Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Magna Mundi - Better grab your popcorn folks, this one will go into the DRAMA history books

Destroid

Arcane
You can't make it for EU3 instead?

MMU seemed more moddable, also it had some cool game systems I was going to hijack. I don't think I can make the League of Independent Texan States function like I wanted on EU3.

What about CK2? I'd have thought it would be generally more appropriate anyway, with it's focus on lower level politics, holdings and characters.

Goliath

Arcane
Zionist Agent
It's official: Magna Mundi cancelled

Hi all,

today Paradox Interactive decided to cancel Magna Mundi. It will not see the light of day under the current set up: Universo Virtual (UV) will not be part of this project any more.

The reasons for cancelling the contract with Universo Virtual include the following:

- Lack of progress; we have seen this project drag on and the code we have gotten has not shown significant improvement for many months. Some old and known problems persists and new ones appear with each delivery.

- Lack of trust; the leadership of UV has given a sunshine version of the project to Paradox and reacted with irritation and anger when we have pointed out obvious problems with the deliveries. It has come to a point where they claim the project is done, and the game is ready for release – despite the many critical issues found and reported on our end.

- Internal strife within the MM team; we have gotten information from members within the MM team desperate to save the project whom report to us that the project lacks active leadership. Key personnel in the project see what Paradox sees but instead gets silenced by the UV leadership.

All in all, these are not circumstances under which we can work with a team and it will now stop. At this point we have no more news than the above.

Sincerely and regretfully,
Mattias Lilja
Executive Producer for Magna Mundi

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Renegen

Arcane
Well that's nice. Very classy on the part of some of the MM developers to publicly say in the forums the game was ready for release when it wasn't. If they wanted to save the project, they may have been able to do it by demonstrating to Paradox they could be trusted. Instead, they fucked up the last chance they had by acting the same way they did for a year.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I can see it, Ubik and k_merse being the lying ones (especially k_merse if you follow him on Paradox forums) and zolotoya and the rest being those dissatisfied with the leadership.

Anyway its a shame.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Oh, well, sad ending, but they brought all of this themselves, they shouldn't have tried to trick their own publisher.

Goliath

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I can see it, Ubik and k_merse being the lying ones (especially k_merse if you follow him on Paradox forums) and zolotoya and the rest being those dissatisfied with the leadership.

Me too. ubik has always been a douchebag and it seems he is too blame for this more than anyone. Innovative game designer for sure, but obviously a horrible manager and a crook. It would be great if Paradox could hand over the project to the "trustworthy" members of the MM team to finish it. However, I am almost certain Paradox will bury this. At this point they are most certainly sick of it.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
As much as this is a sad news, I'm going to watch the Paradox forums just to read the butthurt from the people that expected the game.

Sad state of affairs indeed, but also a good chance of forum drama of epic level.

Edit: What a huge faggot is k_merse, almost at the level of ubik:

k_merse said:
I won't be surprised if we'll see soon an announced EU4 with surprisingly similar features to MMtG.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
:lol: Oh, wow, I can't honestly believe he thought it was a good idea to post that.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
:lol: Oh, wow, I can't honestly believe he thought it was a good idea to post that.

Its not the first comment of his in this genre of fucking retardation. I mean, even a not very intelligent person can see that mainstream appeal does not lie in MMU style of gameplay.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
I remember when "The sad state of affairs" thread was posted there on the Paradox forums, one of the Universo Virtual developers (either k_merse or ubik) posted a comment more or less on the line of "the game is in better shape than some of the Paradox games were at release time". Wow, making those kind of comments about your publisher, on the publisher's forum and when your game was on the verge of being cancelled... that was just idiotic.

-It has come to a point where they claim the project is done, and the game is ready for release – despite the many critical issues found and reported on our end.
-Internal strife within the MM team; we have gotten information from members within the MM team desperate to save the project whom report to us that the project lacks active leadership
God damn, them project leaders are full of shit, another promising project goes to shit because of some d-bags.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I remember when "The sad state of affairs" thread was posted there on the Paradox forums, one of the Universo Virtual developers (either k_merse or ubik) posted a comment more or less on the line of "the game is in better shape than some of the Paradox games were at release time". Wow, making those kind of comments about your publisher, on the publisher's forum and when your game was on the verge of being cancelled... that was just idiotic.
Not to mention reeking of blatant lies.

Wow, what fucking clowns. No wonder they got dropped. I was looking forward to this too.

So, are we gonna see a Divine Wind compatible Magna Mundi now?
Nigga, if that shit had any sort of proper internal organization and a list of references and IDs (seriously, the interconnection of files is a fucking mess in MMU), I could whip that up within two weeks or so if I can work semi-consistently and there aren't major ID conflicts. But I don't think it'd be worth it, MMU breaks more than it improves in my opinion.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Well, maybe Johan&Co will hire the few promising members of the UV guys to turn MMtG into an expansion for EU3 or to help with EU4. That's probably the best outcome anyone can hope for.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Well, maybe Johan&Co will hire the few promising members of the UV guys to turn MMtG into an expansion for EU3 or to help with EU4. That's probably the best outcome anyone can hope for.

From how their announcement was formulated I can see that.

They did this with CK - the original dev failed and they finished the job themselves, at a LOSS. Yes, Pdox finished a game they didnt get anything out of.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
and it turned out to be their most successful franchise.

Nope. Their most successful franchise is HoI, of course counting the number of sales (Johan stated that somewhere). Rome was quite successful too, if sales are considered. Then there is their flagship - EU. I would place it fourth-third together with Rome. Dont know about Vicky but it seems niche.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
CK2 is their most successful release, that much was stated. Playable from the start and only one serious bug. Sales? Nothing on that. But WW2 always beats medieval times.

Fuck, this thing sounds mismanaged as all hell. Too bad, I was really looking forward to it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom