Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive [LP CYOA] Overlord

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You were a master puppy smuggler back in school. Two scrawny human kids are manageable. :M

Absinthe

Arcane
A vote for B is a vote to have the prince replace Rin. Lets not convince Rin this is the kind of trade we prefer, shall we?

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Honestly there is no good choice here to regarding Ring.
We either get wedding Rin or we do love-love combo attack with Prince or In worst case scenario she thinks we are seducing the prince with our awe inspiring magic.

Gentlemen, pick your poison because you have excactly three options:
-The ring engagement.
- Combination love attack
- Shirtless magic casting
OR
Showing off casting similiar to how male birds show their colourful feather to female birds.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Honestly there is no good choice here to regarding Ring.
Well, we can take baths together now that she thinks we can't possibly be interested in her body.

And I think now she should have no problem with feeling up our soft and fluffy wings, er, wing. Naturally, we will return the favor and ask to touch her tail - out of pure scientific curiosity, of course. The misunderstanding significantly amplifies our perving capabilities. :obviously:

Baby steps. Always look at the positive side.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Exactly.

Relax guys, girls think this sort of thing in anime all the time and it's usually not a problem. The only thing that ever sways them from thinking you're a homo is to reveal that the guy they thing you are interested in is actually a girl. Even if you don't tho, it's perfectly possible to ignore it.

lightbane

Arcane
Well, we can take baths together now that she thinks we can't possibly be interested in her body.

And I think now she should have no problem with feeling up our soft and fluffy wings, er, wing. Naturally, we will return the favor and ask to touch her tail - out of pure scientific curiosity, of course. The misunderstanding significantly amplifies our perving capabilities. :obviously:

Baby steps. Always look at the positive side.

I don't think she's that gullible. Remember that thing she said about "no woman should touch you ever", so it's doubtful her opinion about us changed so fast. Still, it (probably) won't hurt to try. Also, just her tail, you say? If she touches our wings, it is only fair to do the same with hers, no?+M

Anyway, first thing first, the battle must be finished and the spoils of war taken. Hopefully the surviving villagers are grateful enough to make newer and more fashionable clothes for us (including a mask and/or a fancy hat). Or at least something better than a re-purposed cloak.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Relax guys, girls think this sort of thing in anime all the time and it's usually not a problem.
It is all about maintaining plausible deniability when they jump in the same bed with a guy convincing themselves that it does not mean anything. :M

Speaking of which, Rin's outstanding mental capabilities would probably allow her to convince herself that it doesn't, even three months into marital life. :lol:

Remember that thing she said about "no woman should touch you ever", so it's doubtful her opinion about us changed so fast.
That was before she made her brilliant deduction and was granted insight into our character. Now she is openly sympathetic to our tragic plight and would probably be all too willing to provide valuable relationship advice she must have read in one of her books.

She wants to be competent at something, anything, even if it is psychoanalysis! :lol:

So naturally she will help us work out our issues with a great deal of patience and understanding. :M

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Speaking of which, Rin's outstanding mental capabilities would probably allow her to convince herself that it doesn't, even three months into marital life. :lol:
Doubtless even 30 years in she will still shake her head every time we say we're going out with the boys. "I know, dear. I know" *tsk tsk*

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Magic Canceller

“It seems to me that the mission is already accomplished, Farland.” You point at the open plains ahead. “Time for you and your men to get out with your lives.”

“But-“

“I can’t guarantee your safety if you stay.”

The prince slowly nods. “I understand. Here, take this.” He tosses you a ring. It is gold, shiny, and the emblem of the Methussian lion is expertly engraved onto the bezel. Probably worth a fair bit if you were to sell it.

“Milord, are you sure?” asks the adjutant, worried that her prince would give away an important item so easily. He nods, dismissing her concerns with a wave of his hand.

“When you get to Yuiria, just show that ring to the guards and tell them… wait, I still do not have your name, do I?”

“The man from Erise will do. I shall make my proper introductions at a later time,” you reply. You just haven’t figured out whether you should use your real name or make one up at this point. You do not have the time either.

Farland sighs. “Very well. I will inform the guards to be expecting your arrival. Good fortune to you, sir mage! Let us meet again in the capital!” Turning his horse around, he gallops away. Some of his knights salute you before following after him.

You do not respond to them, instead opting to send out a firebolt at the chanting mages. It explodes harmlessly against a previously unnoticed barrier. Now that Farland has retreated, the warriors guarding the mages suddenly take on a much more alert stance. They are skilled, more skilled than normal, perhaps even a match for the prince and his knights in close combat. Were they feinting to lure him in, perhaps?

Regardless, you would need something stronger to break that barrier, and there is no time to test each of your spells against it. Come forth, divine spear that impales the skies; none shall withstand its strike. “Spell Maximize. Lightning Spear.” A powerful torrent of magic takes shape in your hand, elongating into a sapphire lance of pure electrical energy. Golden arcs of lightning stream out from it continuously, scorching the air.

Behind you, you hear the twins let out a gasp of awe. Well, it is rather impressive, you must admit. If this doesn’t work, you will have to use Gigadyne, but you do not think it will come to that. Taking aim, you hurl the lightning spear like a javelin. It flies straight and true, roaring through the air as it leaves an incandescent glow in its wake.

Suddenly, the female commander darts out in front of her men, leaving the protection of the barrier. Has she realized that it is futile, and attempting to run? No. She is facing the spear head on. There is a gadget in her hands, that she points at the oncoming spell. A strange cylinder with a handle. It is too far for you to make out what it is, though. No matter. Such a puny object should not be able to stop your mighty spear from penetrating its target!

There is a blinding flash of light, followed by an explosion. Something magical had happened, something reacting to your spell. As the dust clears, you can see that the mages and their guards remain unharmed. The commander, however, is not so lucky. She is flat on the ground, and she is still alive. But her right arm has been all but destroyed, with scraps of flesh and bone hanging from her elbow. She writhes in agony. Her men dash forward, fending off your incoming wolves as they make a protective circle around her. Now that her helmet has been blown off, you can tell that she doesn’t look half bad. Perhaps you should take down the mages first, then offer her some aid.

If the commander had to run out in front to intercept your attack at the cost of her arm, you are quite certain that a second spear would destroy the enemy mages. You prepare to cast the spell again, holding out your hand-

As one, the mages slam their staves onto the ground. Instantly, a giant circle of pure, white light forms, its interior filled with ever smaller concentric circles of complex magical patterns. The magic circle widens and expands rapidly, faster than you can move. And instantly, you understand what they were attempting. The mana you had been gathering in your palm fizzles out. The summoned wolves under your command are dispelled in a burst of static. Your magical protections wither away. Aria calls out to you, but you no longer understand what she is saying. All of the magic in the area has been cancelled for the time being; you will no longer be able to cast any more spells as long as you remain within the magic circle’s area of effect. Now, the enemy is charging towards you.

They probably decided that since you appeared to be undefeatable in a contest of magic, they would take spells out of the equation for both sides. After all, a strange hooded mage on a rock and two kids on one hand, and seventy trained soldiers on the other: once he could not use magic, they would be easy prey, wouldn’t they?

The first horseman arrives ahead of his fellows, eager to start the fight. He shouts at you in his foreign language, brandishing his sword threateningly. As he babbles on, you think. There was this move that Mieren used when dealing with enemies on horseback. Unarmed and unspelled, it is probably worth a try. Take a high acrobatic leap at the man. Soar over him upside down, grab the top of his head, twist, and slam him to the ground, taking him off his horse in a single move... and in the process you find that you have accidentally broken his neck.

“Dammit.” Rin’s habits better not be rubbing off on you. Speaking of Rin… she is still nowhere to be seen, and you are getting a weird feeling about the situation. Even so, there is nothing you can do about it at the moment. Not until you lose or defeat the enemies in front of you.

Quickly, you toss the fallen soldier’s sword behind you, as well as his dagger. They land in the grass, in front of the twins. Looking over your back, you nod at the weapons. Something to defend themselves with. They understand without having to say a word. Aria takes up the sword, nervous yet excited, while Arlin reluctantly picks up the dagger. The man’s comrades are coming. They are not arriving all at once; their former discipline has wavered, perhaps thinking that they have already won. As there are about seventy or so of them left, maybe more, you cannot fault them for thinking that. At any rate, as long as they are focused on you and not the escaping prince, your job is done.

A. Break past the enemy’s charge and head for where the mages were. Perhaps you can still catch up with the wounded commander and give her some much-needed first aid, since she is in particularly bad shape.

B. Slow down the pace and use this as a teaching moment for the twins. They should get some kills to boost their confidence, and it will be a good opportunity to see what they are made of and how they can be of use to you.

C. Retreat out of the large scale magic circle. It is quite a distance to run; practically all the way back into the woods and beyond, but once you are clear, you doubt they will follow in fear of your spells.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
I do not understand the first choice. What exactly are we trying to achieve here by catching up to the commander?

Are we taking on 70 men with any of the fighting choices? How good are these riders at melee combat? What about the arrows? We don't have armor, do we?

I don't suppose we can borrow a horse from the rider we've just killed?

Now that Farland has retreated, the warriors guarding the mages suddenly take on a much more alert stance. They are skilled, more skilled than normal, perhaps even a match for the prince and his knights in close combat. Were they feinting to lure him in, perhaps?
Hmm. We are dealing with a cunning tactician here. Don't know if that's a woman commander of someone else who've come up with this plan, but I hope we can capture and convince them to work for us.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I do not understand the first choice. What exactly are we trying to achieve here by catching up to the commander?

If you want to catch her, you need to chase her.

Are we taking on 70 men with any of the fighting choices? How good are these riders at melee combat? What about the arrows? We don't have armor, do we?

You can swat arrows out of the sky. Besides, a few pricks won't kill you.

Nevill

Arcane
I suppose one might decide to trust Rin on this, and stand and fight, waiting for her to arrive. She has sworn to protect us, and that should take precedence over any of the stupid ideas she might have. I don't think she is in trouble, I am guessing she thought we can take care of this ourselves and took a walk.

Or a nap, in which case we might be in trouble.

I am expecting the enemy to take us captive if we lose. Don't know if they would still keep the kids, though. Also, we can't communicate with them if the barrier is intact, and they aren't dismissing it out of fear of our spells.

Double so if we "rescue" her.
I am not sure how much of it would be rescuing and how much it would be 'taking a commander hostage'.
Her men dash forward, fending off your incoming wolves as they make a protective circle around her.
Her men are very protective of her.

I'd expect A to turn out into a hostage exchange situation where they grab a hold of the kids and we take the commander. That is if we break through who knows how many well-trained warriors... :roll:

You can swat arrows out of the sky. Besides, a few pricks won't kill you.
That badass, huh? And after losing all of our fighting techniques, too... Ok, we might be able to do this. :)

Capture the flag! A! Once the commander is in our hands we'll see what we can do about the rest of them.

It might be a blessing that the Prince has left and can't go WTF about our actions.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I'll point out that A definitely means leaving the twins behind, so it's up to you whether you think it's worth it.

Nevill

Arcane
I thought they would be more inclined to capture them, seeing as they are just kids (easy targets) and our companions (to have a leverage over us, if nothing else).

Fine. Let's make it into a Zhang Jue lesson with B.

Honestly, I am not against packing up and leaving either, at this point.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Maybe, maybe not. I suppose the man could have been telling you to surrender before you broke his neck. :M

Esquilax

Arcane
Though I suppose that charging past a barrier of seventy or so trained soldiers to molest a woman is perversion befitting our protagonist, it doesn't seem very smart considering the lack of magic. And, well, our job is done here, of course, so there isn't much need to stick around. In moments like this, when we are uncertain about what to do, we must ask ourselves, "What Would Zhang Jue Do?" The answer is clear.

B

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The twins need to learn to either swim or sink. There's a hot woman sighted. And yes, our stats are that much better than ordinary humans that I don't think we're in serious danger, unless we get embroiled in a boss-fight. And I see the crippled commander as the current boss on the field, and we probably wont get a much better chance to catch her than now, seeing as she lacks her right arm.

Really, if the twins need baby-sitting all the time, then they're not worth our attention. Now, a hot female commander on the other hand..

Nevill

Arcane
Really, if the twins need baby-sitting all the time, then they're not worth our attention.
Master Zhang never was one for baby-sitting, yet he still took time to instruct us to fend the Castration Squad off as our first test.

Do you doubt His wisdom?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom