Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lunacid - first-person RPG inspired by King's Field and Shadow Tower - now on Early Access

Curratum

4 hours in. I think I'm done with this.

Asset reuse and geometry flips / samey corridors are ok up to a point, but when the areas are that big and navigating them is that slow, and you're never sure at all where to go or what do to next, it becomes a very big detriment.

I won't be leaving a negative review because I dig a lot of the atmosphere as a whole, but 4 areas / zones into the game, the asset and geometry flips / copy-pasting just broke me and I can't go on, not when there's nothing to do in those huge empty areas and you're just going round in circles through the same hallways.

Sacibengala

Prophet
Asset reuse and geometry flips / samey corridors are ok up to a point, but when the areas are that big and navigating them is that slow, and you're never sure at all where to go or what do to next, it becomes a very big detriment.
This is like King's Field, lol.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
I have played a few hours so far. It's pretty fun. I love the atmosphere. Before it is released I would like to see some attention to the balance of certain weapons / spells. I settled in on the "Silent" for the games aesthetic setting. "Midnight" was also good. Which one did you like the most?

Considering the game is 7 USD, I am sure I will get to the 1 dollar for 1 hour of gameplay metric and then some. Just don't look at the devs twitter account.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
tranny-hypno game made by trannies for the purpose of cracking eggs
Ridiculous take. I do not even have a Twitter. Judge the game solely on its own merits. It is great, this is undeniable.
I am judging by its own merits
first is the colour symbolism; tranny colours and bisexual lighting everywhere
then you see the misshapen anime forms to represent the malformed devs, their avatars and sexual fetishes
then you learn women are having kids with each other

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Ridiculous take. I do not even have a Twitter. Judge the game solely on its own merits. It is great, this is undeniable.
then you see the misshapen anime forms to represent the malformed devs, their avatars and sexual fetishes

How did you find this information out?

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here

How did you find this information out?
I bought the fucking thing and played it

Late Bloomer

Scholar
I bought the fucking thing and played it

I can tell. Lets see, to find out that information you would need to:

zone order: hollow basin>fetid mire>sanguine sea>castle le fanu
read most of the books in the castle
exhaust npc named garrat the hounds dialogue

or use this as your order

lternate (longer) zone order: hollow basin>yosei forest>accursed tomb>sanguine sea>castle le fanu
read most of the books in the castle
exhaust npc named garrat the hounds dialogue

Anyways, if you are trolling, then not bad. Otherwise, you may want to accept the fact you enjoyed it judging by your thoroughness.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Otherwise, you may want to accept the fact you enjoyed it judging by your thoroughness.
I was seeking for novelty and had a few extra coupures to spend, and I hadn't yet been immunised against the genre of "IT'S JUST LIKE MORROWIND DEUS EX THIEF AND KING'S FIELD no it's not" type of shilling of shitty shovelware

when I bite the bullet on a game, it's sunk cost from thereon and I'll extract everything from it, but to whomstve it's still a prospective cost, beware, it could turn you gay

Late Bloomer

Scholar
1.0 just released

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1745510/Lunacid/
As Halloween descends upon us, we have finally left Early Access. The game is now feature and level complete with a new coat of polish. I couldn’t not have made the game this nice without all the feedback and testing from the Early Access players, thank you all so much!

There’s still bound to be more bug patches in the future, but mostly I’ll be working on localization in the future. There’s a prequel also in the works, on the old Sword of Moonlight engine, that I’ll give more details on later when it’s closer to completion.

Thank you all so much for the amazing support you’ve given me over the years!

Patch notes:
Smoothed player grounding
Animated ranged weapon crosshair
Made water effects and traversal better
Nerfed Quickstep
Fixed Demi’s elbows
Shop now can display items for sale
New elemental impact effects
Added pronouns to character creation
Added new enemies
Added new levels
Added new weapons
Added new spells
Added Shrimp
Added endings
Added new achievements
Buffed Lanterns
Buffed Steel Lance
Polished Wing’s Rest
Added more signposting
Remade Manual
Added Key Rebinding
Fixed NPC summons floating in air
Fixed Random Enemies mode (Uses name !RANDOM now)
Added more plants
Added Demi/Sheryl jamming
Fixed player portraits in main menu
Removed Flail default form (Animation was incompatible)
Added more spell icons
Added more Mimics when you have a bunch of money
Added more Full Moon only enemies

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Fairly extensive at that.

Default is to They / Them. Depending on if you decide to select left or right to cycle through the pronouns , you will have to scroll through a few extra before getting to He / Him, She / Her selection. Here they are in their entirety.
They / Them
Xe / Xem
Ze / Hir
Ve / Ver
Per / Pers
It / Its
He / They
She / They
He / Him
She / Her
She / He

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
they are never used in the game, NPCs just call you by your name apparently. also you can edit the pronouns in a file:

fuckingPRONOUNS.jpg

Sacibengala

Prophet
Fairly extensive at that.

Default is to They / Them. Depending on if you decide to select left or right to cycle through the pronouns , you will have to scroll through a few extra before getting to He / Him, She / Her selection. Here they are in their entirety.
They / Them
Xe / Xem
Ze / Hir
Ve / Ver
Per / Pers
It / Its
He / They
She / They
He / Him
She / Her
She / He
King's Field fans would feel excluded if these wasn't there on release, lol

Elttharion

Learned
Fuck... I bought this blindly during EA and had no idea the dev was a troon and the game was trannified. Now I am regreting my purchase. At least the game was only a few bucks.

Stormcrowfleet

Aeon & Star Interactive
Developer
I hope this game is good, I had high hope for a new King's Field. I hope we see more fields-like game in the future instead of souslike games. Don't get me wrong I love DS and DeS, but the souslike formula is a bit stale when copy-pasted. Having an immersive dungeon exploration of huge castles/areas with low-fidelity graphic is a great idea.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom