Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Spiral

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Sure, why not? E>F. Still need more voters to resolve the tie, though.

Last edited:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

He can solve our problems in his own way, right, but what if he decides to stay? What if his goals and ours are mutually exclusive?
Oh, ffs. Nevill, there is a reason why out of your 7,276 posts, you have only received about 100 brofists, whereas I have received 10x that in less than half that amount of posts.

You lack balls. I have balls. And my balls are telling me G is the correct decision.

Don't argue with my balls, bro. You'll lose every time. :M

Nevill

Arcane
Oh, ffs. Nevill, there is a reason why out of your 7,276 posts, you have only received about 100 brofists
2500, actually. Unlike you, however, I have made personal sacrifices to curb the broflation perpetuated by nefarious schemers like ERYFKRAD.

You lack balls. I have balls.
What good are they if they are blue, though?

You lack dick. I have dick, that's why I don't have to compensate by being one. And my dick is telling me to go for the soft approach for maximum harem.

Don't argue with my dick, bro. You can't win. :M

my dick is telling me to go for the soft approach for maximum harem.
Um, when has that EVER worked? Ballsy, "MAXIMUM FUCK" decisions have always gotten us the poon. Every LP. every time. Shoving our finger in the gun for example got Maeda all hot and bothered. Now we just have to shove our head into a desk.

You don't go soft dick, bro. Hard dick is the only thing the chicks understand. (This discussion has descended rather quickly and it's mostly my fault, I admit.) :M

Last edited by a moderator:

Nevill

Arcane
Um, when has that EVER worked? Ballsy, "MAXIMUM FUCK" decisions have always gotten us the poon. Every LP. every time.
You go MAXIMUM FUCK to get the poon, but you need tact and diplomacy to keep it. Hareming isn't easy.

All those girls from Legend, and we only got to keep 3 of them. Learn from your mistakes, bro.

Shoving our finger in the gun for example got Maeda all hot and bothered. Now we just have to shove our head into a desk.
Come to think of it, it's been too long since we've heard from our inner Shino.
Oh, please talk about sticking things into holes a bit more.
I miss the creepy bastard. :(

You don't go soft dick, bro. Hard dick is the only thing the chicks love.
True, but in your case it isn't even your dick that you are trying to get hard. I didn't come all this way to hand all our women to Shinohara. That's some hardcore NTR you are arguing for.
(This discussion has descended rather quickly and it's mostly my fault, I admit.) :M
This discussion has transcended. :M

Nevill

Arcane
I don't suppose there is a way to transfer control that does not render us out of commission? A meditation or something?

I, too, am very curious about him. It's a shame we can talk to him when he is in control, but not the other way around.

So far he took over two times, and both times we were around. I wonder why us losing consciousness due to weakness does not affect him. You'd think if we share a body, we would both be unavailable if it is out cold.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I don't suppose there is a way to transfer control that does not render us out of commission? A meditation or something?

I, too, am very curious about him. It's a shame we can talk to him when he is in control, but not the other way around.

So far he took over two times, and both times we were around. I wonder why us losing consciousness due to weakness does not affect him. You'd think if we share a body, we would both be unavailable if it is out cold.

You can always call him out and take the opportunity to ask him these questions, if you're really that curious.

Jester

Arbiter
Experiments are usually done in a controlled environment. I bet this whole adventure started as an experiment gone awry (perhaps with our assistance).
Sometime controlled environment just don't cut it, but I hope we reach an agreement.
glados_vector_by_pixel5_exe-d4le9p5.png

Well, we have been able to take back control a short time afterward lately and even been able to time it in order to prevent him from killing Kayano.

Yes, mainly curiosity - but I am also curious at how he will see being GIVEN control, rather than having to take it like before...

Nevill

Arcane
Well, I think I should clarify my position then.

I do not oppose Seiji very much. In fact, I have him listed in the 'Experts' team, the ones who have the qualities to lead the rest in times of crisis, and the ones we should try to keep working together at all costs. It would be very unfortunate if we had to wrestle for control of our body in a critical moment, paralyzing us, and the same goes for the group as a whole.

I think that Seiji isn't as bad as Uehara thinks him to be, since half of her claims are bullshit that anyone with half of a functioning brain can see through. The other half might be true, and he seems to be quite an insufferable asshole, but, hey, we aren't everyone's darling, either.

I still have suspicions about his motives and stuff, but it seems like we are pursuing the same goal for now, and it is in our mutual interest to keep it that way. My concerns are about the implications his intervention will have on our team. Right now we have two weak links, who are vulnerable and emotionally unstable - Kozaka and Uehara. I am worried that Seiji might attempt to use their insecurities towards his own ends, and we will have to either play along or deal with the fallout. More than that, I would assume that Uehara would renew her attempts to murder us if she gets a confirmation that a man she hates - rationally or not - is with us. I do not know what her - or his - reaction would be.

Also, if it turns ugly with her, I can easily see a few of the Codexers dancing gleefully while crying 'I knew it all along!' and 'Down with the witch!', happily ignoring that they were the ones who provoked her in the first place. It's not like it never happened before *cough* with orthodox sects *cough*.

That there is no guarantee that we will be conscious during the transfer does not make it much better. Yes, it wasn't the case the last two times - but we didn't knock ourselves out then, either, and there was that time during the first night when we awoke with no memory of what we were doing.

There is little I want more than to reach some sort of an understanding with him, but currently it looks a lot like a praying choice, even though we have more leverage over him than we did the last two times we approached someone powerful. I want some failsafes to be in place. I don't want to risk a potential disaster for something as trivial as a teenage slapfight.

It is a matter of trust, I guess, and what we have heard of him does not sound very inspiring.

Last edited:

Kz3r0

Arcane
Guys, letting big btother handle pussy for us can be hardly called a manly behavior.

I still have suspicions about his motives and stuff, but it seems like we are pursuing the same goal for now, and it is in our mutual interest to keep it that way. My concerns are about the implications his intervention will have on our team. Right now we have two weak links, who are vulnerable and emotionally unstable - Kozaka and Uehara. I am worried that Seiji might attempt to use their insecurities towards his own ends, and we will have to either play along or deal with the fallout. More than that, I would assume that Uehara would renew her attempts to murder us if she gets a confirmation that a man she hates - rationally or not - is with us. I do not know what her - or his - reaction would be.
Yes, pretty much what I've thought of as well. I agree that he could do something like that. But I think D would probably end up similarly disastrously - we're not exactly a natural authority figure, now are we?

It's just that I can't see even Seji using the opportunity to go nuts and murder everyone - which would be necessary if he would even try to harm even one of them (given the love triangle). Doesn't seem his style. He's too pragmatic. Too purposeful. Maybe he'd try to manipulate everyone, or else ignore them and solve a problem we aren't aware of... Or maybe we completely misinterpreted his view of Uehara and he will try and lessen her mistrust somehow. Heck, he may even use his super-pimp skill to snag us a harem.

This is as close to a controlled environment as we are going to get right now. Maybe if we told Uehara about him later and had her tie us down, but there is no guarantee she wouldn't try to murder him once he was awake, given her belief that once we remember everything, murdering us will bring her sister back and end this.

This is probably our best and first opportunity to see what this guy is really like and to see whether or not we can work with him at all without putting everyone's lives at risk. This is also a great opportunity to extend an olive branch to the bro. Maybe he'll smack away our offer of peace, but maybe not. Thing is, even if he does, I'm betting he'll be too smart to let anything go down with Uehara right now and I think we'll be able to stop him like the last time even if he does. Only one way to find out.
Guys, letting big btother handle pussy for us can be hardly called a manly behavior.
This is more akin to getting drunk so you can talk to the girl you like. Risky, but definitely manly.

Nevill

Arcane
But I think D would probably end up similarly disastrously - we're not exactly a natural authority figure, now are we?
Yeah, it isn't ideal, though at least there is no uncertainty about what its downdises are.

It's just that I can't see even Seji using the opportunity to go nuts and murder everyone - which would be necessary if he would even try to harm even one of them (given the love triangle).
Kozaka has no one directly invested in his well-being and is suffering from a fatal affliction. He is an easy target for anyone willing to play him, much like Murano was for Kayano, or like Taketatsu was for the old man.

I don't really fear Seiji the murderer - his prey when we were in the room was limited to just Kayano - but the manipulator might be a problem, depending on his goals. If he drives a wedge between us and the group he might as well kill them, since they can't really defend themselves against the hospital.

Or maybe we completely misinterpreted his view of Uehara and he will try and lessen her mistrust somehow.
Yeah... you know, it would be much easier to lessen one's mistrust that is based on your murderous personality or rumors of thereof if you don't attempt to kill party members without explaining yourself.

Based on his actions regarding Kayano, I don't think Seiji has any fucks to give about what others think of his actions.

Maybe if we told Uehara about him later and had her tie us down, but there is no guarantee she wouldn't try to murder him once he was awake, given her belief that once we remember everything, murdering us will bring her sister back and end this.
I think she is over that belief, and besides, she wouldn't try to kill us - for those reasons - with other people watching. Remember, to sacrifice us one needs to cut our eyes, our tongue and drain our blood... not even Sakimura is going to stand and watch her do that. So as long as the others are around, it should keep us alive.

It is a tricky situation we found ourselves in, though. We don't trust our neighbour, but we also do not trust the others in our group enough to let them know about him.

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
Christ. F.

What, it doesn't help the deadlock? It's not my fault half the people are voting for "assertive authoritative spanker" option using a shy unpersuasive character.

Based on his actions regarding Kayano, I don't think Seiji has any fucks to give about what others think of his actions.
Bro, we have very little understanding of what is really going on here, Kayano's role in it, or the kind of threat she really poses. Seji flat out knows and made a judgement call. He even tried to warn us about the threat she posed, but we cut him off when we took back control.
“You’re an idiot. If she-“ The sentence is cut off as you finally regain full control.
He put eliminating her above impressing Uehara. So what? Maybe if we knew what he knew, we would have too.

My point is, we don't know what he knows and we don't understand his perspective or goals. This is an opportunity to find out more about them. Is it risky? You bet. But every decision we've made so far has had its risks.
Maybe if we told Uehara about him later and had her tie us down, but there is no guarantee she wouldn't try to murder him once he was awake, given her belief that once we remember everything, murdering us will bring her sister back and end this.
I think she is over that belief, and besides, she wouldn't try to kill us - for those reasons - with other people watching.
And what if she told them we were the one behind all of this it was the only way to get out? Both of those are true from her perspective. And I don't think she has necessarily lost that belief - we've given her no reason to doubt what the old man told her was true, she just doesn't think we remember everything. She is convinced of that much and while she doubts that our current incarnation is a bad guy, as she said, we've worn many a fool mask before. If we have to die to save her sister, so be it.

edit: and as a side note:
We haven't heard the BITCHBITCHKILLHER voice anymore... Could that rapist ghost have been a part of us that Ei drew out and now that he's gone, is the voice gone for good?

Nevill

Arcane
And what if she told them we were the one behind all of this it was the only way to get out?
Not even then. Thety are not so insane yet to act like that on a mere belief.

And I don't think she has necessarily lost that belief - we've given her no reason to doubt what the old man told her was true, she just doesn't think we remember everything.
There is this:
Though I'll point out that if she still didn't trust you, she'd not have let you out at all. I thought it was pretty clear that Uehara was working things out for herself in the background, ever since the staff room confrontation.
We gave her enough reason to believe that Shinoseki and Shinohara she heard about behave differently.

What we do might reassert her previous position, though.

If we have to die to save her sister, so be it.
Maybe. But I don't see the others agreeing to that easily, and definitely not after we have shown ourselves to be capable of protecting their safety. Keep in mind that she can't use mind control 10/10 tits to brush aside any objections, like Kayano did.

We haven't heard the BITCHBITCHKILLHER voice anymore... Could that rapist ghost have been a part of us that Ei drew out and now that he's gone, is the voice gone for good?
Don't think that was him. First, there was a choir of voices, it's not like we stopped hearing just one. Second, him and the ornery thought differently - one is a trigger-happy psycho madman and the other a cold calculating sadist.

I think there is something else going on, but not sure what exactly.

Last edited:

And I don't think she has necessarily lost that belief - we've given her no reason to doubt what the old man told her was true, she just doesn't think we remember everything.
There is this:
Though I'll point out that if she still didn't trust you, she'd not have let you out at all. I thought it was pretty clear that Uehara was working things out for herself in the background, ever since the staff room confrontation.
We gave her enough reason to believe that Shinoseki and Shinohara she heard about behave differently.
And? Again, the fact that she knows we behave differently only means she believes we're not him and if we're not him and don't remember, we're not worth killing - yet. Now if we straight up tell her we're going to become him and remember everything, then all bets are off and she might well try to off us again. She treats us differently now, just like she was kind to us before, felt sorry for us before when she took the charm etc., but until we give her a real reason to doubt the old man's words - ie, that killing us AFTER we remember EVERYTHING will get her her sister - I wouldn't trust her enough to flat out tell her about the other guy.

And yes, G could reveal him to her - maybe. But I'd like to think the other guy is at least smart enough not to go overboard for no reason. Again, it's an experiment and we can probably terminate it like before. TO me, it's worth the risk in order to get to know who the other guy is without being in a dangerous situation.

Edit: and at the risk of continuing yet another pointless theoretical argument: the others already were crazy enough to imprison indefinately the one guy capable of defending them. Killing us isn't so far off. We are a witch as far as they are concerned. Dangerous and strange. Human beings have not historically been tolerant of people who are different, even in the best of situations - and this is as far from the best of situations as you can get.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom