Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Magna Vinland Ragnarök

Cassidy

Arcane
NEW VERSION:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/wvtdecqohekkn00/MagnaVinland04.zip

Highlights: Slavic Pommerania, Chinese Madagascar, Croatia, Dracula as Elector Prince of the HRE in Hungary, Zoroastrian Persia, Defenestrations and Hansa fixed.

Code:
Magna Vinland Ragnarok 0.4 modmodmod for Mare Apertum and Magna Mundi Platinum 2

Magna Vinland Ragnarok is a modification built over a mix of alternate history, low fantasy
 and cosmic horror that includes a 400-year old Norse colonization of North America that 
westernized neighboring natives, a pagan revival in Northern Europe, much more dangerous 
Turks and five new religions fully integrated in the Dei Gratia submod.

This changelist obviously may contain spoilers. See changesragnarok02.txt for more details

NEW SCENARIO CHANGES

Africa 

* New Country: Mada, formed by the descendants of the shipwreck of Zheng He expedition 
in Madagascar, that gave birth to a diverse frontier country far more westernized
and modern than the Ming. They are very small, but extremely safe at the beginning, and with
natural potential for colonial expansion because of their ideas and mercantile superiority over
the right centers of trade of Asia, and thus recommended as a "tutorial country".

* The Ming start the game with one colony in continental East Africa and more in the islands and
in some islands of the Indian Ocean. Note: The Chinese Admiral Zheng He actually reached East 
Africa, but historically the Ming never had any colonial interests. In the case of America, 
however, Zheng He reaching it is as likely as the existence of the lost city of Atlantis.

Central and Eastern Europe

* Fixed the events related to the formation of Teutony, the "German Prussia" in this Alternate
History.

* All members of pagan Nordland are now completely playable and able to form Germany. Any
other country within that has grown powerful and prestigious enough can take the title of 
"Emperor by the grace of the gods" from Cleves through a political decision, but a Dutch 
country will be forsaking the formation of the Netherlands if this choice is made.

* A significant number of cities start as Hansa Cities

* New Country: Pommerania. Failing to defend itself, Lithuania was forced to abandon their
protection of Pommerania and now the Wend Pommerania, the last bastion of Slavic paganism, 
must try  to survive on their own, while surrounded by fanatical knightly orders.

* Lithuania lost Gdunsk to the Teutonic Order.

* What is left of Hungary is ruled by a Romanian dynasty, and by 1453, their king 
is the infamous Vlad III Dracula. Hungary also is an elector of the Holy Roman Empire.

* Pommerania, Friesland, Holland and Bremen are members of the Hansa.

Balkans and Middle East

* Croatia starts as an independent country and member of the Holy Roman Empire. A Bogomil 
Crusade happened, which although not entirely victorious for the HRE, it still forced 
Serbia to abandon all territories with a Catholic majority and allow them to join the 
Holy Roman Empire as Croatia.

* New Country: Persia. The Komnenos Restoration gave a slim chance for the last Zoroastrians to 
reclaim their defeated country, and they succeeded, but not completely, and the later Mongol
invasions would greatly reduce their territories. Under Xerxes III, they dream of reviving their
long lost empire and their dying Zoroastrian religion.

America and Scandinavia

* Two civilized native cities are part of a new and more powerful Hansa: the Hansatlantic League.

* The Republic of Vinland starts as the presiding member of the Hansa. However, they will lose 
their membership if they start expanding

* Odinhóll was renamed to Garðinn (The City)

* Turku, Reykjavík and Eiriksfjord are Hansatlantic Cities

General

* Being Catholic and not having at least 1 of tolerance to heretics while having any hussite
presence will cause some defenestration during monarchical successions. Thuringia and Hungary
in particular are vulnerable to this, and new Hussite Wars may and will happen.

* Meanwhile, the Protestant Reformation has become much more dangerous and impactful than it
historically did. The Papal States may and will have to wage wars to force countries to convert
and/or to conquer the Holy Land to keep the Catholic faith relevant outside of Rome.

* Draculesti Hungary has an unique modifier, aptly named "The Lord Impaler". This is one of 
many unique national traits yet to come.

* Several new religious decisions for the Rodnover(Slavic Pagan) faith

* The historical Hanseatic League became something greater, that spans over the entire Baltic
and North Antlatic from Europe to North America. However, many of their members are also growing
too large for the Hansatlantic League to survive, and those who aren't are threatened by
powerful enemies. Plus, the Hansa is identified as a mostly pagan institution, and is naturally
reviled by the Christian aristocracy.

* Zoroastrians can build three different fire temples in succession by provinical decision. The
last of these temples can only be constructed after the coming of the Saoshyant.

* The ruling dynasty of Zoroastrian Persia can achieve the status of Saoshyant, the prophecized
savior that will bring the final purification of the world according to their faith, but it
won't be easy, for it requires transforming Persia into a true empire again.

* Mass desecration, slaughter and/or destruction may happen if Zoroastrians conquer Mecca, 
depending on which fate Persia chooses for the city. Pagans on the other hand will gain an 
enormous quantity of gold if they conquer Rome, from the looting of Papal States coffers and 
razing of churches.

* Added Exploration: The Pacific Coast of the New World for sufficiently westernized Ming, Japan
or Mada, that will allow them to colonize California, Alaska and anything that isn't already 
colonized. Likewise, after this colonial route is concluded, it will be possible for any of 
these countries as long as it is not too backwards to chart Australia or New Zealand by
decision.

* Several regions in the world map have been altered to serve decisions that rely on their
existence.

* Several other new events and decisions for some of the new countries and some of the old ones.
Old decisions and events with issues were fixed.

* General optimization of events inherited from Magna Mundi. Redundant script lines were removed,
typos and errors fixed, among other things possible thanks to a nifty tool called Audax 
Validator for checking mods for all Clausewitz engine games.

Planned changes(If mods don't fix Europa Universalis IV enough for this mod to jump to the 
new game before they get done):

* Have narrative events that explain all major points of divergence for all countries which 
history was changed.

* Unique mercenary companies that will be possible by using extra country tags with an exclusive
land unit tech tree, updated by event to match the technology of their time, and a decision that 
adds a core of such nonexistant "country" to the player's capital at the expense of greater land 
maintenance costs to allow these unique units to be recruited. These unique mercenaries will 
oftenly be superior units to their contemporary, but the way they increase land maintenance 
and the fact they can only be recruited from the capital will limit their use. They can be 
disabled by decision to return land maintenance costs to normal, but disabling them will disband
all their units.

* If Rome falls to heathens or heretics, remaining for decades in their control, and Jerusalem 
isn't in Catholic hands, after the reformation already happened, the spread of other Christian 
faiths(minus Orthodox, unless Constantinople was reconquered by an Orthodox country) will rise 
dramatically and the Catholic religion will begin to suffer a sharp decline.

* Complete overhaul of the espionage system. It is currently worthless unless you resort to 
excessive save/load scumming or have more gold to fabricate cores than infamy to spare and 
want to conquer the HRE, because of over-nerfing.

oscar

Arcane
Why is the capital of Persia in Tabriz? It's Kurdish and Muslim.

oscar

Arcane
In addition, how do I get the 'Persia Restored' flag that lets me get the strategic goal event (I looked through the Persia events)? I have all the Persian and Kurdish provinces.

Cassidy

Arcane
Why is the capital of Persia in Tabriz? It's Kurdish and Muslim.

The capital of Persia should be Mazandaran. If it isn't, something is wrong.

In addition, how do I get the 'Persia Restored' flag that lets me get the strategic goal event (I looked through the Persia events)? I have all the Persian and Kurdish provinces.

Oh damn I missed a "_", which means that event will probably not even work.

Open Persia.txt in events. Look for, right after the first lines:

Code:
country_event = { #Restoration of Core Persia

id = 831002

trigger = {
	religion = zoroastrian
	primary_culture = persian
	war = no
	NOT = { has_country_flag = zoroastrian_persia restored }

Change that last line to :

Code:
NOT = { has_country_flag = zoroastrian_persia_restored

With that fixed, click on the Region Mapmode. You need to own every province marked as belonging to "Persia" for that event to happen, and not only those with Persian culture. Among those are culturally Pashtun provinces as well. Funnily Magna Mundi included Kandahar as part of "Persia". The primary advantage of conquering all of that is gaining immediate cores to all the provinces in that region.

Also I forgot to add a flag for a possible country. Fixing that is quite simple: from the mod main folder, go to \gfx\flags and rename ROM.tga to DAC.tga

I'll update the file with these fixes soon.

*Edit: done and updated in OP

http://www.mediafire.com/?81771lhx8ftfa86

Cassidy

Arcane
Seleukeia is a ortodox nation?

As Orthodox as it is Greek. It was the result of a second division within the Eastern Roman Empire that, although not by itself alone, doomed the westernmost and European portion of it to a slow but sure death accelerated by the arrival of the Turkic invaders from Eastern Europe

Imperator

Scholar
And they have a decision to recreate the byzantine empire if retake Constantinople and Greece?

Cassidy

Arcane
And they have a decision to recreate the byzantine empire if retake Constantinople and Greece?

Any country with Greek culture and a Christian religion can recreate the Byzantine Empire.

Also, I'm putting further development of this at a halt. It was one final mod for a game about to have a sequel. If the sequel proves to be much worse than it appears, I may resume, but there is little motivation, and I'm getting burned out with the EU series as a whole.

And one more thing:

The ITZ slow downs late game to a crawl. You may wish to disable it in-game if you want to play all the way to 1820

Cassidy

Arcane
Convert this to EUIV man

As soon as Paradox decides to not be assholes thinking everyone is too dumb and manboon to install manually a patch in a DRM-free game. They politely told me and the other "only 5%" who didn't buy Paradox games from Steam to fuck off, so I'll return the favor and never buy or waste my time playing any of their games again. They are always more of the same, if not worse.

Besides, do you have any idea of the effort converting essentially the entirety of Magna Mundi Platinum 2, Mare Apertum and this to EUIV would entail? I'm done with modding in Paradox games.

~Qwinn

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom