Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Yeah. B involves using your ability and fleeing... or at least attempting to. Looking back at the choices made so far, there's one other variable that can come into play that influences how successful you are in escaping. Though you guys already cleared the first hurdle by not getting the cops to bring in the delinquents. That would've caused Relius to return early.

edit: All I can say is that escape is not impossible, but you might not get out totally unscathed. However, A is still meant to be the riskier of the two options as written. There is no misdirection going on here.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I wonder what the unknown choice is that treave mentioned which affects the outcome of our escape.

Because I don't think we can sufficiently convince this guy that we're on the level, and because we are unaware of the terms of his "contract", I'm going to have to choose B. Remember our enhanced perception should aid our flight.

B

Edit: That said, our enhanced perception could gives us bonuses on manipulating this guy. The question is, will he attack us immediately if we activate our ability?

Baltika9

Arcane
B sounds suicidal, true, but Smashing Axe has a point: we don't know Jack about their contract, we don't know how the body got into the bathtub, we don't know what those files were doing on his computer. We may not even get the chance to speak with them, we'll simply be handed over to Relius or executed and there's no guarantee he'll allow us to keep the hard drive.

On the other hand, we have Erika's (uncertain) opinion to fall back on, we have that body in the tub and the files on the computer. Relius is also coming back on schedule so we have some time to work our magic.
As for this company:
Devil_may_cry_Family_by_Brokenmalk.jpg

:eek:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Wow. This guy's a real twisted bastard.

Also:
Guys, I don't think A will work. More than likely, this foot-soldier wouldn't believe us and would tie us up and deliver us to Relius just like he did the girl - and we see how that worked for her. Our only hope would be to namedrop Erika and her uncle to him. And even then, the text for B hints that we'd lose the drive with all the evidence.

Voting B for now. A is too much of a gamble for our young pragmatist.

Baltika9

Arcane
Going B: I'm not certain this guy will give us a chance to explain anything if his reaction is something to go by and chances are he's not someone important. Most likely we'll be taken to either Relius, wherein we'll either be conscripted into the Cult, Chaos Cultist (which does make me want to pick A) style or simply killed. And we lose the evidence. B at least lets us get away with the evidence and decide from there.

I am extremely curious about this cult, this sacrificial stuff suggests they're either summoning the Diogenes Club, opening a rift or incarnating Ean or his heir (very unlikely, but still).

Baltika9

Arcane
Another reason to vote B: if we do get brought in front of Relius and he does decide that we'll be far more useful as a sacrifice or dead, then we won't have an emergency ejection button and we'll be rather screwed.
But on the other hand, he may enlist us to join, however unlikely it is.

Baltika9

Arcane
Being brought into the Cult is a possibility.
The question is, in what condition?
I'm thinking that even with this possibility, it's better to gather as many facts as we can: the sacrifices may be for the Masters (although summoning the Diogenes Club may result in the total purge of all anime) or a Gieloth cult (Pahnrath being turned into a "womb", anyone?), so we'd better know what we're doing before we do it.
Besides, if these cultist found a way to make Good Things happen, we can always exterminate them and then do the rituals ourselves, all we'll need to do is get into a position of power ourselves. Keeping to B for now.

Baltika9

Arcane
Since this is anime obviously you're the cult's messiah. :troll:
Oh, so we'll get to remove both the animu and the Shaprdz from the premises at the same time?
:incline:I'm suddenly a fan of Dio's.
Still sticking with B though, I don't want to risk interacting with the cosmic without knowledge.
Senya is by no means Ean. Thanks for the pointer, though.
Edit: say, could you describe the scene at the rift after Ean jumped in? For the lulz, obviously.
Edit 2: and Shulgi's reaction upon hearing of it. That one should've been something.

ScubaV

Prophet
This is really tough, but I'm going to go B. It will probably alert Engura to us and maybe get us injured (cue one of the harem nursing us back to health), but as treave said it's not as risky and we have the possibility of using the evidence with someone level-headed like this "Uncle" to fall back on.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Screams of "Sek, why the fuck did you let him do that?" and "I can't help it if he's a boneheaded idiot! What am I, his wife or something?"

edit: Shulgi: "Well, saw that coming. That's why I gave him that pendant. I hope he doesn't do something stupid like attempting sphere diplomacy."

Also, I draw a distinction between pure harem hijinks anime and bleaker examples of the form, and we're dabbling more in the latter right now. If you're talking about manly rah rah For the Emprah! types, however, you'll probably find those in upcoming antagonists. That this world has become anime-ized doesn't mean that there isn't an Imperium of Man emerging from one of the other test worlds out there.

Baltika9

Arcane
SIf you're talking about manly rah rah For the Emprah! types, however you'll probably find those in upcoming antagonists.
By Shepardz I actually meant how every single girl we come across is instantly fawning or going "tsundere" over our skin-and-bones nerdy schizophrenic wannabe gangsta. Seriously, is that a Gieloth/Concordiat thing? Or just yellow fever?
That this world has become anime-ized doesn't mean that there isn't an Imperium of Man emerging from one of the other test worlds out there.
There can be only one Holy Terra and that is our Holy Terra. Time to break the rational world and introduce a little Kayoss.

Baltika9

Arcane
so...what's the point of the mechs we're researching if they'll be facing Imperator Titans?
Obviously there is only one correct answer: ours will just have to be bigger, better and stronger. And be able to travel in space. And equipped with cyclone torpedoes.
Also, more impressive looking. Everybody knows that's the most important detail.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
SIf you're talking about manly rah rah For the Emprah! types, however you'll probably find those in upcoming antagonists.
By Shepardz I actually meant how every single girl we come across is instantly fawning or going "tsundere" over our skin-and-bones nerdy schizophrenic wannabe gangsta. Seriously, is that a Gieloth/Concordiat thing? Or just yellow fever?

There's the... AI he made, the princess who has taken an interest in him initially because of his skills, the mysterious girl who senses something different about him, and then a girl who had a crush on him since middle-school.

The hacker sexually harasses everyone so she doesn't count.

You can start complaining about Shepards when the Uncle and Relius and Mike Weeaboo (okay, I'll concede that one) start trying to get into his pants too to suck the dick of the Chosen One.

so...what's the point of the mechs we're researching if they'll be facing Imperator Titans?
what a tease, you.

Well, I'm not ruling out the possibility of our mechs eventually being bigger. You know how it goes.

Baltika9

Arcane
Obviously there is only one correct answer: ours will just have to be bigger, better and stronger. And be able to travel in space. And equipped with cyclone torpedoes.
Also, more impressive looking. Everybody knows that's the most important detail.
sorry bro. i'm rooting for the other guys.
Your right. But why? Just curious.

Kipeci

Arcane
I'm envisioning a cross between the Sekhenun-head-in-jar and the concept of the pet sphere we were trolled with a little while back. :( It is so sad that they could never meet/exist.

Esquilax

Arcane
Yeah. B involves using your ability and fleeing... or at least attempting to. Looking back at the choices made so far, there's one other variable that can come into play that influences how successful you are in escaping. Though you guys already cleared the first hurdle by not getting the cops to bring in the delinquents. That would've caused Relius to return early.

So what's the other variable, guys? I'm inclined to think it's our skill choice: we've opted to improve our cognitive abilities rather than our physical abilities, and I don't see how our meager powers are going to help us escape. If not that, then it might be the fact that we searched the room instead of Kyrie. Despite what Smashing Axe says, this is a situation where you would need physical abilities more than smarts.

I suppose we might be able to escape, but I very much doubt that we'll be able to do so without either losing the data we've got or getting fucked up in the process badly. I have no idea how we could stall this guard in hopes that Kyrie comes to our rescue.

Baltika9

Arcane
You're asking me why...I'm rooting for the Imperium?

I'm not sure I understand your question
Why are your rooting for their Imperium?
You can start complaining about Shepards when the Uncle and Relius and Mike Weeaboo (okay, I'll concede that one)
The Uncle is most likely some young-looking prick named Dante into schoolgirls, Relius is filthy untermensch scum into schoolgirls that also probably takes it from the high priest and Michael...well, you said it yourself.
the Chosen One.
I will be seriously disappointed if we don't get a blue suit with a "13" on it's back. And a spear.

Baltika9

Arcane
We don't have an Imperium. We have...uh...this.
I shouldn't be the one to remind you of the Imperium's history: before there was an Imperium there was an Age of Strife. Only in our case, we will be struggling against the forces of The Animu, The Weeaboo and The Degenerate. 'Twill be a long and brutal war, but in the end we must prevail. There is no other way (except horrible and complete failure).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom