Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Spiral

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Is one of the 13 a tentacle demon? and why is it the little girl?

Tentacle.jpg

Everyone's a tentacle.

Will one of the 13 become a dog and which one of us is Zeus?

You are Diogenes Camna and this is the manifestation of the program that the Masters thought would successfully bind you as a new, obedient Observer. Escape, and embrace your destiny!

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Well since this is placed in Japan and we are in horror setting, I feel that we have missed some very important quostions.

1) Umbrellas.
Are there in sort logos of umbrellas in the hospital? Or any syringes marked with T-virus, G-virus etc

2) Do we have any sort of portable radios?
I don't want I don't want butthurt diagnoses from knife wound in our asses due midget mutants stapping us....Or mannequins...

3) Do we have any sort beard,moustaches or any sort of hair in our jaw?...It's for research! I swear!

4) Can we become a zombie?

5)What shape our glasses are? squore or round?

6) What year do we think we live in? 2013 ?

Tigranes

Arcane
Yeah, it's likely that we need to focus on assembling clues about the environment as much as following the story and choices. I think Elfberserker's Q is important - do we believe ourselves to be / do we remember being in 2014? Or something else? Also, treave, would we be able to maintain a small list of known information about the area? I can imagine things getting confusing, especially with the different flooring - i.e. what we think we 'know' in terms of the head nurse's office on floor 6, blood stains coming from ceiling to floor 7...

I imagine we don't need to worry about this quite yet, but if we can't get out we'd want to locate the "Accommodation for visitors (available upon demand)", along with whatever food we do find.

Otherwise, the clues we have include:

-We are in some kind of alternate dimension and/or space-time bubble, with the differences being a strange floor arrangement producing a mysterious additional floor; some exits sealed extraphysically, some exists only sealed conventionally; lack of electricity and various connections to the outside world; memory loss for at least ourselves.
-File: Urban Legends #12 hints at some mystical cult relation (perform X and see your loved ones again!), and the name Shinohara Seiji, which might be us.
-File: Newspaper Clipping speaks of dismemberment, and the easiest connection is to the ritual hinted at above. Further mentions arrest of dismembered girl's father, Nakayama Jiro, "middle-aged balding man with a kindly look in his eye" in his 40s. The only similar figure we know is Mori, "A tall, bearded middle-aged man with long, messy hair" in his 40s (ref: 00:39).
-File: Blood-stained note speaks of the gift of particular senses/limbs each night - and again, the obvious connection is that dismemberment rituals grant lost limbs/senses to another. The note "ovrlpng n t-s cords? SS Bckgrnd Chk4 Ritual", as already pointed out, is likely "overlapping in time-space coordinates? Shinohara Seiji background check for ritual."
These produce some relevant questions and next steps:
  • Are we Shinohara Seiji? This may explain our 'unique' memory loss (though some others may have memory loss and pretend not to). If so, are we the target of the ritual (in which case, we are probably the victim than the beneficiary)? Why?
  • We will probably have to check out the blood-stained top floor sooner or later; I doubt we can exit this building by conventional means. But we should probably not be the first ones to suggest the gory expedition, given our image.
  • The most 'suspicious' characters, i.e. ones likely to have information, are the medical student/nurse duo and Mori, and after that, the little girl and the seer creep. Again, I think we should talk up Tokugawa as an easy target first.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
1) Umbrellas.
Are there in sort logos of umbrellas in the hospital? Or any syringes marked with T-virus, G-virus etc

2) Do we have any sort of portable radios?
I don't want I don't want butthurt diagnoses from knife wound in our asses due midget mutants stapping us....Or mannequins...

3) Do we have any sort beard,moustaches or any sort of hair in our jaw?...It's for research! I swear!

4) Can we become a zombie?

5)What shape our glasses are? squore or round?

6) What year do we think we live in? 2013 ?

No umbrella logos.

We can look for it, though you'd have more luck finding one in an older hospital.

Some stubble.

Define zombie.

Oval.

2014, as far as you can tell. I'll describe what you can remember soon.

Also, treave, would we be able to maintain a small list of known information about the area?

I was considering it, but I'm not sure whether to maintain notes as when I do it I'll be drawing attention to what is important even if it does not seem to be so at the moment.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The most 'suspicious' characters, i.e. ones likely to have information, are the medical student/nurse duo and Mori, and after that, the little girl and the seer creep. Again, I think we should talk up Tokugawa as an easy target first.
Why would he know anything? Is he on the 'suspect' list just because he is a part of the staff?

What about the author, Sasaki? He didn't just happen to have a whole notebook comprised of the notes we find magically appearing before our eyes, did he?

My wild guess is that almost everyone has some kind of connection to this place or to people who were involved with that place. The staff is connected to the hospital itself, the schoolchildren have their missing friend that was like us, the author may have been investigating urban legends and folklore for his next book, the gypsy may have been right about some anormaly going on around here. I don't know what the deal is with others, but we would probably discover more by approaching each and every one of them.

Then again, I do not think it is necessary to understand the big picture.

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
The medical duo have openly professed prior knowledge of Ikei and the site - so by definition they will have background knowledge. Sure, every character will have something, but these are the most obvious points to start tapping.

Baltika9

Arcane
Too bad we're not FriendlyGuy. Oh well, let's hope the hospital itself has enough clues.

Nevill

Arcane
A friendly guy would have been less critical to the information he is fed.

I would be wary of saying 'you are playing it WRONG' just yet. ;)

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
As I've said before, none of the base personalities have a considerable advantage over the others.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You glance at Uehara furtively, trying to work up the courage to approach her. Setting down a stack of files with a sigh, she looks up and meets your gaze. “Was there anything you wanted?” she asks with a nice smile, walking over to you instead.

“N-no, not really,” you murmur softly, turning your head away from Uehara and adjusting your glasses.

“Come now, don’t be shy. We’re all stuck together in this crappy place!” she laughs, slapping your back. You wince, your fingers crumpling up a sheet of paper that you had been holding. Noticing your uneasiness, Uehara apologizes quickly… though she remains where she is, standing uncomfortably close to you. Does this girl have no concept of physical boundaries?You try to clear your head and decide to move a bit further away from her, but your feet stop when she begins to speak.

“Say, Adachi-san, what did you do before coming here?”

You still haven’t remembered anything relevant about your past. What you do recall is common knowledge that surfaces in your mind when it is associated with something – it is a process that you imagine to be much like uncovering your memories gradually with a shovel. When you see a telephone, you know what it is for. From the very start, you know that this place, thanks to the furniture and design, is a hospital. You have seen the calendars on the wall which tell you that you are in 2014, and you do not remember anything off about that. You remember the events of note that have taken place in that year, and the year before. Of course, you do not remember anything of note involving yourself. Not your age, not your hobbies, not your work or your family or any of the barest details of your life before you woke up at this hospital.

So, you are unable to answer her question truthfully.

“I… I studied.” It seems like as good an answer as any, and since you have already lied about your name, it is a small step to take. Everyone has studied at least once in their life, right? “W-What about you?”

“Me? Oh, come on, I hope there’s nothing wrong with your memory, Adachi-san! I already introduced myself back there, in the lobby. Uehara Shizuka, seventeen years old, just your everyday, normal, cheerful high school girl!” She gives you a mock salute, her hazel eyes twinkling with good cheer. “But if you want more details, sure. Um… I was born on June 6th, my hobbies are lazing around the house and reading comics, my favourite food is mille-feuille, and my three sizes are-“

“Your three sizes are flat, Uehara,” calls out Sakimura, laughing.

As expected, Uehara is enraged and stomps towards him. You turn away, tuning out their friendly bickering…

You need to get back to the search.

After exhausting every piece of paper in the room, nothing else of interest turns up. Tokigawa throws up his hands in defeat. “It’s not in here. We’ve looked everywhere.”

“What about the security room?” Mori seems unfazed by the lack of results.

“I’ll talk to Midori when we get back,” replies Tokigawa.

Mori nods. Despite the clear fire hazard of smoking in a room full of paper, he is puffing away while leaning against a wall – not the blood-stained one – and checking his watch. Although the clocks on the wall are still pointed at twelve, your personal time pieces had begun ticking again. Even if you do not know the exact time at the moment, you can still find out how much time has passed since you woke up again. It’s now a little over an hour and a half since you first opened your eyes.

Suddenly, the voice of a female singer belting out a catchy pop ballad fills the air.

“Wait, sorry, that’s my ringtone!” Startled, Tokigawa fumbles inside his pocket and retrieves his phone. Someone is calling? But isn’t there no signal in here? “It’s… Midori?” Behind his spectacles, Tokigawa’s eyes widen. He answers the call hurriedly.

“Midori? Midori, is that you? How did you manage to get through?”

Everyone else looks on in silence as Tokigawa’s expression grows cloudy and confused.

“Midori? Hello?”

You can hear the crackle of the speaker, though it is too far for you to make out what Tokigawa is hearing.

“Midori?”

Tokigawa lowers his phone, staring at the screen. His face is pale. Pressing his thumb against the display, he redials the number and lifts the phone to his ear again. This happens again three times before he gives up.

“Hey, uh, Tokigawa-san, what did she say?” asks Sakimura.

“N-no, she didn’t really say anything,” mumbles Tokigawa. “Look, let’s get back to the cafeteria.”

No one disagrees.

Arriving at the cafeteria in a hurry, you find that Mitsuki, Sakaki, Sawada and Amanozaki have made themselves at home. The tables are piled high with junk food and drinks. “Ah, you guys are back!” waves Sawada cheerfully. “Good work!”

“Have Midori and the others returned?” asks Tokigawa urgently.

“Ah, you mean Miss Okuyama and her group? Aren’t they right behind you?” Sawada replies, looking puzzled. “Wait…”

Tokigawa whirls around quickly. True enough, Okuyama’s group is there: Taketatsu, Maeda and Kayano. Okuyama herself is nowhere to be seen, however. Tokigawa stands there quietly, looking beyond the three of them, as if hoping Okuyama will appear from behind soon enough.

“What is it? Why is everyone staring at us?” asks Maeda tetchily, glaring back.

“Maeda-san, where is Okuyama-san?” Mori is the first to respond, before Tokigawa can even speak.

“Midori-san? She was right… behind… eh?” Turning around, Maeda scans the way she came. Raising her voice, she calls out, “Midori-san?”

“Where did you last see her?” Mori follows up again, looming closer to the three of them.

“Mori-san, please be polite,” replies Taketatsu calmly. “As far as I know, she was with us right until you pointed it out. I was keeping my eye on the path straight ahead and leading the way, but I heard her footsteps following us.”

“I-I was talking with Midori-san and Rina-san on the way back,” Maeda says, slightly upset.

“She said she had something stuck in her shoe, and after slowing down a little she was just walking behind us,” says Kayano apologetically. “She wasn’t really participating in the conversation then so I didn’t pay too much attention to it. I’m sorry.”

“Where was that?” Tokigawa has stepped in front of Mori, a look of concern etched onto his brow.

“Just… after going up the stairs, I think? It was just seconds ago… I… I think?” Kayano’s arms are folded – she appears to be as perplexed as anyone else at the situation.

“I didn’t see her behind you while the three of you were walking here,” Sakaki speaks up, scowling. You crane your neck slightly, trying to see things from Sakaki’s angle. From here, you can see past the corridor to where the stairways and lifts are. If he did not see Okuyama with them, she probably did not ascend the stairs to the ground floor together with the other three.

“Kukukukuku…” Amanozaki’s distinctive laugh floats from the back of the cafeteria, where she is hunched over with an open bag of potato chips. “I warned you…”

Shut up.” Tokigawa growls at her, a look of disgust on his face. Gripping the bag of chips tightly, Amanozaki shies back, cowed by his expression.

“H-hey, everyone? Let’s calm down, alright?” Sawada stands up, trying to put on a brave smile. “The important thing to do right now is to find Okuyama-san.”

Taking a deep sigh, Tokigawa gives him a nod. “Mori-san, I’m going to look for her. Can you come with me?”

“Sakaki, from this angle, you saw them walking in from the moment they climbed up the stairs, right?” asks Mori, echoing your previous guess. The author nods, and Mori gives him a grunt of satisfaction. “Alright. Then we should focus the search on the basement levels. We should all go together.” Throwing a glance at the fortune teller crouched at the back of the room, he calls out authoritatively, “Even you, Amanozaki. Come on.”

The twelve of you descend into the basement level of the hospital. It is as brightly lit as anywhere else in the hospital – you had been expecting some dark, dank cellar for some reason. According to the three who had been exploring the level, the service corridors on sublevel two have been sealed with metal shutters; you would not be able to get through to the other buildings until they were unlocked. The search for Okuyama Midori begins…

1:40

A. You investigate the security center on the second basement level.

B. You investigate the maintenance rooms on the second basement level.

C. You investigate the male toilet on the second basement level.

D. You investigate the female toilet on the second basement level.

E. You investigate the laundry on the first basement level.

F. You investigate the kitchens on the first basement level.

G. You investigate the male showers on the first basement level.

H. You investigate the female showers on the first basement level.

I. You do not do any investigating at all, instead opting to just lounge around at the staircase.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
treave said:
“I… I studied.” It seems like as good an answer as any, and since you have already lied about your name, it is a small step to take. Everyone has studied at least once in their life, right? “W-What about you?”
Seriously, though, I think if there is a person we can trust with our secret, it's Shizuka. She is kind-hearted and knows us well enough already not to blab about that, and nothing brings the two closer together than a common secret. Besides, her name implies she won't rat you out. :M

As for the search, I am not sure of what we may find here, but I keep having this urge to investigate female showers. Always was curious about those. And there is a high probability to bump into someone from our crew in an awkward fashion. Maybe even Uehara or Okuyama herself. It's perfect.

So, H.

Last edited:

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Doesnt matter what we will chose we wont find her anyway. While I propose the female showers - might give some interesting visions +M

But seriously voting I.

archaen

Cipher
Patron
A. We need to find the key codes to the doors and this is the most likely place to have them.

Nevill

Arcane
You think the others won't share them after they find them?

Elfberserker

Liturgist
hmmm...
B

We can probably find maintaince log book there.
Try to find were there any problems with water, air and temparute.
If something stopped working or there are any problems related to hospital itself then we find them in maintance room.

If we are lucky, we might find maintance crew keys or security clearance and perhaps even a map.
We also probably find diffrent tools in there as well sturdy work clothes....Including chainsaw or a hammer..

Edit: I forgot about flashlights.
Those are bound to be useful

Ifeex

Augur
Sakimura! You fucker, we were so close!

No idea what to vote here.

Kz3r0

Arcane
A.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom