Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Anabanana

Augur
We didn't have ties to Tufan before this, though, and it was something that he thought would be important to us before he knew that we were even going to the tournament, so I don't think that's likely. And he did say that there's trouble in the Eight Sects.

All in all I think I like the look of B2 as well. At least we'll find out a bit more about what's going on.

asxetos

Augur
I flopped to A. Since treave mentioned that Shun's quest had to do with the Fire Cult and we are already here, why not check it out?

Tribute

Arbiter
Actually. It wasn't exactly super important to him. He thought it'd be of some importance to you, which is why he called for you. It's the other way around. Gao Ying was being sly.
Oh, okay, I can just blame Gao Ying now.

profreshinal

Arcane
I don't think we can stealth around Vairya. Last time we tried that he spotted us without effort.

flopping to B4>B2

Last edited:

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Ugh. We'll never unlock Secret Shun points at this rate. I'm quitting forever! Also I demand a redo.

B2>A>B5

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Yes, my statements are already out here so I'll clarify.

As I said, talking with Shun would have given you a new reason to visit the Fire Temple, which is not the quest he was giving, but both the task and this are connected to the main plot. Whether to take the risk of going in, though, is up to you.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I don't think we can stealth around Vairya. Last time we tried that he spotted us without effort.
We were sitting in one place for a while, and he had nothing better to do. The Fire Temple is big enough, and Vairya is but one man.

I think it's doable.

We didn't have ties to Tufan before this, though, and it was something that he thought would be important to us before he knew that we were even going to the tournament, so I don't think that's likely. And he did say that there's trouble in the Eight Sects.
Oh, I forgot that part. What would be important to us personally involving the eight sects? Are those bastards making a move against one of our friends? Maybe they really are going after the old man and the nun. Now we don't even know where to head out first.

Kipeci

Arcane
B4 > A

I'm not going to say much more except for that I'm disappointed with this result. Just at least try to think with your head in the future, alright bros?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
We were sitting in one place for a while, and he had nothing better to do. The Fire Temple is big enough, and Vairya is but one man.

I think it's doable.

It is. The Amesha Spenta would not be the only ones you need to worry about though. :troll:

Anyway, I suppose I need to lay back on the unexpected consequences for a good long while.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
I have never before regretted this much sleeping late. I was going to wake up early and come vote in favour of Shun, but I decided to sleep couple hours more and then hit the gym. And then I find out the voting is over and B won by one vote. If only I had woken up when I planned...

Anyway, that's two votes in a row that I disagree.

B5.

ScubaV

Prophet
If I had known the princess was in another castle I would've voted A also. This sucks all around.

Anabanana

Augur
Actually. It wasn't exactly super important to him. He thought it'd be of some importance to you, which is why he called for you. It's the other way around. Gao Ying was being sly.
Oh, okay, I can just blame Gao Ying now.

You know what, I can't even blame Gao Ying for it. He probably wanted to find out whether or not we're a true bro to Shun, whether we would help him just because he needs it, not because it's something that is important to us personally.

And now he knows!

I can't even muster the energy to fuck people anymore.

Anyway, I suppose I need to lay back on the unexpected consequences for a good long while.

I think people interpreted that choice as a straightforward Yunzi points get choice while there was definitely room for doubt whether or not she would go back to the Fire Cult. This is probably a good lesson for us all to remember: what Jing thinks will happen isn't necessarily what's actually going to happen. So I can't really legitimately complain about the way that choice was worded.

At the same time, this is a result that absolutely nobody is happy with. If this is meant to punish the Codex for thinking with their collective dick, it's definitely effective, I guess. This was a test of Jing's character, and he failed spectacularly at it. At least that's the view I'm taking so I can sleep easier tonight.

Anabanana

Augur

Huh. Yeah, good point. And we haven't exactly taken stealth upgrades since then, have we? Think I might flop back to B2 in that case.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Anabanana said:
You know what, I can't even blame Gao Ying for it. He probably wanted to find out whether or not we're a true bro to Shun, whether we would help him just because he needs it, not because it's something that is important to us personally.

And now he knows!

While this breakdown is highly entertaining to watch, I'd like to point out that Operation: Immortal didn't help Jing in any way, nor was the life of the Emperor important to him personally.

But I would not dare to distract people from grieving the sudden loss of trust by Gao Ying.

Kipeci

Arcane
Anyway, let's move on to what the choices are now rather than the stupidity that just happened. I think B4 is a pretty alright option with the chance to experience and maybe learn some powerful martial arts. We can't do the thing for Shun, so why bother heading back for right now?

Esquilax

Arcane
You can always count on Nevill to make a bad decision and not admit that he was wrong. Or to not see someone else's side on issues. While I also voted for Yunzi last choice, can we at least agree that it was not an optimal decision here? Can you at least compromise on that? Fucking please, Nevill, please be willing to compromise for one fucking second. I'd appreciate if you didn't spin this into some sort of success here.

Anyways, Anabanana, while our base skill at Stealth sucks, we have our qinggong and Kagemi to boost it all the way up to 7. Xsaora Vairya saw us pretty easily back at the Fire Cult vs Eight Sects showdown, but that was also because he wasn't distracted. In this particular situation, my impression is that whatever business they have will keep them occupied for the next little while. I'm pulling out some crazy speculation here, but I think that they're trying to restore Ahura; we know that the Cult has been regrouping ever since the events that occurred two years ago, and I don't think that they've been completely idle here.

There is a feeling of uneasiness in the air; you can see it on the faces of the Amesha Spenta. Somehow, you feel that it is nothing to do with your presence here… there is something else.

You think you might have an idea of what would disturb them so.

“How is your Lord Ahura, by the way?” you ask.

The silence is so thick that you could cut it with a knife.

“Xu Jing…” warns Vahista, his eyes blazing. “Please leave now. There will be a time when you can pass our gates and be our guest, but now is not that time.” You can feel their killing intent rising… if you stay here for a second longer, you will likely be killed.

This is the best bet for what's really going on. Since his body and qi are a complete wreck, I think that they are either trying to fix him... or make him like us, since his meridians are shattered.

I am still not sure what to vote for, but I am inclined to agree with Kipeci that if we aren't doing Shun's mission for now, we ought to seek out some rare and powerful martial arts. To that end, B4 does seem pretty interesting.

Anabanana

Augur
Anabanana said:

And now he knows!

While this breakdown is highly entertaining to watch, I'd like to point out that Operation: Immortal didn't help Jing in any way, nor was the life of the Emperor important to him personally.

But I would not dare to distract people from grieving the sudden loss of trust by Gao Ying.

I realize this amazing discovery that other people have different priorities and interests than you must be highly fascinating, Nevill, but really. Get your head out of your ass. If that's the way you think about friendship, like it's some kind of checklist or quota of favours, hooooooo boy am I glad that I don't know you in real life. Just accept that you fucked up and STFU, thanks.

Anyway, let's move on to what the choices are now rather than the stupidity that just happened. I think B4 is a pretty alright option with the chance to experience and maybe learn some powerful martial arts. We can't do the thing for Shun, so why bother heading back for right now?

Chance for beggar network, man.

Anyways, Anabanana, while our base skill at Stealth sucks, we have our qinggong and Kagemi to boost it all the way up to 7. Xsaora Vairya saw us pretty easily back at the Fire Cult vs Eight Sects showdown, but that was also because he wasn't distracted. In this particular situation, my impression is that whatever business they have will keep them occupied for the next little while. I'm pulling out some crazy speculation here, but I think that they're trying to restore Ahura; we know that the Cult has been regrouping ever since the events that occurred two years ago, and I don't think that they've been completely idle here.

Oooh right, yeah, that sounds more like it. Thought that 3 sounded weirdly low. Hmmm. I might keep my vote conditional, then.

As for powerful martial arts, we might get closer to learning the rest of the 18 Dragon Palms if we become friendlier with the beggars.

RealDDc

Learned
If fate is trying to keep the two of them apart, why would she be about the third or fourth named character Jing sees in the CYOA and why do they keep on running into each other all the time at places like the tournament and the house of ghosts? We meet up rather frequently for two people based in entirely different countries a great distance away from each other.
Her role is reserved for a histrionic final. The moment they find together is also the moment either of them or both are to breathe one's last. Or she is a demon that fell in love with a mortal, leading to equal results.

Most filmed Wuxia I watched tend to have their Yunzi. By chance she can be revived for a happy end, but in treaves CYOA that won't happen without a adequate price.

And worst of all, shes so lovely. :negative:

It is been a while that we had the chance to wander about without a absolute certain goal or reason, and I've missed that.
B4>B1

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom