Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
435HolyGrail.jpg

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Sold on the tsundere Dragon-Rabbit, the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!
Don't go back on your word now. :D

Edit: bolded for clarity.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Alright. I warned you. You guys are going to get what's coming to you.

The Dragon-Rabbit.

I'll begin sorting out the update.

Well, I was meaning to flop yesterday to avoid rabbit winning, just forgot about it. And now I am 10 minutes too late. Seriously, the one defining characteristic of the Adjutant is his bad luck, so why pick a sign that completely neutralizes it? Also, that description of our hybrid personality is a bit too defined for my taste.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
All of the personalities are already rather defined beyond the brief description I gave. I did say that there was more to the characters than just what was written, and demonstrated it while we were discussing the rabbit. Besides, personalities do change and this character can actually make decisions based on his head and not his gut - hence you can logically pick a choice that is out of character if it is justifiable - so I don't see it being a major issue.

Esquilax

Arcane
Dafuq? Is treave joking? If not, can we have the Dragon Adjutant? If you're still game, I'm willing to flop. This is design-by-committee in action; you get a compromise that nobody is satisfied with. :lol:

See bros, this is why we should have picked the Farmer - no tsundere bullshit! Just a burly, hard-drinking bro who kicks a whole lot of ass.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You can flop, but you can't have a Dragon Adjutant until everyone has finalized their votes. It's only fair to the others, instead of having the Dragon win just because its supporters were on at an opportune time to request a flop after I had already decided to close the votes.

If it's that serious of an issue, I'll leave the vote open indefinitely for now. We'll see how it goes.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Horse - 1
Monkey - 1
Snake - 1
Tiger - 5
Dragon - 7
Rabbit - 7

Last edited:
Dammit it all, I wanted for this to start already. Tsundere or not, I'm sure we could find a unique and interesting way to fuck it up roleplay this character.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
We're going to pass page 10 before we start, unfortunately. How long can you guys keep this up without getting bored?

You're all a bunch of goddamned Goats. :rpgcodex:

Baltika9

Arcane
I'm still going for a pure dragon over the hybrid, purely on the grounds that the stat soup doesn't sit well with me. Still, I don't have anything against it winning.

Baltika9

Arcane
Goddammit, Esquilax was right. We should have gone for the Farmer and avoid all this bullshit with "nooo, the dragon/rabbit is icky, I want the rabbit/dragon."

You can never go wrong with boozing blue collar guys, we would've started already.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I doubt that. I really, really doubt that. You'd be arguing over the flavour of retard you want on your farmer pie instead.

Esquilax

Arcane
I just can't justify playing a moody tsundere who can't fight his way out of a paper bag in a martial arts LP. I want a dude who can fight at least a little bit, yet we're going for Lord Byron, complete with the brooding disposition and the club foot.

And yeah, we probably would have nit-picked just as much with the Farmer. "No bros, we should pick Ox, when you go retard, go full-retard!!" "No way, full-retard is too dumb. Maybe we can salvage this somewhat by making him average, let's vote Goat Farmer!"

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The Tiger is the best fighter, considering the variety of sword and unarmed techniques available in comparison to other weapons.

Honestly, all of you should just flop to Tiger and be done with it. He's calamitously awesome.

Tigranes

Arcane
What, I'm the only Pig? Goddamnit. I am not going a mild-mannered weird-lucked social butterfly Rabbit in my pugilist world.

Dragon.

Esquilax

Arcane
YOLO, voting Tiger. Hey fuck it, it's awesome. I want a badass fighter, luck be damned.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
How awesome are we talking here?

Rip limbs off enemies awesome. Then perhaps calamitously slip on the bloody floor and knock himself out. The Dragon's agility is really too low to be a superb warrior on physical stats alone, though I think all of you continue to forget that I emphasized that techniques were important.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom