Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Spiral

Baltika9

Arcane
Still, a shame that the Ean-Sekhenun ship did not work out. I'm forever left to wonder what could have been.

GreyViper

Prophet
The whole thing with Kyrie was such a mess, that Im not sure if what happened wasn't the best outcome.
A maybe we can turn him into our zombie servant later.

Baltika9

Arcane
Nah, just wondering about the potential lulz and d'aww that hasn't been realized. But then again, I don't think there's anything closer than two individuals spending two thousand years mind-welded to one another. I'm kinda surprised they weren't finishing each other's sentences by the time Senya released them.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I am kinda surprised that after two thousand years she is still giving him an earful from time to time.
There is a loud crash from the hallways below as Erec drops the stuff he is carrying. For the first time, I’m treated to the sight of him cringing submissively as Sekhenun begins doling out the verbal abuse. I turn to the Tree-Emperor with a grin. “Does she do that with you?”

He gives me a piercing stare with his ageless eyes and replies, “If you’re going to start talking about that, you might want to know that I have heard plenty of stories about you and your princess.”

“Right, let’s not.”

“Agreed.”
Women. :roll:

It's a shame they didn't adopt Selkhet. Lots of unrealized d'aaaw potential there.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
I hope the protagonist will be another descendant of Ean. Our children offshoots will spread through the galaxies and transform countless worlds in the likeness of Holy Terra! :salute:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Gaiz, it's a bit shameful to admit this, but I've actually been stalled on the first paragraph for the past two days, unable to decide how the scene should play out.

As the others try to hold off the crazed Murano, you make your move. You bite into your thumb, breaking the skin, and draw the string that Amanozaki has offered right across the wound. The white silk soon turns red, soaked with your blood. “…May my offering please the Great Mother Izanagi. May my blood become the chains of the dead plains. Thus shall the eight myriad sinners be bound in the Great Mother’s womb to await rebirth…” When you complete the incantation, the red string begins to twist and turn upon itself, until it is less than a half its length but almost three times as thick. The shimenawa is ready.

But… how do I best use it? As a cordon? By getting in close and tying Murano up? The former is safer; the latter more efficient...

Give me your suggestions and I should be able to proceed with the rest tomorrow.

Nevill

Arcane
It's the first time we are using the spell. How does it work? Is it anything like the spiritual barrier that is formed at will and then modified as we see fit?

Ideally I would prefer to draw a circle around Murano to prevent him from harming the others and then gradually tighten it into a 'knot' around him until he can't move to prevent him from harming himself. But I do not know the risks involved.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
If the issue is Adachi's inability to decide, then put him in a situation where he has to make a call.
If this is a vote, then I vote for tying him up.

Nevill

Arcane
Also, why not use one string to form a 'cordon' he can't pass through and then use another to wrap him up from behind the safety of the cordon? :M

Is there a limit on the spells or the numbers of strings we can use?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
There's only one long string, which has been formed into a rope. You can't make more without first setting this one. Also, it works against people too, so once you set it you can't pass through it yourself unless you break the rope, which can't be reused.

Nevill

Arcane
When words fail me, I use Paint Skillz.

image.jpg

I know this is me wanting to have a cake and eat it, but is there anything preventing this from happening? People can't pass through the barrier, but other strings can.

Theoretically, the first barrier is there only to guarantee a 100% hazard safety, one could probably do without it.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Uehara? Why not? She already has 100 nights worth of experience dodging the stuff that the hospital throws at her, plus she should understand what we are aiming for and how it works given her miko background.

Also, there is this.
It is only some strange instinct that prompts you into a swift chase before the others can even react. Still, Uehara is fast. You see her push open the door to the locker room, leaving it swinging freely in her wake – she has entered the gymnasium – and you barge past it, trying to catch up.
She looks quite athletic to be able to dart like this.

I just think it is time for us to see some synchronized Yunzi action teamwork for once. Since she let us out and decided to trust us for a time being.

Nevill

Arcane
Yeah, besides, Ei is right: what kind of attitude ‘Take care of this thing’ is? :cool:

You are in the same boat with us, princess. Now row! :incline:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Make a lasso and rope 'im like a squealing pig while shouting, "YEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAW!". :kwafuckyeah:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom