Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Heh. Maybe I do. ;) But really, you don't need my whole "plan" (not a plan. my first post was a plan and so was the second. some of it is vote-meta now, bro. ie, voting for one thing because I don't want the other even more.). I really just want Qilin and Song in there.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Heh. Maybe I do. ;) But really, you don't need my whole "plan" (not a plan. my first post was a plan and so was the second. some of it is vote-meta now, bro. ie, voting for one thing because I don't want the other.). I really just want Qilin and Song in there.
By the look of things, you are getting it anyway.

Just assign Fu Xia to the servants and you can ignore the rumors like you always wanted. Qilin will pick it up regardless.

Eh, I kind of wanted to throw you a bone with the rumors thing since you seemed to think it pretty important earlier. Besides, if anyone knows how to pick up a rumor in this town, it ought to be the detective.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
All right, after the recent flops, here's how things seem to stand:

1. Inspection of Du Yao’s corpse, currently on ice inside his mansion.
Cao'er, Lady Suien

2. Questioning of Du Yao’s daughter, who was the first to find Jiang Zheng and her father.
Chi Qilin, Song Lingshu

3. Questioning of the mansion’s help – the common servants.
Yifang, Song Lingshu

4. Questioning of Du Yao’s staff – his lieutenants, guards, and other people related to his business activities.
Fu Xia

5. Investigation of the mansion and its grounds for any clues.
Cao'er, Lady Suien

6. General investigation of the city for any rumours and leads that can be linked back to the death.
Chi Qilin, Fu Xia

7. Search for Xiaofang, the eunuch constable who is still missing.
Xu Jing, Yifang, Song Lingshu

8. Questioning of Jiang Zheng, the chief constable who is being held in prison.
Xu Jing

I should be able to close the votes and update in about... eh... 60 hours. Is there any information you guys think you should have?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I wouldn't know how much but this is just the first day. If you do screw up, you're only going to find out at the end of the investigation.

Nevill

Arcane
I should be able to close the votes and update in about... eh... 60 hours. Is there any information you guys think you should have?
Wait, do the votes close now and update is due in 60 hours, or do they close in 60 hours?

Why are there talks about screw-ups already?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Votes aren't closed yet. No point closing it if the update isn't going to come.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Voting Esquilax plan

1) Cao'er. I feel that Lady Suien might be a little redundant here - I'm not exactly sure what she would find that Cao'er would not. Cao'er was sharp enough to detect traces of Wudu Cult poison on Master Rong all those years ago, and she's even better now.
2) Chi Qilin, Song Lingshu. A bit of good-cop, bad-cop. Qilin does the clever maneuvering and sees if the daughter is full of shit, Lingshu's honesty gets her guard down if she's lying about something and gives Qilin someone to work off of.
3) Fu Xia. I am not that confident about this one - I just don't know who else to put. But at least this guy is an actual detective, plus it's a shitload better than putting Yifang and Song Lingshu on questioning duty. What if one of the servants is hiding something?
4) Fu Xia. Obviously would be better with Jing around because of synergy, but Jing can't be everywhere at once. Ideally though, it would be good-cop, bad-cop, as Baltika mentioned before.
5) Cao'er, Lady Suien. You need them both, because Cao'er doesn't have the detective skills that Lady Suien has.
6) Chi Qilin, Yifang. This is Qilin's wheelhouse. Bringing Yifang as muscle might not be a bad idea here.
7) Xu Jing, Lady Suien. An unorthodox pick, I know, but I think it has great synergy; Jing has the street smarts and the combat skills to maneuver this place, and Lady Suien would have the intelligence, the royal background and the experience of knowing Xiaofang before this to maybe know where she might have taken off. I think it has potential.
8) Xu Jing. Not sure if we could trust anybody but Jing to do this.

Baltika9

Arcane
Bros, why are having Lingshu and Yifang on the Xiaofang Hunt with us? We need a savvy and skilled detective, not the Justice League.

Well, you are voting to put Fu on duty question the girl and the servants, and our other detective is locked for being with Cao'er... Song and Yifang actually do have some sleuthing experience of a sort - ie, hunting down criminals in the adventures they had in Chang’an - and the three of us should be able to cover a lot of ground.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nevill

Arcane
Well, you are voting to put Fu on duty question the girl and the servants, and our other detective is locked for being with Cao'er...
It is kind of strange to use that as a reason. She wouldn't be if you don't vote for that.

And assisting the constables in hunting criminals and apprehending ruffians is slightly different from searching for the secret agent of the eunuchs, as the latter requires something more than just brawn.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Look, bros, give it to me straight, I can take a punch-
Did we taste some of that duck at all?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This city will know the fierce wrath of the tiger, the intense trollishness of man and the utter pig-headedness of... pigs! If that is what it takes to have some duck, then that's what it takes to have some duck.
And I ain't voting on the investigatorum because I have complete faith in the rest of y'all*.

*Voting to maintain a tie and use voting as a means of screwing stuff and whatnot excluded.

Baltika9

Arcane
Well, you are voting to put Fu on duty question the girl and the servants, and our other detective is locked for being with Cao'er... Song and Yifang actually do have some sleuthing experience of a sort - ie, hunting down criminals in the adventures they had in Chang’an - and the three of us should be able to cover a lot of ground.
It's better to send Jing alone on such a sensitive operation. Putting them together, while covering a lot of ground, will give all the rats that we're after enougb warning that we're coming. Having them together on a task like this is just wasteful.

Nevill

Arcane
So, uh... As OCD as I am, I have decided that it would be a good idea to create a spreadsheet to tally the votes easier.

No, I have a life. Why are you asking?

Last changed: 22:35 GMT 04.04.14

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
It's better to send Jing alone on such a sensitive operation. Putting them together, while covering a lot of ground, will give all the rats that we're after enougb warning that we're coming. Having them together on a task like this is just wasteful.
Esquilax's plan is good, however, since he only assigned one task for Yifang and Lingshu, for it to work exactly as he outlined he needs to convince 80% of the voters to flop. This is not happening. Therefore, if you don't like a particular task for a character, you should come up with another and try to outvote the one you feel is inferior.

I'll flop to this plan for the time being:

A7,8
B2,6
C1,5
D3,7
E2,7
F5.7
G3,4

If Lady Suien becomes assigned to 7 by some miracle, I'll think about keeping the girls out of it.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
What I'm saying is that it's better for us to do 7 alone than take the Justice League along with us. Having Yifang on 6,8 and Lingshu on 2, 3/4/8 is a good idea, but not both of them on 7 with us. That's just asking for a harder job.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
What I'm saying is that it's better for us to do 7 alone than take the Justice League along with us. Having Yifang on 2,6 and Lingshu on 2, 3/4/8 is a good idea, but not both of them on 7 with us. That's just asking for a harder job.
What does Yifang has to do with Du Yao's daughter?

Lingshu on 4/8 is a terrible idea. Why do we want her talking to Du Yao's underlings? He is a criminal lord, his activities are of a shady sort, and you want her of all people to conduct the interrogation? As for the chief, didn't we agree that if Jing is to go alone, Zheng might become more talkative than if he would bring constables or companions with him?

Interrogating the servants is not much better, but at least they are not directly involved in the criminal activities around here... I hope. I am all for having several people hande such things.

Baltika9

Arcane
Haha, my bad, mixed my numbers on the phone.
I meant Yifang 6,8 and Lingshu 2, 3/8. It'll be more productive than having Lingshu on 7 with us, she doesn't do subtle.

Nevill

Arcane
I meant Yifang 6,8 and Lingshu 2, 3/8. It'll be more productive than having Lingshu on 7 with us, she doesn't do subtle.
Well, we don't know how the search will turn out. Maybe there is no need to be subtle.

I will not have Jing go into this alone. Somebody will have to accompany him.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom