, if you ask me.

laffer35

Novice
Talking about silly copy protection... I just recently replayed "Colonel's Bequest" and that game has you scanning this map with a silly paper 'magnifying glass' to find hidden fingerprints.

I'd still prefer that to activation, though... at least I know I can keep playing this game without having to depend on some outside servers somewhere.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
I am a bit disappointed with lords system. At first it seemed like a good idea to have a 20 level character imported from previos map but on practice the popmpous fuucker demads much money on flags than lower level guys. As a result he mostly hangs out outside hall of lords doing nothing.
And, while he retains all his equipment, for some reason it is not shown on model, so he looks less cool than warriors 10 levels lower than he is.

On a positve side, it's good to have a group of them during final assault against strong enemy.

Multi-headed Cow

Continued playing the hell out of the demo and even though on the whole it feels like a step back from Majesty 1, it's such a small step back that I don't mind. If Fallout 3 was handled the same way, we would actually have gotten a good Fallout game out of it.

Biggest problem with it seems to be that there's just less of everything. Which (Hopefully) will get padded out with DLC, which I'll pirate since fuck buying DLC. I'll cough up the full retail price to buy the game, then hopefully they'll patch and/or DLC the game up to Majesty 1. Even if they don't, the demo gave me a good enough impression I'll pick it up.

DON'T NORMALLY BUY GAMES AT FULL PRICE, SO I HOPE YOU APPRECIATE THIS, MAJESTY 2 DEVELOPERS.

Balor

Arcane
Well, you don't get EVERYTHING in Demo. In full game, you get all (plus a tiny bit more) stuff you got in original Majesty.
If they will add same stuff that came with Northern Expancion, but added in DLCs, but priced so that overall it will equal price of an expansion... why not?

In fact, it gives me more freedom to choose from features I want and do not want in a game!

DLC does not automatically equal charging extra for same stuff... well, in fact usually it is (horse armor, hah), but it does not HAVE to.
We just have to see the pricings.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
MetalCraze said:
3DNews loves this piece of shit and gives it a 6/10
But of course 3DNews is a hardware site and they don't know shit about games - if it was a normal site the score would've been much lower. Though 6/10 for an in-house 1C game is quite an achievement.
Now, let's look at the reviews:
IGN - 7.5
Gamebanshee - 7.6
Gamecorner - 8
Dreamstation - 9,5
Gamersroute - 8,5
Gamerlimit - 8,5
etc...

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Fuck, i encountered a nasty bug. When i save and the reload, all items on models of heroes are reset.
Balor, is this happening to you?

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
Emotional Vampire said:
X09.jpg

Hory

Erudite
Hamster said:
Fuck, i encountered a nasty bug. When i save and the reload, all items on models of heroes are reset.
Balor, is this happening to you?
Play ironman. It's too easy anyway. Two problems solved at once.

Majesty 2 has best copy protection ever!
As a sidenote: apparently, it's been cracked a few days ago. Two days after the game's official release.
"Legal purchasers, enjoy your DRM..." :|

Korgan

Arbiter
Game. Of. The. Year.
Fucking awesome, feels slick and incredibly addictive. No worse than the original Majesty in every aspect except variety. Patches are needed though, yeah.

Korgan

Arbiter
more variety, better balancing, better AI, etc
Sure, but they'll feed us patches and expansions anyway, so those might as well go to good use instead of adding achievements. Face it, releasing complete games ended around the time consoles got a net connection.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom