Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive [LP CYOA] Overlord

Tigranes

Arcane
A.

There are many stupid people seemingly intent on grimdark for the sake of it, Dragon Age 2 style.

That said, the big worry for me is that "putting body and life on the line" in A is going to lead to some... painful results.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

It would be extremely painful to have that halo shoved up your ass. :M
Looks like we're going to get a chance to use another healing potion. It's Diablo references either way, it seems. :M

You had to use your imagination:

Angelic Halo
Ring Clvl 12 required
Replenish Life +6

but I was referring to the potion

FrankHamilton

Educated
I propose a more long-term solution. After the fight if Rin is still alive and we're still capable I propose we reprimand her somehow. We should've already bitchslapped her the moment she fucked up the torture scene. She's a spoiled princess who does not understand that we are not her daddy. She is slowly turning out to be more trouble than she's worth.

We don't need to beat her up and I kind of doubt that doubt affect her much anyway, but for fuck's sake she needs to understand that we are all she's got right now. Possibly only friend she will ever have. She needs to make a fucking effort. If not by being more competent then at least by not being such an entitled bitch and questioning our every decision. This should also serve as an example to the twins. (And it should cause more tsundere romances, which will make us faggots happier)

To be a proper Overlord we need love and fear. We seem to be really good at the love part. Almost Jesus level. But we suck at the fear part. That's what everyone's complaining about.Not that there's too much love, just that there's too little fear.

I don't feel it would be all that out of character. We already know he has a Machiavellian streak and we know he has a frenzy anger impulse. He has also been shown to indulge in impulses when it does not prove detrimental.

Treave himself didn't really give us many options to micromanage our relationships, which I don't mind. But I think in this kind of LP we need more detail in how we treat our minions once in a while. Many here have made comments about being soft on waifus, well let them vote on how we treat them.

TL;DR Violence against women is always the answer.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
To be a proper Overlord we need love and fear.
I was thinking about Erdrick being more about love, and Rin being more about fear, while ruling as a pair. After all, they are our ultimate Overlord duo, and they are partners in the whole enterprise.

That way we reap all of the worship, and she gets to do the less pleasant stuff. Well, less pleasant for whoever crosses us, she seems to be alright with it.

However they handle their relationship between themselves, it's their business, and it is ultimately irrelevant to me. There is romance, and there is Empire management, and I'd rather not mix the two.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Sounds like an interesting exercise in putting the blame on other people for your own tactical mistakes. Well, that's also a fine tradition for any aspiring overlord, so it's okay. :M

Esquilax

Arcane
Gosh, I wonder who could have said that?

:hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm:

I posted that in October 31, 2012. Gee Lambchop, who would have thought that I could have changed my mind over the last three years once it became clear that we were always going with heroes?

lightbane

Arcane
Before doing anything with Rin, first we have to be sure we're left with enough organs and functional limbs after she calms down. At worst case scenario, we won't be able to bitchslap her at all due lack of arms (and wings). Hopefully though Erd won't suffer too many long-lasting injuries (or at least, ones that aren't too severe). :M

Elfberserker

Liturgist
I think Flop to B
It might not be smartest choice, but I kind a want to see how people react to this evil overlord stuff. Besides traveling chaotic evil berserker merchant wizard with a cow does have its own strange charm.

" Sale! A Sale! Milk only 5 copper pieces!!!"
" ah good merchant, I might buy a jug of milk with 3 copper pieces"
"T-three? ARRRRRRRGH; RIP, TEAR AND MOTHERFUCKING LIGHTING SPEAR!!!!!!!"
Thus conclude our tale of bloody end of random village by Winged milk peddler.

FrankHamilton

Educated
I was thinking about Erdrick being more about love, and Rin being more about fear, while ruling as a pair. After all, they are our ultimate Overlord duo, and they are partners in the whole enterprize.

That way we reap all of the worship, and she gets to do the less pleasant stuff. Well, less pleasant for whoever crosses us, she seems to be alright with it.

This is why she thinks we're gay!

Anyway, how exactly are we partners? We beat her up, won her hand in marriage from her dad. Ate her dad, gained his powers, beat her up again. Became messiah of the goblin people, made most of decisions, ordered her around whenever we wanted. And now we have the choice of killing her and stealing her powers. And despite not wanting to kill her, we're a bit conflicted about it.

About her doing the unpleasant stuff, she sucks at it. She thinks the goblins are cute, sucks at torture, doesn't like talking to humans, thinks us being gay is cute. Just cause she's a callous, doesn't mean she's a good overlady. I'm willing to treat her as an equal when she becomes our equal. And I don't mean in terms of power, but in the sense of trusting her judgement. Do you trust her right now? If so, why? Her main contribution so far has been her axe and being able to speak to goblins. I'm actually thinking Aria is a more worthy candidate as an Overlady.

However they handle their relationship between themselves, it's their business, and it is ultimately irrelevant to me. There is romance, and there is Empire management, and I'd rather not mix the two.

She's our main general, army, marital tie to the demon legion and translator. She is the empire. Wether we want to fuck her or not is irrelevant.
If it is irrelevant to you, why do you seem opposed to it?
Sounds like an interesting exercise in putting the blame on other people for your own tactical mistakes. Well, that's also a fine tradition for any aspiring overlord, so it's okay. :M

We'll try not to abuse our powers. (lol)

Bibbimbop

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
I was thinking about Erdrick being more about love, and Rin being more about fear, while ruling as a pair. After all, they are our ultimate Overlord duo, and they are partners in the whole enterprize.

"Overlord duo" never happens in any realistic view of history and human relationships. It's not an equilibrium state.

There is but one sun in the sky. Whenever a duovirate or triumvirate was tried in a place like the Roman East/West split, it led to fractious infighting that doomed the enterprise. Or in the case of the Frankish King/Mayor of the Palace split where the more ceremonial kings got all the girls and treasures while the Mayor of the Palace actually got the dirty jobs of cracking skulls, it strangely ended with the Carolingian dynasty replacing the Merovingian dynasty as actual rulers in name and deed both.

I realise that the Dex is going to have a lot of autism that deals poorly with change and wants to view all relationships as stable and unending, but a duovir situation like Rin and Erdrick is really precarious and you already had her subtly testing that dynamic with her "misrepresentations" to the goblins about who was the real mover and shaker in the duo. She is not a pussycat, and you view that relationship as stable and symbiotic (in which your half is the easy parts) at your own peril.

Nevill

Arcane
Anyway, how exactly are we partners? We beat her up, won her hand in marriage from her dad.
We beat her, right. We didn't win her hand, as the marriage deal didn't go through.

Ate her dad, gained his powers, beat her up again.
Wrong. That fight was inconclusive, and she is still stronger than us. We sort of reconciled since we don't have much reason to be at each other's throat.

Became messiah of the goblin people, made most of decisions, ordered her around whenever we wanted.
She offered us partnership, and we accepted the terms. Our goblins and our decisions concern her only as far as she is our partner. They are not hers, and therefore they are not her problem.

We do not have the authority to command her, either. She is not exactly our minion.

She made the pact because she wants something from us, and we agreed because... well, because why wouldn't we? She is strong, she is pretty, and she is good company. With her around, we are twice as powerful.

About her doing the unpleasant stuff, she sucks at it.
I don't think the Barzamites agree. She could use more finesse, but as an enforcer she is alright.

And I don't mean in terms of power, but in the sense of trusting her judgement. Do you trust her right now? If so, why?
Yes. Because she didn't give me a reason not to and because we have what she wants.

She swore an oath to help us, and so far she has been true to her word. Just use her to her strengths and don't send her on diplomatic missions. That's what we are for.

She's our main general, army, marital tie to the demon legion and translator. She is the empire. Wether we want to fuck her or not is irrelevant.
If it is irrelevant to you, why do you seem opposed to it?
Opposed to what? She is our Empire, yes - or rather, she is a foundation of it no less than we are. It would be stupid to antagonize her.

Last edited:

FrankHamilton

Educated
We're not antagonizing her, but she's fucking up a lot and we're the only ones who are dealing with the consequences. The only negative impact of her fucking up is her getting embarrassed. We are being too fucking nice.

She swore an oath to help us? So far, every time we have been in actual danger it has been because of her. She is perfectly willing to question our abilities and to push us around, but when I suggest we do the same (with us actually being justified) you say you don't want to be mean to her. She's a big girl. She can take a bit of constructive criticism, it will help our relationship. We need to stop being a doormat, please. Just because we're an angel doesn't mean we need to sign up for martyrdom.

She's under a powerful mind control spell. The one who screwed up was us in sending her off on her own so we could impress the prince.

We have two choices here. In one, we try to snap her out of the spell. In the other we give in to our instincts and fight her until she is either dead or too injured to move. Given the fact that she is mind controled, the caster would probably have her fight to the death and even if they didn't, the instincts we are choosing to give in to are the instincts of an abominable killing machine.

Also, from treave's comments our instincts sound like they will overwhelm us and permanently change our personality due to our becoming an angel only recently.

I posted that in October 31, 2012. Gee Lambchop, who would have thought that I could have changed my mind over the last three years once it became clear that we were always going with heroes?
Sure, you say that now. I'll remind you in a few updates when you start voting goody goody again.

Nevill

Arcane
Nah. I just wanted to remind you she is a partner and unlike Aria, Runde or Lucy you do not own her and can't order her around. Can't force her to do anything, either - probably the only reason we can kill her here is because she is wounded and is not thinking straight.

By the way, that's because she bit the bullet on our behalf. Could be us who got mind-controlled. Makes one think if Methuss didn't get their angel the same way.

If you still want to set things straight between the two of you, be my guest.

Esquilax

Arcane
Sure, you say that now. I'll remind you in a few updates when you start voting goody goody again.

Lambchop I don't owe it to you to stay fully "evil" in my choices, and this attitude is exactly what Baltika was referring to earlier. What, you're going to hold it over my head that I wanted to take the character in a different direction? So what? This is petty.

And besides, as I mentioned earlier I had wanted to take the character in a darker direction. As it stands, we're going the hero route (again) where we'll be a benevolent type who won't betray his close pals ever and is generally a decent guy. Sure, we had that betrayal in the prologue, but I doubt we'll ever do something like that again.

Things didn't go my way, and if we stick to a more benevolent overlord, I'm happy to vote accordingly, but I don't see why you have to hold it over my head that I wanted to try something different in the beginning stages of the LP, where our character is malleable. What am I going to do, try and justify posts I made 3 years ago? Fuck that.

FrankHamilton

Educated
She's under a powerful mind control spell. The one who screwed up was us in sending her off on her own so we could impress the prince.
I don't think it is unreasonable to expect our right hand woman to handle skirmishes by herself. It's true that the reasoning was pretty retarded, but to not only fail to your mission but get mind controlled by the enemy. That's not a failure, that's a critical disaster.

What should we do from now on? Never let her out of our sight lest she get mind raped? ... That's not rhetorical. Should we trust her competence? I'm genuinely not sure anymore. I ask this because we need to decide now what we want to do with her if she's alive. If we want to just use her as a personal bodyguard and never let her out of our sight. I'd be okay with that. Or should we give her the benefit of a doubt and assume this was a fluke.

At the very least I think we should use this whole thing as leverage to increase her loyalty, that is of course if we actually live through this whole thing.

Edit: How do we know she's being mind controlled, actually? Could she not also have a frenzy instinct similar to us?

FrankHamilton

Educated
Rinnefiela Kimaris
Lv. 35 Demon Princess
Vitality: A
Mana: C
Physical Attack: C+++ (B+)
Physical Defense: B+ (B+++)
Magical Attack: E (E+)
Magical Defense: B (B+)
Agility: C+++ (B+)
Charisma: B

I'm pretty sure she's not mind controlled actually.

Nevill

Arcane
Edit: How do we know she's being mind controlled, actually? Could she not also have a frenzy instinct similar to us?
The lack of enemy corpses and her wound.

She ran into something nasty and behaves unnaturally after that. What do you think this is?

Her magical defence score is more reason to be very, very careful in future skirmishes, as whatever that is, it seems to be able to overcome or bypass our defences.

It would not be the first magical (?) effect that can do so. Dimensional Rift could, too.

Rex Feral

Prophet
Maybe she's mind controled by an A class Spell.

Anyhow if she's mind controled I more interested in who's pulling the strings.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Even with that high magical defence, I wouldn't write out mind control spell. We have seen that mages around here can pool their power together for stronger spell and they have odd tools such as that magic cylinder handle thing.
Then again there is no evidence against or for, if she is berserk state or mindcontrolled...OR maybe I am just too stupid to see it.

We have to keep in mind, while we are quiete powerful, there are probably more powerful people around....Well most likely.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom