Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

MAFIA III - Yo Coonass prepare ta learn 'bout family in N'awlins

Mazisky

Magister
New gameplay video

I appreciate the fact we'll see lof of quality interiors

Mazisky

Magister
I'm perfectly fine with the black dude against the usual Mafia but i'm sure i'll miss those gorgeous sicilian voice actings of the first 2 Mafia. (Paulie was incredible)

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
"When Lincoln Something went after the maffia he did more damage than all the wars and hurricanes combined."

Alright, there goes my interest. Juvenile power fantasy. Fuck that. Apart from that, the visuals and atmosphere are nice enough. Some nice music as well. Other than that the usual weaker immitation of GTA games of yore. Gunplay looks crummy as hell and the AI seems particulary weak. Perhaps they'll surprise me yet, I doubt it.

Mazisky

Magister
Damn this will be released on par with watch dogs 2 i only want to choose one because i can't afford (in terms of might, not money) 2 openworlds one after another.

Both so different but interesting. I bet Mafia 3 narrative and characters will be better altough watch dogs could be more fun. Dunno

Also, New Bordeaux downtown seems cool with those live-Jazz clubs and nice princess and the frog-like atmosphere while San Francisco is a great entertainment park

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Everytime he calls in a favor. How that happens? He obviously speaks to someone. Is it god?
This is the era appropiate cell phone:
an_prc6.jpg

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
This is really shaping up as a great movie interrupted by popamole shooting gallery sections.

Fuck this shit. I'll just replay first Mafia sometime. This looks like a typical Ubisoftian sandbox. Hunt icons on map. Do missions in any way you want! Except every way is just as boring and inconsequential as the next. And oh yeah, wallhacks, because every sandbox game nowadays that isn't GTA must have those.

Mazisky

Magister
I'm so sad that Mafia 3 voice acting in Italian version is generic, well done but generic. In Mafia 1 and 2 voice acting was in sicilian dialect and it was almost perfect (every big mafia movie in history here was dubbed this way)

Vicar

Cipher
Patron
So MAFIA 3 is a tale of diversity warriors fighting against big mafia? :neveraskedforthis:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom