Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive [LP CYOA] Overlord

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
You forgot Lucy who is secretly planning the revenge for her brother the Minotaur Lord.

Good spell.

Last edited:

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Could we do a modified B? Go to Erise and buy eyes from a female peasant and then allow the peasant to use the regen pod? We could do the transplant while maintaining Ellen's beauty.

lightbane

Arcane
You know, perhaps bandwaging for 2B is not a good idea after all:
Developing an illusionary spell to twist her abnormal sight into something normal, or at least approximating it.

What exactly would be considered an approximation of "normal reality" according to Zayan and Erd? And how would they be able to tell? She might end up developing something strange such as the ability to see the emotional aura of people at will, see through clothing or their insides, or even be able to perceive the precise faults and physical flaws of the things surrounding her.

On the other hand, all of these things could be worth investigating later on. TOME's idea is not half bad, but then we would have to regenerate that peasant's eyes at some point if we wish to maintain a good reputation around them.

Nevill

Arcane
What exactly would be considered an aproximation of "normal reality" according to Zayan and Erd? And how would they be able to tell?
By the person being able to see things, the general absense of screams, and by Ellen not trying to claw her eyes out. I think those signs should be easy to spot.

She might end up developing something strange such as the ability to see the emotional aura of people at will, see through clothing or their insides, or even be able to perceive the precise faults and physical flaws of the things surrounding her.
Perfect. We'll study the mechanism and start our first body augmentation shop.

The important part is not to give back a cripple. It's bad for business.

Go to Erise and buy eyes from a female peasant and then allow the peasant to use the regen pod?
Are there many people willing to sell their eyes, I wonder? :M

There is nothing wrong with the eyes of a man, except Erd's perception of him. Instead you suggest mutilating a girl.

Last edited:

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Maybe there would be a slight change in relations for leaving the peasant girl blind, but so far we haven't seen an upkeep cost for the regen pod. I just assume it's free regenerations for everyone!:M

a cut of domestic sheep prime

BC

Excellent.

This is the best possible outcome we could have hoped for. We will not only effectively hold his daughter hostage, but we will also gain the magnetite and the opportunity to visit her once we restore our...functionality. We may even gain the girl's gratitude for being healed as well. All under the guise of altruism. Perfect.

It also continues the meme of Erd being a merchant's son as now he will be taking on the role of a pharmaceutical company.:incline:

edit: FFS, don't drop shit on the painting. Our goal is to get the magnetite, not cure her completely. If we cure her, there is no reason for her father to ever want to speak with us again. A one time reward for treatment pales in comparison to repeat magnatite shipments and having both her and her father on a leash for the rest of their lives. We will still have a reputation as a miracle worker and she and her father will still be grateful to us. We can always cure her later if we want.

Is this LP called "Overlord" or "Chaotic Good Optometrist Who Can't Stick to a Plan to Save His Life?:decline:

Last edited by a moderator:

ScubaV

Prophet
I was originally going to do BA>BC, but I think I'll actually go BC > BA. Erd should be able to work the steady (if low) supply of magnatite angle in order to keep Ellen sane.

Baltika9

Arcane
BB, I get the extortion angle, but I'm way too interested in researching those eyes. Sight beyond normal sight shouldn't be discarded like that.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
By the way, treave, can Erd try to cast False Prophecy on Ellen to see if the spell's distortion of reality counters her condition, if only for a brief moment?

That spell will definitely play a role in developing the final product.

EDIT: How does she read and/or write these letters by the way? Does she have a magical "braille to English" pen or something? Granted, she can have a maid read these for her, but that is the boring option.

Nan does it.

You forgot Lucy who is secretly planning the revenge for her brother the Minotaur Lord.

Good spell.

Good idea. :M

Could we do a modified B? Go to Erise and buy eyes from a female peasant and then allow the peasant to use the regen pod? We could do the transplant while maintaining Ellen's beauty.

Erdrick is a feminist. :M:M

Is this LP called "Overlord" or "Chaotic Good Optometrist Who Can't Stick to a Plan to Save His Life?:decline:

It really should be called "Petty Asshole", to be honest. :M:M:M

Esquilax

Arcane
hands so many hands the white spheres they are reaching for us I can’t I can’t I can’t I can’t- I SEE FOREVER!!

Of course, even our best well-intentioned actions would have outrageous, unpredictable consequences. :lol:
Worse, we have appeared in some alternate dimension belonging to the Epic-verse. Erd, quickly, cast "Detect Shulgi" and catch him before it is too late!

The only surefire way of dealing with large, impossibly powerful white spheres is to stop what you are doing and attempt diplomacy with them. Only then can you defeat them.

Esquilax

Arcane
I think we should not be so hasty as to discard a pair of eyes that carry a gift/curse of clairvoyance. If we fix her eyesight with C, we will no longer have access to their visions. Now, the father will likely detect that something is amiss and it could negatively effect how much magnatite that we can receive, but the ability to peer into the future is something that is just priceless. I don't trust that the regeneration pod will work as we expect it to given Ellen's unique condition, so a transplant with the prisoner's eyes seems like the better deal in this scenario.

BB

Can they peer into the future, or are they really seeing the world as it is? If it is the future, it would seem to be too far ahead and too unrelated to our immediate world to be of use.

The mask of the fox and the labyrinth are spiral references and the white spheres are epic references. She can see glimpses of the software the world is running on, but that doesn't mean it is the future or the past.

And see doesn't we lose access to her eyes. We could always reverse the spell or perform an eye transplant later.

But yeah, I will flop to BC>BB for now.

haha, oh wow, the endless suffering we inflict on Mirein. This "Petty Asshole" lp never ceases to amuse. :lol:

consider me conditionally flopping to that if it is possible.

Nevill

Arcane
We will still have a reputation as a miracle worker and she and her father will still be grateful to us.
Don't count on her father's gratitude. You are creating an equivalent of a meth addict, and making him pay you so that his daughter doesn't suffer from a condition you inflicted on her. This is not something one would be happy about.

Yes, he and Ellen would be dependent on you - but don't confuse that with gratitude.

It also strikes me as a bit greedy. In Governor's place, I would definitely try and seek a way out of this yoke. When we designed the plan, we thought to heal her, get the magnatite, and be done with it. That's what sticking to the plan actually was, until you saw 'free, infinite magnatite'.

As if anything is free.

But it would take some trial and error to perfect and that could be traumatizing for the girl in the process. Of course, we can also work on a memory spell at the same time to wipe those recollections from her mind.
Another thing I don't like is that it could inflict harm on Ellen. Last time we saw a spell that could go poorly for Arlin, it did. You could be crippling the girl in other ways.

There is still a question of what happens if you are away or if she doesn't get her fix for some reason. Constant deals allow for more possibilities to go awry. In that case, the girl is screwed, and won't live until you fix her, so your 'can always cure her later' doesn't apply.

On the other hand, what I like about this, is wiping her memory. Ideally, I want her to forget she even saw Zayan, because one of the people on the girl-network is Princess Faislin, who was interested in returning the scientist to Dijeh (and has a husband working as an ambassador there).

If we could both regrow her eyes and make her forget what she saw here, it's what I'd go for.

It really should be called "Petty Asshole", to be honest.
As is every Codexian strong indypendent manz who doesn't owe anybody anything! :salute:

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Don't we have a frozen female head somewhere? Some old flame we couldn't let rot? Give her the seeress' eyes in the BB transplant. By the time we actually can resurrect her correctly, we'll be closer to understanding the eyes, and they'll be in a carrier that owes us and has feelings for us.

The head might be on ice but it is undoubtedly a dead head (and has been so for a while), so you'll have to resurrect it first before you can use the eyes in a transplant. Still, as long as you remove Ellen's eyes you can transplant it into other people later on.

Nevill

Arcane
Well, alright. BB>BA. At least that makes Rin's guy remotely useful.

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
BC>BA - 2B is the shitty choice. Says so right in the text. This girl and the potential magnetite is worth spending some time on. Skip the shitty quick fix.

Nevill

Arcane
This girl and the potential magnetite is worth spending some time on. Skip the shitty quick fix.
I don't think it's about being quick. It's more like we know for sure those eyes are normal, while with the pod we might be getting something with a quirk. Then again, the quirk could be beneficial if this is just an organic malfunction that can be fixed, turning Ellen into an honest-to-God seer. It could also be detrimental, though I doubt Zayan wouldn't be able to realize it early.

However, Zayan doesn't seem to be understanding what she is doing.

If we don't want surprises, 2B is a decent option.

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
It really should be called "Petty Asshole", to be honest.
You're right. We should increase our EEEVIL factor a notch. Let's take advantage of Aria's devotion towards us to "borrow" her eyes as soon as she comes back. Or Arlin's. Or even one of each. I'm sure that would be a more "Overlordy" thing to do, I'm surprised Gobblecock hasn't thought about this yet. :M

Now seriously, another (dis)advantage of 2C is that since we'll force the Guvernor to trade Magnetite with us with a certain frequency, not only he will be extremely pissed off at us but we'll accidentally give him the opportunity to use his resources at hand to search for our location (since he has to drop that magnetite cargo somewhere, unless Erd is stupid enough to come to the city to take it everytime). Hell, he has one of the Adventurers' Guild branch right there in his own city. Therefore, as soon as he learns something pointing out to wherever we are, you can bet your ass he'll call the army to deal with us.

So that's why I'll switch my vote to 1C; 2A. The former because no-one will vote for this option and the latter because it still gives us the opportunity to test the eyes with other "candidates" later on, so we can still do the "fix the reality thing" at some point.
Of course, even with newly grown eyes, she can eventually start suffering from her "issues" oncemore, so there's an element of risk no matter what we do.

Nevill

Arcane
(since he has to drop that magnetite cargo somewhere, unless Erd is stupid enough to come to the city to take it everytime)
We have Fortunio's boys to work as couriers.

Seriously, it is looking more and more like your average drug dealing operation.

Therefore, as soon as he learns something pointing out to wherever we are, you can bet your ass he'll call the army to deal with us.
Not when his daughter's life depends on our well-being. If he can't sidestep the spell, he has no choice but to comply. If we are gone, his daughter is doomed.

But you are correct in that a repeating deal with a wanted criminal has more chances to go south.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom