Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive [LP CYOA] Overlord

Jester

Arbiter
C - Either one is good.
D - check all settings before contracting.
E - Electric dragons for all.
A - Let a mad scientist try to outdo god. What can go wrong?

a cut of domestic sheep prime

B - female obviously, let go of your traditional idea of a male golem and embrace awesome
C>D
C>D>E>B - grow our wing back and maybe use resurrection (though we just blew a good chance to learn it)
A - just do it

Kipeci

Arcane
Okay, so all of Methuss hates us... a shame we wasted the prince's favor and probably what was left of his goodwill along with it, but there is a positive side. Their dislike of us now means that it's no longer much worth investing time into building up official relations with the existing Methuss power structure so it'll be easier to take the votes to properly crush that kingdom. We learned that their general martial and magic skills are not that great, given that we faced two of the stronger opponents in the kingdom at once and did alright. (Granted, they're more of a challenge in larger numbers, but that's what Gigadyne is for.) We do need to be worried about sacred magic since we unfortunately shied away from the chance to look more into that, but our stint on the church property is something that we recovered from and our demon is perfectly fine now as well, so it seems to be more of a temporary suppressant in a particular place and not the instant monster-zapper we'd been led to believe that it was... though, maybe that should be tested out with a goblin since I guess as an angelic overlord and a demonic weapon of great power may have a better ability to resist that sort of thing.

Definitely we ought to raid that mining town for magnetite at some point.

Anyway, for the actual vote:

C - They're rocks, guys. If we want to have dozens of half-naked ladies surrounding us at any moment, there are really better ways than playing pretend. I'd rather let Zayan focus on the important details so that these can start building up our very first stronghold.
C - I'd rather not waste our magnetite on combat models. We should be ready to apply overwhelming force as it is currently, with us and Rin and some of the other developing fighters around... we could really stand to have better defensive structures and so on to slow attackers and protect our weaker people, and these could probably also help out Zayan to do her thing. Expand to combat models later if we start picking up more magnetite, but putting those resources intentionally in a role where they regularly face destruction is not something I want to do when we have such a limited supply.
C - It's close and I'd really be fine with the sensor systems, but ultimately I guess I think it's okay if something crashes through our defenses as we can then murder it for points, I don't like the idea that this will be remotely murdering things and stealing our precious experience. The healing pod can help to deal with the aftermath, and it's a good way for us to practice healing magic on ourselves and others.
A - I wanted to throw in B as a troll vote to cockblock us, but surprisingly enough are voting B that it might actually happen and I'd rather not for that. It'd be interesting to see what happens, whether we can build up some sort of Overlord dynasty with powerful family lieutenants or something, I just hope that it doesn't turn out that the semen of angels is like some terrible acid or poison that can cause her harm. We'd also have to take care that any kids don't immediately try to immediately murder those closest to them from their earliest youth, Zayan's a valuable investment to have. As a poor justification for this extracurricular, I guess if she satisfies her curiosity here she can devote her mind to other pressing matters?

So all together, CCCA.

lightbane

Arcane
Chances are that no matter our choices, Zayan will use the regeneration pod to speed-up the baby's growth to unnatural speeds, because I'm sure she won't have the patience nor the intent to wait for 9 months and be forced to stop doing SCIENCE! for a while. Moreover, assuming Erd doesn't "misfire" or suffers an importunate interruption, Zay may wish to try several times to ensure the conception is successful (although that's probably not a bad thing itself, heh). What I wonder though is if treave will write the following romance sex scene, or he'll use the "fade-to-black" technique plus time skip to cockblock the Codex about what really happened here. :troll:

Just for fun: what does Barbatos have to say about this situation?

Kipeci

Arcane
"Barbatos, oh Barbatos, please help me out!"

"What dost thou need, o wielder of mine?"

"How do I get popular with girls?"

"Bah! Girls! Nothing more than needless distractions! To walk the solitary path of carnage, a true master of the Fist needs only his right hand. Maybe his left, if he wants to mix it up a little. Guhahahahahaha!"
He's given us his sage advice before. :M

In the past treave has gone with the fade to black business, and I'd personally rather that it remain that way.

Tigranes

Arcane
xDAB.

I'm not sure we want something that can potentially be as powerful as us right this moment.

archaen

Cipher
Patron
Doubtful the kid can be as powerful as us. We have hero training and magical training. Even if she somehow accelerates their growth we would have to train them to be a real threat. What I am concerned with is her constitution vs baby angel birth. Our physical stats are quite above human and she is only a half elf, the rigors of childbirth could be too much. Though if we build the regeneration chamber it should protect her from dying from chest burster alien syndrome.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Their dislike of us now means that it's no longer much worth investing time into building up official relations with the existing Methuss power structure so it'll be easier to take the votes to properly crush that kingdom. We learned that their general martial and magic skills are not that great, given that we faced two of the stronger opponents in the kingdom at once and did alright. (Granted, they're more of a challenge in larger numbers, but that's what Gigadyne is for.)
Now, remind me when did Gigadyne was mentioned to work on these numbers:
The Royal Army

A standing army of 25,000 men commanded by the royal family and generals loyal to them.

The Noble Army

A force levied from the nobles of the kingdom. Numbers vary, but are estimated to be at about 100,000 men in total when at full strength.
I am pretty certain that we may be able to take on 100 people easily, and 1000 people may not be much of an obstacle, but several thousands? Even if they could never hit us - which may not be true - they'd just exhaust us and leave us open to their 'not that great' heroes. And that's before taking in consideration that in a case of a direct confrontation Methuss may request help from other kingdoms, given that there is still peace between them, and Barzam and Byarlant would jump on a chance to see us gone.

So I do not exactly share your optimism about 'crushing' the strongest of the kingdoms around with our bare hands.

Ultimately we still do not want to engage Methuss in an all-out battle, and we do not want to reveal neither our location, nor our species, as it would make it easier for them to rally the troops to the cause. As for covert actions, I think this was going on already with Fortunio and his crew.

That reminds me, there is a force of well-trained adventurers sponsored by none other than Duke Brescia heading our way, and in the best of Codexian traditions we neither try to build a fighting golem force, nor invest in any kind of defenses in favor of an even better healing spell! :lol:

What I am concerned with is her constitution vs baby angel birth.
A single baby angel would not cut it. It's too small of a sample to experiment on. She'll have the cloning facilities constructed and grow them there.

Last edited:

Kayerts

Arcane
Cool, time to get our feathered dick on! There's no way having a child could possibly end badly for an evil overlord, right?

darth_vader_luke.jpg

paul_atreides.jpg

Zeus_Jupiter_Greek_God_Art_17_zeus_vs_cronus.jpg

Oh, well at least an angel has never turned against his fath--

onewingedangel.jpg

satan.jpg

Hm.

The Evil Overlord List said:
18. I will not have a son. Although his laughably under-planned attempt to usurp power would easily fail, it would provide a fatal distraction at a crucial point in time.
19. I will not have a daughter. She would be as beautiful as she was evil, but one look at the hero's rugged countenance and she'd betray her own father.

Would Treave really give Erd an option to get laid that wouldn't horribly backfire? Think about it.

CDCB

Last edited:

Esquilax

Arcane
I don't know, Kayerts. I think that Random Word was on to something. We just don't have enough of a sample size; if we had a few dozen kids, then maybe we would be able to make a reasonable conclusion here.

Kipeci

Arcane
Now, remind me when did Gigadyne was mentioned to work on these numbers:

I am pretty certain that we may be able to take on 100 people easily, and 1000 people may not be much of an obstacle, but several thousands? Even if they could never hit us - which may not be true - they'd just exhaust us and leave us open to their 'not that great' heroes. And that's before taking in consideration that in a case of a direct confrontation Methuss may request help from other kingdoms, given that there is still peace between them, and Barzam and Byarlant would jump on a chance to see us gone.

So I do not exactly share your optimism about 'crushing' the strongest of the kingdoms around with our bare hands.

Ultimately we still do not want to engage Methuss in an all-out battle, and we do not want to reveal neither our location, nor our species, as it would make it easier for them to rally the troops to the cause. As for covert actions, I think this was going on already with Fortunio and his crew.

That reminds me, there is a force of well-trained adventurers sponsored by none other than Duke Brescia heading our way, and in the best of Codexian traditions we neither try to build a fighting golem force, nor invest in any kind of defenses in favor of an even better healing spell! :lol:
Grimgravy A D C>A A
Baltika9 C D B A
TOME C D A B
Karwelas C D A A
Gobblecock C>A B C>B A
Azira A B C A
Nevill B D x A
lightbane C D>B A>C B
Rex Feral D D C B
Esquilax B A C B
archaen C D C>A A
Kz3r0 A B C A
Jester C D E A
Lambchop19 B C>D C>D>E>B A
Kipeci C C C A
Tigranes x D A B

A - 3
B - 3
C - 8
D - 1
x - 1

A - 1
B - 3
C - 2
D - 10

A - 5
B - 1
C - 9
x - 1

A - 11
B - 5

A single baby angel would not cut it. It's too small of a sample to experiment on. She'll have the cloning facilities constructed and grow them there.
I didn't say we're fine to take them on right now, we obviously have too few people to administer to anything and if we can't administer anything then it's just pointless destruction.

Now, maybe it's just me, but that full powered Gigadyne from our entrance left a large, field-sized area as molten and the land around us was scorched for as far as we could see... and that was with us trying to not completely devastate the land we were on, directing it mainly to the sky and away from the world in a column. Whole armies in the path of that are just so many specks of ash, it would in fact be more convenient if everyone was in the same general area rather than distributed all over the country. We've also grown in power since then, and it seems that our power only going up from there barring any attempt on our part to join a monastery.

That's not to say that they can't get the better hand over us if they have some preparation to do magic en masse or get tricky spiritual stuff involved, but I think it's abundantly apparent that we can do massive, massive damage. They don't want to ever be in a position where a significant fraction of their full armed forces on the national level can be destroyed, especially if any of the other kingdoms have jackal-like tendencies in devouring the bones of the weak.

The issue on our part is that while personally Trider has stupid amounts of power, for the moment he's lacking for significant numbers of followers and particularly competent ones and so pretty much everything is liable to go poorly when he's not immediately present. I want to eventually best the armies of the other kingdoms, but there's no point in trying and bringing down a lot of heat on us (well, aside from all the free XP, I guess) when we have no proper political structures and so on for taking the pieces of what we'd fragment and incorporating them into a new order. We need to lay down an evil bureaucracy to have a proper chance.

Edit: Aw man, is the one of everything school so popular? Strictly speaking it's better than the fighting golem force since we at least have a productive one and a half-productive one, but I can't see the golems as anything but a slow-acting security force or troops that lay down a serious smack on opponents while taking on blows. We effectively function as the same thing, just that we're better at the violence parts. The main problem I see with our security is that we're slow to react if something goes wrong as we need to be informed first so that our goblins might run into trouble before we can lay the hammer down, but having a solitary militarized golem doesn't really help us out in that case. This is just a waste of workers that can be set to building actual fortifications and so on.

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
I don't think the Aasimar the child/ren will be a threath by pure strength alone. The problem is that said child (or children) will look up to Erd as a father and Zayan as a mother. And you know know we have enough with just one mad doctor. Now imagine another one which is constantly trying to impress their parents in one way or another. :lol:

Also, oddly enough the Adventurers don't hate our guts. Perhaps the resurrection spell did work but not as good as it could, leaving Wist comatose. It also would explain why the entirety of Methuss doesn't have their "hate rating" maxed out. Either way, I'll switch my second vote to B and my third vote to just A. Better to be safe than sorry (plus the construction golems can help putting traps and such).

Kipeci

Arcane
The malus was about as large as for the capital city and its associated nobles when we ruined their entertainment at the party by being unsettlingly powerful or whatever our offense was. One could interpret that as just them giving us the better of the doubt while others assumed the worst... in a way, I don't think it exactly matters whether she died or not. That would have been important if we'd stayed, but since we didn't it would seem fairly clearly apparent that we felt guilty enough about the matter to just drop her off and ditch before we got into trouble, not exactly honorable business. We also don't know how much she might remember if she were to be revived, so even if she survived it may be the worse for us if she recalls that we were clearly complicit with the strange woman who murdered her.

Really a shame that we dodged out of there, but it does bring its new opportunities, I guess.

Nevill

Arcane
Also, oddly enough the Adventurers don't hate our guts. Perhaps the resurrection spell did work but not as good as it could, leaving Wist comatose. It also would explain why the entirety of Methuss doesn't have their "hate rating" maxed out.
That's the hope, but it is not very sustainable. The entirety of Methuss hating on a random stranger for offing some captain of the guards would be non-sensical. What do they care?

The malus was about as large as for the capital city and its associated nobles when we ruined their entertainment at the party by being unsettlingly powerful or whatever our offense was.
That was -10. This offense ranges anywhere from -25 to -75.

I don't think it exactly matters whether she died or not.
Depends on where you want to go from there. I guess we'll know soon enough once Alexander with his adventurers gets here.

Make my 3rd vote 3A. Regeneration is fine and dandy, but if you do not get hit, you do not need to heal. Some preventive measures to let us know when to kill people and when to GTFO would be nice.

Kipeci

Arcane
That was -10. This offense ranges anywhere from -25 to -75.

I was talking about specifically the case of the Adventurer's Guild's opinion of us. Though that may have been -15 actually, I don't remember if they were sitting at 10 or 5 to start now that I think about it. Our reputation did tank much more badly with everyone else... my guess is that adventurers are maybe a bit more understanding of unexpected monster attacks and political reasons to ditch town, perhaps, while to the nobles this is probably looking more like some bizarre assassination or something, with those closer to her taking it much worse than more peripheral figures. I don't think we got a malus for Erise (at least not an incredibly significant one, may be remembering the score wrong), though whether that's because it's so distant that it hasn't gotten the news yet or that everyone's too busy toiling to bother caring about what's happened to some noble or a combination of the above I'm not sure.

asxetos

Augur
B. more womynz.
D. and each one should be special.
C>A. prefer the pool if it can help with our wing, else i'd go with the defenses.
A. dont be beta here.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
B
Let the spirit of shaolin trao master dude guide our hand, perhaps we get lucky that goddesses get pissed enought that the golems get some of that divine essence.:lol:

D
Lets try to work out all of those pesky prototype quirks now rather than later when we get more magnitidium.

C
A regneration ability and bit of ability to grow more food!? I heard that population boom coming our way.

A
Zayan probably has some sort semen extraction machine, so we don't even get laid even if it looks good right now:lol:.
Still can't say no to oppurtunity and it will be interesting to see how fucked that child will be between us and mad doctor.

lightbane

Arcane
Zayan probably has some sort semen extraction machine, so we don't even get laid even if it looks good right now:lol:.

You're thinking too small. In addition to that, according to her "research books", she believes the best way to get what she wants is through prostate stimulation. Therefore, said machine includes an automated strap-on which incorporates a silence spell so that no-one is disturbed by the noise and/or screams. On the other hand, it's possible she's going to acquire the samples through the way nature intended with no further devious schemes, but even it is unlikely we'll get anything more than a fade-to-black scene.

Either way, it's possible this ordeal will get nowhere since Zayan is actually half-blooded already, so perhaps the offspring's angelic bloodline will be too diluted to be useful. Moreover, Zayan herself said that Rin had the best compatibility with Erd (probably in every meaning of said word, if you know what I mean). :M

Also, our next monster species to recruit should be the lizardmen instead of the slimes. Why? Because the latter are nothing more than glorified, sentient jelly, while the former are usually known for being cold-blooded warriors with a truly sneaky cunning, so in the long term these should be more useful.

However, before doing anything, there's the matter with the adventurers.

I was talking about specifically the case of the Adventurer's Guild's opinion of us. Though that may have been -15 actually, I don't remember if they were sitting at 10 or 5 to start now that I think about it. Our reputation did tank much more badly with everyone else... my guess is that adventurers are maybe a bit more understanding of unexpected monster attacks and political reasons to ditch town, perhaps, while to the nobles this is probably looking more like some bizarre assassination or something, with those closer to her taking it much worse than more peripheral figures. I don't think we got a malus for Erise (at least not an incredibly significant one, may be remembering the score wrong), though whether that's because it's so distant that it hasn't gotten the news yet or that everyone's too busy toiling to bother caring about what's happened to some noble or a combination of the above I'm not sure.

True, we can still deal with the adventurers by accompanying them to the ruins/waiting for them there. Of course, said ruins will turn out to be filled with traps that only Mercant knows how to cross through, ensuring the Guild is weakened to the point they're forced to enlist our services for some time. As for Erise, I bet that sooner or later Methuss will send patrols looking for us and/or to check if they can extract any information about us from the villagers. We better conquer the village before this happens.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
A woman offers to make babies. Codex panicks and thinks of strapons.
Sounds about right.

Nevill

Arcane
The Codex always thinks of strapons. :rpgcodex:

Grimgravy A D C>A A
Baltika9 C D B A
TOME C D A B
Karwelas C D A A
Gobblecock C>A B C>B A
Azira A B C A
Nevill B D A A
lightbane C B A B
Rex Feral D D C B
Esquilax B A C B
archaen C D C>A A
Kz3r0 A B C A
Jester C D E A
Lambchop19 B C>D C>D>E>B A
Kipeci C C C A
Tigranes x D A B
Kayerts C D C B
asxetos B D C>A A
Elfberserker B D C A
Storyfag C D C A
ScubaV C B>D B>C A
wjw C B C A

A - 3
B - 5
C - 12
D - 1
x - 1

A - 1
B - 6
C - 2
D - 13

A - 6
B - 2
C - 14

A - 16
B - 6

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
Sounds about right.

Correction: a crazy woman who has no moral quandaries and if given the chance would gladly cut open Erd to see how his insides work. Plus she's a half-elf. So it's understandable to be a little paranoid.

EDIT: It would be good that at some point Z gave us a summary of the different races of this world, if only to know which ones to recruit.

Last edited:

ScubaV

Prophet
Sounds about right.

Well to be fair, the Codex already did suffer pegging at the hands of a crazy woman once. Fool me once...

C - Meh golems are golems
B > D - Gotta macro that economy before you micro the fighters
B > C - I think mobility is our best bet early on. Raiding magnatite shipments with bandits and lizardmen? Oh yes! C as backup since although I didn't vote for preserving Mieren it would be a waste to let her sit there forever. Plus we could try to get our wing back.
A - You-You can't get fooled again!

lightbane

Arcane
As expected, the Codex couldn't resist the temptation. Good thing that the last time treave did something like this we weren't trolled, right? Oh wait. :troll:
Hopefully Z carries some lube. Or at Erd passes his Vitality test check and doesn't catch any disease.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom