Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

Bloodshifter

Educated
Remember its NOT only soldiers we are facing if it was we be in heaven clawing and slicing all 8 thousand of their men no problem they Got Gieloths as backup that means shadow people, zombies, and THUNDER STRIKES any time any-where can Ean and his thousand man army (Peasants really not even proper Soldiers). handle that?

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Treave just said it was possible to not fail. We have the element of surprise. They don't know we are preparing for them. The last time they caught us off gaurd and killed an entire town and turned them into undead. If we act now we can prevent them from creating an undead horde.

Bloodshifter

Educated
Where did he say we CAN'T fail? and they are already on the march there is no way they already don't or aren't prepared to face us remember Sheku... what ever her name is said that she is a outcast because of the deal she brokered with us so they know we know about them.

m4davis

Scholar
I don't think you were listening all either of them said was that it was possible to succeed that doesn't mean that we are invincible and that we can't lead our character to failure it means its possible and worst come to worst we can abandon egypt and go out on our own to somewhere else

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
He also alluded that should we fail, there won't be a nice, undisturbed tomb for us. Meaning failure can send us into comatose sleep for much longer than last time.. :M

Baltika9

Arcane
Bros, I got it. The sword shall be in the name of the Codex's great legend:

BLOBERT!!!
8256.jpg

:love:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Well, Ean is shaping up to be nothing, if not a man who's willing to go blindly against towering odds. :salute:

First our foray into Sekhenun's stronghold, now this. M:

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
One immortal +1000 men vs. five Gieloth + 8000 men. We are so utterly fucked.

:salute:

Go well into the long dark night, Ean.

Esquilax

Arcane
One immortal +1000 men vs. five Gieloth + 8000 men. We are so utterly fucked.

:salute:

Go well into the long dark night, Ean.

Where does it say that there are five Gieloth? Jesus Christ, if that's the case I'm going B. I thought it was one of them with 8,000 Babylonians.

5? Where did you get that? Pretty sure Treave said we don't know how many. Lemme check:
What you can guess at is this: the Gieloth presence in Babylon is very strong right now, they've been growing unimpeded. There would be more than there are in Thebes. Furthermore, the ones in Thebes are Children spawned by Sekhenun, which you've been stomping without breaking a sweat for the past three years (no XP there since they're too low-leveled, sorry! But their sorcery is still enough to give a mortal trouble, and they might have other tricks up their sleeves), while there are definitely mature Gieloth in Sumeria, similar to Sekhenun and her sisters.

You don't know for sure if there are any marching with the army, but given how they've operated before, and that the Assyrian king was recently slain by the Babylonians, you rather suspect there are. You don't know how many, though.

In the past the Gieloth lords (and ladies) only went out with their armies one at a time, so as long as we're picking random numbers 1 or 2 at most seems a bit more likely. edit: Now watch Treave put 12 of them in front of us. ;)

newcomer

Learned
I think 5 is a reasonable estimate, after all the Gieloth should learn to fear the dog who destroys their Egyptian base single-handedly.
Well 5 might be slightly too much though, I'd say 2 or 3

kazgar

Arcane
THIS IS SPARTA TJARU!

All we gotta do is hold out and hold up the invaders until the Pharaoh can rock up and lay the smack down, as well as trying to take out the Gieloth to even up the battle. If we miraculously win the day, bonus.

A siege situation and our (even limited) shapeshift abilites should allow us to do amazing and interesting things in the attackers campsite during the evenings.

3 wouldn't be too far-fetched I guess. It's just how many Gieloth lords are there Babylon anyway? There were only 3 in Egypt over the course of 300 years and that was considered a fairly major base of power for them - at least from what Naram said.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
If the Babylonian Gieloth have managed to create children like Sekhenun did though...

We know not if she shared that secret with her kin, but she did complain that they did nothing good for her, so she might have kept that secret for herself.
Then again, it might be common knowledge, and we could potentially be fighting scores of Gieloth of varying power...

newcomer

Learned
Ugh.. most likely it's just their means of reproduction, so there's a possibility that the children are out with the soldiers for "training"
But if I'm the Gieloth parent I wouldn't do that, after hearing how powerful this "prey" is

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
It seems though that it required a "womb", which we more or less provided by mind-raping Panrath. By the way, the temple collapsed, but we don't know for sure what happened with Panreth, the shadow Gieloth?

Anyway, if such a womb is required, it might not be the usual way of procreation, especially considering Sekhenun was the closest to a Gieloth scientist we've encountered. It could be a Frankensteinian experiment that we stumbled upon by accident.

Esquilax

Arcane
THIS IS SPARTA TJARU!

All we gotta do is hold out and hold up the invaders until the Pharaoh can rock up and lay the smack down, as well as trying to take out the Gieloth to even up the battle. If we miraculously win the day, bonus.

A siege situation and our (even limited) shapeshift abilites should allow us to do amazing and interesting things in the attackers campsite during the evenings.

This is wishful thinking again. What makes you think a ruthless bastard like Astarth would come up to the fortress to help us against the siege? Here's what he'd do: he'd be very pissed off that we disobeyed his orders, and he'd use us as a pawn on the battlefield because it's a win-win situation for him whether Ean lives or dies. If we die a glorious death in Tjaru, we'll take thousands of Babylonians and perhaps a few Gieloth with us, allowing Astarth and his men to deal with the remnants of their forces. He loses an unruly lieutenant and a potential threat to power, and he destroys the Babylonian forces with minimal loss to the rest of his 9,000 men. That's great for him. If we defeat the Babylonians and make it out alive, well great, then we can begin making inroads to Babylon to create an empire that stretches across the entire Fertile Crescent. That's also great for him.

We are going to be all alone. Get used to it.

To make the best of the situation, here's what we do: we conscript every man who can hold a sword as we march across the Nile Delta. Then, we try and repair the fortress, set up possible choke points along the way to ensure that the way past the place is as terrible as possible. The terrain advantage is significant for us: according to the map, the place is a fortress surrounded by the sea at either side and a river. Using that to our advantage will be crucial.

I'm expecting 2 Gieloth to be leading the Babylonians. I am basing this on the fact that they have been sending messages to Babylon since Sekhenun's "demise" and they aren't going to fuck around any more. I'm not expecting more than two because a few Gieloth will have to remain in Babylon and Assyria to maintain control of things there.

We are going to be all alone. Get used to it.
Not sure about that. Astarth may be bloodthirsty, but he's no fool. When your enemies have 8000 troops breathing down your neck you turn and face them. There will never be a better time or place to drive them off than now at the fort. At the very least he might send reinforcements.

edit: And hopefully he'll remember just how valuable we are in that we're the one man that seems to be able to solve his gieloth problem.
I'm expecting 2 Gieloth to be leading the Babylonians. I am basing this on the fact that they have been sending messages to Babylon since Sekhenun's "demise" and they aren't going to fuck around any more. I'm not expecting more than two because a few Gieloth will have to remain in Babylon and Assyria to maintain control of things there.
My thoughts exactly.

Baltika9

Arcane
That is, unless the Gieloth he's fighting now don't get him first. Then, Egypt's screwed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom