Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive [LP CYOA] Overlord

Baltika9

Arcane
I regret nothing.

Baltika9

Arcane
monogamously chaste for the next 100 pages
Depends on how much butthurt we generate.
Strength and cruelty are respected. Showing that there are few limits on our inhumanity causes a fear to resist. Kindness is eventually taken for granted and abused. Who wants to unite anyone behind us, if we become a meek political bitch serving their tired "good guys persecuted us so evil is good and good is evil" cause. Let them run before us, driven by dread of failing us.
I don't think it will work that way with every race and species out there. Goblins are meek and subservient (also, bald orlans), but that doesn't mean beastmen or slime people will be that way.
Even from our interactions with Rin and get father, we can see that demons are way more than 'lol evulz.' They place great emphasis on tradition, loyalty and family, while having total disdain for humans, likely because of bad blood. And I can't see Erdric being a Ghengis Khan and leading through the absolute, pants-shitting terror he inspires.

Baltika9

Arcane
There is no way our haircut can compare to that of The Donald. We can't be like him, man. Just accept it.
But seriously, being a brutal, take no shit warlord isn't the only way to be an Overlord, though the most popular one, and I don't see us that way at all.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
However, the story thus far under-delivers on the Overlord aspect.
That's because he is not an 'Overlord'. He is still the same Erdrick put into some unfortunate circumstances, like being turned into a non-human and seeing what his righteous crusade looks like from the other side.

Even from our interactions with Rin and get father, we can see that demons are way more than 'lol evulz.'
Exactly. Being an Overlord is something more than being some dude born with horns growing out of his helmet. They have a motive and a reason for becoming what they have become, not because one day they woke up and decided that they want to crank EVULZ up to 11. If we ever get to a place where we casually torture people because we like it, I'd rather it have more justification than 'but all the cool kids are doing it'!

Certainly he may be viewed by whoever crosses his path as an avatar or death, destruction, and fair maiden seduction sent by Hell itself to plague the Universe, but in fact he is just another dude who got where he is by his own choices. There may be no 'Overlords' in a sense that you attribute to the word, some inherintly malign beings who simply have to have a certain code of villainy in order to be considered one (going by your words of 'under-delivery').

Can we agree that Erdrick participates directly in the torture in some capacity to explore his new feelings of bloodlust?
I am not very interested in it, just as I would not be interested in exploring our Shinji-sexual nature if we ever come to discover it.

The character is libidinous and lazy, so the argument that he's good at suppressing his new desires is a non-starter.
But this has nothing to do with his established set of desires and his libido. This is developing a new vice, and the one I find distasteful and unnecessary. A hedonist might have indulged in it more willingly, but I don't see Erdrick doing it just to try out a new sensation.

If we are forced into doing bloody acts over and over again I can see him gradually coming to enjoy it, but plunging into a bloody chaos of his own volition? Nah. The slaughter of formerly fellow humans still bothers us.

I do not want to hurry and get rid of what is left of our humanity, because for me that is what makes the character compelling.

He does not do self-restraint by definition, as that would be spiritual and effortful.
Self-restraint is the act of not doing something. I think you are twisting a few definitions here. :M

so can we agree that he makes a beeline to the nearest human village soon with his gobbo minions and enslaves some human girls to pleasure him?
I don't know. Why did he never do that when he was a hero, or an academy student? What has changed?

Surely, he is not being imagined as the world's greatest womanizer who just happens to be monogamously chaste for the next 100 pages
I don't see why not. Being a womanizer is his self-image, after all. :lol:

Oh, and 100 pages is way too optimistic. The most pimp protagonist we played, Man Tiger Pig, went for longer than that. Young people just have no stamina nowadays. :mad:

Me, I find the idea of your average pervert student suddenly finding himself on Sauron throne and having to manage Mordor with his old sensibilities much more hilarious and engaging than a hero turning into your stock mongolian warlord the moment all inhibitors were removed. If that was what he secretly wanted all along, why did he choose a career of a scholar and not of a bandit or mercenary?

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Including, uh, dying in his mortal form... and, uh, eating the heart of a world-conquering demon lord... and, uh, having explicit feelings of excitement at blood and killing.
It did result in us growing an extra pair of limbs and developing some strange urges, yes. But we didn't instantly lose a sense of self.

What exactly has changed in our personality to turn a self-styled womanizer into a rapist? :?

Regardless, anal rape and skull-fucking is no longer on the table. That was an indiscretion borne of boredom on my part. I have since retracted it as being somewhat gauche.
I see that it is still on the table:
can we agree that he makes a beeline to the nearest human village soon with his gobbo minions and enslaves some human girls to pleasure him?
:M:lol:

I can see him taking girl hostages and forcing them to do a massage or some equally innocuous and perverted thing, but forcing himself on them would be an admission that he just can't attract women the old-fashioned way. For someone who fancies himself as a womanizer that would be worse than admitting one's impotence.

There is also that part about maintaining the loyalty of his subjects through force being a bother, which I mentioned earlier. He'd rather have people worship and follow him of their own volition.

Last edited:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Fuck the bat bitch atop a cadaver. There is no other way to approach this situation in-character.
That's just vanilla rape in the vag. No big deal.
221.gif

Nevill

Arcane
Lambchop, of all people, posting a pic of a guy slowly backing out tells you more about this conversation than you ever needed to know.

Achievement unlocked. :salute:

lightbane

Arcane
Good morning people! Let's see what we got here...

:what:

Well, that was a thing. Also, in case you people have forgotten, Erdrick didn't give a healing potion to a dying goblin in an act of kindness, but just to see what would happen, because whatever the result would be, it also could happen to him.

Esquilax

Arcane
Well, that was a thing. Also, in case you people have forgotten, Erdrick didn't give a healing potion to a dying goblin in an act of kindness, but just to see what would happen, because whatever the result would be, it also could happen to him.

Yeah, basically, when we were voting our rationale in giving the goblin a healing potion was partially for experimentation, and partially out of doing what a good leader does. The Minotaur that ruled over them did it entirely through fear, and they were pretty happy to see him gone once we came along. We might be an Overlord, but you can't be too much of a cunt to your underlings or they will rebel against you. Someone mentioned Genghis Khan earlier; well, even Genghis knew that it was wise to reward merit. I just think that this over-the-top cartoon villain idea is silly, one-dimensional and would get boring fast.

Nevill

Arcane
Erdrick didn't give a healing potion to a dying goblin in an act of kindness
I would see no problem even if he did. The gobbos are our only allies for a moment, and you should stick by the people who support you if you want to get anywhere. Those who suffer from a chronic backstabbing disorder rarely find success, as we might have learned all too well.

These particular followers will worship us even if we fried them in droves like the Minotaur did, but if our fledgling Empire grows beyond one species, it would help us keep it under control if its people saw us as a benevolent dictator even as the rest of the world thinks us an abomination. And if we need to show an iron fist beneath the velvet glove, there is always Rin. A laid back and forgiving leader, and a ruthless and merciless Gestapo-wannabe would be the most effective way to run the joint. People would praise one and fear the other, a perfect combination of sticks and carrots if there was one.

Our own motivation was kept ambiguos so that people of different views would have a reason to vote for the option. It could be about experimenting, or it could be about rewarding good work, or it could be about maintaining our deity status among the gobbos, or it could be about indebting our apprentice to us (something tells me that appointing him as a governor and taking his love rival away might result in some changes in his societal and marital status soon) - and I have no issue with any of those.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Someone mentioned Genghis Khan earlier; well, even Genghis knew that it was wise to reward merit.
Exactly. I bet it's been a while since all of those exiles in the East had a worthwhile leader. While we are nothing like that man, there are still things we can learn from him.
Management-Secrest-of-Genghis-Khan.jpg

Kayerts

Arcane
guys what if instead of being a seraphic lord we rerolled as a Rape Lord whose special ability was rape

Kz3r0

Arcane
even Genghis knew that it was wise to reward merit. I just think that this over-the-top cartoon villain idea is silly, one-dimensional and would get boring fast.
Actually Genghis Khan was very kind to its own people and always followed their customs, Mongol crimes while obscene were aimed at non-Mongols, their leader treating them the same as their enemies was unthinkable.

Baltika9

Arcane
His wife, Borte, also adopted children from rival clans to smooth over tensions. Something to think about with Rin.

Kz3r0

Arcane
His wife, Borte, also adopted children from rival clans to smooth over tensions. Something to think about with Rin.
I am more interested in all the daughters of other chieftains he married to consolidate alliances and sign peace treaties.
Harem building is our top priority after all.

Nevill

Arcane
There is nothing to think about. We will do it the Ean way:
Nabuchasar and Akilhotep both passed within a year of each other. To the thrones came their children, Nabuchasar’s eldest, Nabukudzur, and Akilhotep’s youngest, Akilptah. They had barely begun settling on their thrones when they came to you with a proposal: a palace and capital befitting your status, and consorts from each kingdom to warm your bed. Of course, you could already knew that Nabukudzur was the brains behind this idea, and he just wanted a find a way to get you out of his palace, where you had been staying for many, many decades. You decided to call up a meeting of the kings and queen of the empire to discuss the issue. Athena seemed indifferent to the idea, but reminded you quietly that unless you had a taste for the terror twins, the only one she could offer as a consort was Artemis, and Artemis had pledged eternal celibacy. There were no other Greek ‘royals’, but she stated that Greece would accept not having a representative consort in your quarters. The other kings had sisters and nieces that would suit the purpose.

A. You accept the proposal as is: a consort from every kingdom except Greece.
A consort representative from each state. Sounds like a plan. :salute:

Still :butthurt: about Sekhie. And Athena.

Esquilax

Arcane

Yes, his wife is famous in her own right as well. I see her name all the time on license plates:

18ry1xaf6550bjpg.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom