Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Spiral

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Ah, yes, holographic waifus can be quite vexing.
archer-viscouscoupling-top.jpg

Akkudakku

Arbiter
I believe you guys fucked the zodiac up already. As we are using it to create a patch we should probably pick trios that will build a somewhat chronological story of who the fuck we are.

But no idea how.

Anyway im trying to tackle this thing.

Would be better if I remembered who was who.

Anyways I think the love triangle of school kids should be one option.

Uehara, the little girl and Maeda should be second.

And whatever we are left with should be last.

This way we have them in thematic groupings of: kids, people that have some strange ties to us and 'loremasters'.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
None of the people here were in any way connected to Shinoseki Adachi before this whole thing started. It is likely we didn't even exist then.

It is less about us and more about the reasons why these people came to the hospital and why it was exactly these people.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
None of the people here were in any way connected to Shinoseki Adachi before this whole thing started. It is likely we didn't even exist then.

It is less about us and more about the reasons why these people came to the hospital and why it was exactly these people.
Then picking the ones that we know that have the most connections and strongest interractions in previous nights into groups will give the best effects.

So Id say the school kids without Uehara.

Uehara, Amanozaki and the little girl (Id rather had the little girl paired to Mori but I returned too late to the forum. Had fuckloads of RL tm on my back).

And whoever is left.

Would have been beter to swap Mori with Maeda in the last made choice but its too late now.

Nevill

Arcane
Then picking the ones that we know that have the most connections and strongest interractions in previous nights into groups will give the best effects.
Why?

The nature of the test is to reveal the previous connections between the participants. If they met before, we will observe these meetings. Just like we did with Kayano, Taketatsu and Mori.

Why would choosing people on the basis that we came to know them change anything about their pasts and make them connect between themselves better?

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Why?

The nature of the test is to reveal the previous connections between the participants. If they met before, we will observe these meetings. Just like we did with Kayano, Taketatsu and Mori.

Why would choosing people on the basis that we came to know them change anything about their pasts?
Well how I see it the more connections there are the more sniplets of text about these characters in the next update. More sniplets more info. But I can be wrong here +M

Nevill

Arcane
Yes, the more connections there are between the ones we choose, the more info we will get. You are correct there.

If they met before, we will learn about it. If they didn't, we wouldn't. What does it have to do with our relationships with them? We are not a part of this puzzle.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Yes, the more connections there are between the ones we choose, the more info we will get. You are correct there.

If they met before, we will learn about it. If they didn't, we wouldn't. What does it have to do with our relationships with them? We are not a part of this puzzle.

But the dick incarnation is a part of it. And we have to resurface again into control. You have to know your enemy :troll:

But in all truth I have no idea.

Has anyone tried to check the net about zodiac pairings or anything like that? Or character type based upon zodiac.

Knowing that in this LP ocultism works it will be exactly what we see the characters act.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Hey wasnt Amanozaki family yakuza? Her father I mean. Based upon her bandaging us.
So she might be useful to pair with Maeda whose family is also crime related.

Nevill

Arcane
But the dick incarnation is a part of it.
Not at all. He's been 'dead' for two years. He didn't meet anyone in person, and even if he did, his name is not on the list.

You can also see that people who have been affected most by Seiji - Taketatsu and Mori - have nothing in common. Very little in common with Kayano, either, who perhaps knows more about the guy than anyone else here, sans maybe Sawada. Seiji just isn't a very good link.

And half of the people here never met Seiji before in their lives, period. Even Uehara knows him only by a photo her sister sent her.

So she might be useful to pair with Maeda whose family is also crime related.
A possibility, yes, though I got the impression they were fairly small-time, compared to Kaimei. But good catch.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Not at all. He's been 'dead' for two years. He didn't meet anyone in person, and even if he did, his name is not on the list.

You can also see that people who have been affected most by Seiji - Taketatsu and Mori - have nothing in common. Very little in common with Kayano, either, who perhaps knows more about the guy than anyone else here, sans maybe Sawada. Seiji just isn't a very good link.

And half of the people here never met Seiji before in their lives, period. Even Uehara knows him only by a photo her sister sent her.
Exactly. And we are piecing a road here. This might be an alusion to who we are or were in the past. None of the characters have full info by them self but they might create the full picture if paired right.

Too bad that we dont know shit about over half of these people :(

Wonder whats the motivation of the dick incarnation? Immortality Id bet.

Nevill

Arcane
Exactly. And we are piecing a road here. This might be an alusion to who we are or were in the past. None of the characters have full info by them self but they might create the full picture if paired right.
But that's the thing I am trying to say here. It isn't about us. However we group these people, we will learn of their mutual connections, not of their connections to us. So unless they have specifically made us their common business, we are unlikely to gain any useful insights of that nature.

However, if we got lucky, we could have found out Mori's insider in the hospital, for example. That's between Mori and his contact, though, it does not really concern us.

Wonder whats the motivation of the dick incarnation? Immortality Id bet.
If he is able to persist in this space even after his alleged death, he is already immortal. Well, unless he is dependant on them not pulling the plug out of the supercomputer.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
But that's the thing I am trying to say here. It isn't about us. However we group these people, we will learn of their mutual connections, not of their connections to us. So unless they have specifically made us their common business, we are unlikely to gain any useful insights of that nature.

However, if we got lucky, we could have found out Mori's insider in the hospital, for example. That's between Mori and his contact, though, it does not really concern us.

If he is able to persist in this space even after his alleged death, he is already immortal. Well, unless he is dependant on them not pulling the plug out of the supercomputer.
No idea then.
But the source for Mori was probably the young doctor. Probably also some kind of agent of his own, why else would he come to work when shit hit the fan.

Off all the people that died I dont think only random characters would be 'chosen' to relive this crap with us. Id say they have connection to the main char in this way or another, not exactly a straight one.
Mori lost a kid, maybe because of our father. For example.

Nevill

Arcane
But the source for Mori was probably the young doctor. Probably also some kind of agent of his own, why else would he come to work when shit hit the fan.
He and Sawada are my prime suspects, yes. In fact, if they used the doc to tip Mori off from a 'reliable source', they could then use the experiment to get rid of both of them. Why leave a trace?

Off all the people that died I dont think only random characters would be 'chosen' to relive this crap with us.
No, the 12 people here are definitely not random. They were carefully selected over the course of several months, in fact.

That's not what I am talking about.

Mori lost a kid, maybe because of our father. For example.
Well, he directly blames Juuzo for the disappearances, and I think rightfully so.

Still, the only person that we explicitly know works for Juuzo is Kayano. And she and Mori had little to no prior intersections. She never met him before, and that's the extent of her involvement with him as far as the puzzle is concerned.

The connection to the hospital director is there for both of them, but there is no direct link between them, so we didn't get to see more. It's the same with us.

We need to search for more immediate connections.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Akkudakku Good to have you back. :bro:
Thanks! :bro:
He and Sawada are my prime suspects, yes. In fact, if they used the doc to tip Mori off from a 'reliable source', they could then use the experiment to get rid of both of them. Why leave a trace?

No, the 12 people here are definitely not random. They were carefully selected over the course of several months, in fact.

That's not what I am talking about.

Well, he directly blames Juuzo for the disappearances, and I think rightfully so.

Still, the only person that we explicitly know works for Juuzo is Kayano. And she and Mori had little to no prior intersections. She never met him before, and that's the extent of her involvement with him as far as the puzzle is concerned.

The connection to the hospital director is there for both of them, but there is no direct link between them, so we didn't get to see more. It's the same with us.

We need to search for more immediate connections.
Since our father was the lead on both projects I wonder.

The old hospital probably dealed in similar research but the people there overused their powers and abused the test subjects (probably from the psychiatric ward) .

Our project probably 'failed spectacularly' with us presumed dead or missing. Probably some dead test subjects too.

Might be our father sacrificed us for the greater good to himself.

There is a cover up but some info leaks.

So he starts the second project with some more scientists and our selfproclaimed arch rival.

The aim is either to save us which I doubt. Or to fulfill our fathers ambition. This is the more likely goal.

So he starts the rumor and brings some test subjects that have troubled souls. This is so they have stronger signal to work with.

He does this by sending out info to the first night 12.

Before starting the machine he sacrifices everyone in the hospital to maybe create some strong anomaly and captures his subjects.

What he does not know is that we are still 'alive' in the quantum supercomputer for a long time doing our thing but dieing enough times shatters our personality at least once.

So he uploads the subjects with the new algorithm. After all seems to be good he wants to upload himself, something fails.

Our father becomes the ultimate big bad.

The other dead souls either seep in or are a bug in the program.

All the nights are 'happening' in the moments after the incident, iterated by the supercomputer as the intended outcome is not happening. This is all done before police can even come and intervene.

This is my probable plot deconstruction with the info we have now available.

(Other option is we are some heavy medicated nutjob in the first hospital and its all the workings of a derranged mind +M)

Another probability might be that no one realy died but its a simulation that some sick asshole started on our limp bodies connected to the supercomputer (as a somewhat twist of Sword Art Online plot).

Also doesnt the dead nurse have the same family name as the office lady? Revenge plot for her?

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
The old hospital probably dealed in similar research but the people there overused their powers and abused the test subjects (probably from the psychiatric ward) .
I doubt it. By the looks of it Maeda Keiji simply used the hospital to experiment on children like he used to in his glorious Nazi days, or just for his perverted desires. Or both.

The digitizing of the soul could not be accomplished without two corporations pulling resources together and some extremely complex algorithms that had to be run on a supercomputer. Doubt those were available in the 70s. No, this project we are participating in is a relatively recent invention.

Might be our father sacrificed us for the greater good to himself.
Wait, who is our father? We only have grandfather out of our known family.

The aim is either to save us which I doubt. Or to fulfill our fathers ambition. This is the more likely goal.
He shot us straight between the eyes and his enforcers are scared of us to death. No saving us, I'm afraid.

I don't know what they were trying to achieve, but the first experiment has failed in some way, with Seika ending at the center of a newly constructed reality. She likely was a previous 'hospital candidate', whatever that means. For some reason (because of her strong feelings for us? because we intervened in the previous experiment?) she did not suffice, and thus an attempt to do the same with Mitsuki was launched, since she might prove easier to control.

It is likely that the second experiment didn't go as planned at all. Or rather, it wasn't scheduled and executed by Juuzo. The algorithms to put it in motion were provided by Seiji (why would our grandfather anonymously send a hint to Taketatsu?), and he said that Juuzo didn't send Kayano here, possibly implying that it was his doing. It is also implied that Seiji was behind assembling the 'core crew' and that he forcibly inserted himself into the experiment.

So it looks like there is a nefarious scheme by Juuzo that Seiji hijacked and repurposed towards his own goals, and we ended up hijacking that in turn, resulting in a total clusterfuck of the experiment's objectives. Right now there is a race to the center of the maze to see who gets their wish realized.

Oh, and the deaths are real, as was shown in Maeda's ending.

Also doesnt the dead nurse have the same family name as the office lady? Revenge plot for her?
Yes. It is very puzzling that she is working for a man we assume to be the Nurse's killer. She either does not know, or does not care.

Last edited:

Akkudakku

Arbiter
I doubt it. By the looks of it Maeda Keiji simply used the hospital to experiment on children like he used to in his glorious Nazi days, or just for his perverted desires. Or both.

The digitizing of the soul could not be accomplished without two corporations pulling resources together and some extremely complex algorithms that had to be run on a supercomputer. Doubt those were available in the 70s. No, this project we are participating in is a relatively recent invention.

Wait, who is our father? We only have grandfather out of our known family.

He shot us straight between the eyes and his enforcers are scared of us to death. No saving us, I'm afraid.

I don't know what they were trying to achieve, but the first experiment has failed in some way, with Seika ending at the center of a newly constructed reality. She likely was a previous 'hospital candidate', whatever that means. For some reason (because of her strong feelings for us? because we intervened in the previous experiment?) she did not suffice, and thus an attempt to do the same with Mitsuki was launched, since she might prove easier to control.

It is likely that the second experiment didn't go as planned at all. The algorithms to put it in motion were provided by Seiji (why would our grandfather anonymously send a hint to Taketatsu?), and he said that Juuzo didn't sent Kayano here, possibly implying that it was his doing. It is also implied that Seiji was behind assembling the 'core crew' and that he forcibly inserted himself into the experiment.

So it looks like there is a nefarious scheme by Juuzo that Seiji hijacked and repurposed towards his own goals, and we ended up hijacking that in turn, resulting in a total clusterfuck of the experiment's objectives. Right now there is a race to the center of the maze to see who gets their wish realized.

Oh, and the deaths are real, as was shown in Maeda's ending.

Yes. It is very puzzling that she is working for a man we assume to be the Nurse's killer. She either does not know, or does not care.
Hay thanks for the clarification. I seem to lost a fair bit of secrit updates in the time I was gone. Also forgot a fair bit.

Still got some things right, so proud of myself +M

Nevill

Arcane
Anyway, you can't help but to admire the guy.

If my ramblings are correct, then to save his beloved he manipulated two multi-billion corporations from beyond the grave and orchestrated a disaster that claimed hundreds of lives of the hospital workers and patients, including children, his childhood sweetheart and his beloved's sister.

I mean, that is both a completely batshit insane and a strangely compelling motivation at the same time. You could get mad at him, but then you remember what it is that Kaimei did here and that if he didn't interfere they would be able to continue unopposed, and you just... I don't know, start rooting for him a bit? His plan is absolutely abhorrent and he is a borderline monster who is willing to let our pet loli suffer in a multitude of ways, and yet I can't bring myself to hate him even in spite of everything he did and is about to do.

His fanatical dedication to his cause stands in a stark contrast to our character's lack of motivation that makes us appear weak in comparison, despite us working just as hard to undo harm the Shinoharas caused.

He is likely too far gone to be considered our ally, even if he opposes Juuzo as fiercely as we do. I have no doubt that if Seika's resurrection required us all to be sacrificed (and it still might), he would not bat an eyelid before reaching for his switchblade.

Kz3r0

Arcane

If my ramblings are correct, then to save his beloved he manipulated two multi-billion corporations from beyond the grave and orchestrated a disaster that claimed hundreds of lives of the hospital workers and patients, including children, his childhood sweetheart and his beloved's sister.

I mean, that is both a completely batshit insane and a strangely compelling motivation at the same time. You could get mad at him, but then you remember what it is that Kaimei did here and that if he didn't interfere they would be able to continue unopposed, and you just... I don't know, start rooting for him a bit? His plan is absolutely abhorrent and he is a borderline monster who is willing to let our pet loli suffer in a multitude of ways, and yet I can't bring myself to hate him even in spite of everything he did and is about to do.

His fanatical dedication to his cause stands in a stark contrast to our character's lack of motivation that makes us appear weak in comparison, despite us working just as hard to undo harm the Shinoharas caused.

He is likely too far gone to be considered our ally, even if he opposes Juuzo as fiercely as we do. I have no doubt that if Seika's resurrection required us all to be sacrificed (and it still might), he would not bat an eyelid before reaching for his switchblade.
Yes, he is cool, but we are cuter.

Akkudakku

Arbiter

Thats true. But then again he will be hated by the one he saves. Hindsight is always 20/20.

I must say that his plan is huge and to have it fulfilled to this degree while being a lone wolf is just insane! Powerful resolve.

But he kind of lost it. Somewhat the practical incarnation.

While we kind of want to fix this shit that most probably we started.

Nevill

Arcane
Thats true. But then again he will be hated by the one he saves. Hindsight is always 20/20.
He is mad. I don't think he realizes this, and if he does, I don't think he cares. He might view it as his 'burden' or something.

It's not like people doing things for others who hate them guts is a rare occurence. You need not look farther than Adachi himsrelf.

But he kind of lost it. Somewhat the practical incarnation.
Practical incarnation was a failure. He had no love for anyone but himself, and so when he lost in the end, he lost everything along with his life.

If this guy loses his life (for good this time?), he might still achieve his objective and die content. There is a method to his madness, a meaning. That's what scares me a bit.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
He is mad. I don't think he realizes this, and if he does, I don't think he cares. He might view it as his 'burden' or something.

It's not like people doing things for others who hate them guts is a rare occurence. You need not look farther than Adachi himsrelf.

Practical incarnation was a failure. He had no love for anyone but himself, and so when he lost in the end, he lost everything along with his life.

If this guy loses his life (for good this time?), he might still achieve his objective and die content. There is a method to his madness, a meaning. That's what scares me a bit.
Unless the dick hides his real reason +M

Rex Feral

Prophet
Saw an alert.

Came here for an update.

Was dissapointed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom