Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yeah.

It seems to me that C is as close to staying out of it as it gets. I'll flop to that.

BC.

As for the first choice, one of the ways telling the half-truth could backfire remarkably on us is that BJ might consider the information we give her not important enough to hide it from Madam Nie. She is playing for both sides, currently. If Madam Nie knows who Shun was, she can piece it together faster than BJ would. OTOH, telling BJ everything would let her have an advantage on her shifu and shimu that she might not want to give up.

Then again, she might decide to do the opposite and tell them straight away in the hopes of being put in an even more profitable position. Still don't want to risk it.

Last edited:

Akkudakku

Arbiter
A>B, C>A
In the second choice C seems to give us better gains, so yeah changing my voting prefference.

Also it's funny that you accept Kashimir's arguments of the bat, but mine not when we basicaly said the same thing.
:negative:

Elfberserker

Liturgist
A>B, C>A
In the second choice C seems to give us better gains, so yeah changing my voting prefference.

Also it's funny that you accept Kashimir's arguments of the bat, but mine not when we basicaly said the same thing.
:negative:

Naah.
You basically argued that we shouldn't help him, because he is murderous bandit.
Kashim slippers reminded the rest of us retards that we have big group of orthodox buddies with us and we shouldn't be so quickly to help Pang, because of that.

Edit: I flop to AC

Last edited:

Jester

Arbiter
Alternatively, you could have talked to Madam Nie, drawing her interest to yourself and away from Xuezi, or talked to the Huashan Twins, which would have earned you an invite onto their boat, or to Nie Wuxing, trolling him so much that he asks you to be there just to keep an eye on you.
:rage:

vote CB

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Current tally. Only counted Absinthe flop vote in second option.

Kipeci A>B, A>B
Absinthe A(anything else, but 2A)
Akkudakku A>B, C>A
Elfberserker AC
Lambchop19 A>C, C>D
Tigranes AD
Baltika9 A>B, A>B

Kashim slippers BA
Tome BD
Nevill BC

Eryfkrad CA
Kz3r0 CC
Fangshi CB
Grimgravy CB
Jester CB
Tribute CC
Rex Feral CC
Grimgravy CC

Total Tally:

First optiom:
A: 7
B: 3
C: 8

Second option:
A: 3
B: 3 (4)
C: 8 (9)
D: 2 (3)

Absinthe is your vote okay?

Edit: Kipeci flop added

Edit: Tribute vote added and Absinthe vote fixed

Edit: baltika flop added

Edit: Lambchop19 added

Edit: Rex ferals flop added

Edit: Grimgravy and Tigranes vote added

Edit: baltika flop added

Last edited:

Kipeci

Arcane
Okay, I'll flop for A>B A>B then.

It's better to fight the Little Tiger than it is to fight his buddies, I think he cares more for the life of his underlings than his own safety as demonstrated in the update.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Okay, I'll flop for A>B A>B then.

It's better to fight the Little Tiger than it is to fight his buddies, I think he cares more for the life of his underlings than his own safety as demonstrated in the update.
In before the Twins are taken hostage.

C has the chances of entangling Pang in the fight so he cant run from Bai as he tries to help his cronies. Also I beliefe Twins will get caught if we dont help. The tropes, follow the tropes!

TOME

Cuckmaster General
I still think it's a mistake to jump in BJ/Pang fight with our arm. It's not fully healed yet and shouldn't be used against master-level pugilists. Doctor's orders and everything.

Baltika9

Arcane
Considering that we're fighting with BJ, Little Tiger will be a piece of cake between the two of us. And, really, we ought to work on our alliance with BJ.

Nevill

Arcane
I don't care about the twins, at least not enough to turn up fighting with BJ.
Might be the stuff that gets us the invite on Nie's boat. Though it may be too late for that.

And, really, we ought to work on our alliance with BJ.
So, sabotaging her fight and making her master displeased with her is your idea of working on the alliance, then? :)

Baltika9

Arcane
Yeah, I'm flipping to 2A, since 2B is a retarded idea as Kashmir Slippers said. Better to capture him, turn him into the Imperial Guard and make sure Shun hears of this from us. If Little Tiger lives that long.
I have a feeling that he learned something about the Court or zhangs that he wasn't meant to, or took something of theirs (like a legendary manual).

Last edited:

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Uuh guys...

I am texting this with phone and no chance to use computer till tommore , so updating tally is too difficult for me right now.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
How are the imperial guard going to hold him though? Or better question, who are these imperial guards if they can put Pang Xiaohu on the run?

Baltika9

Arcane
I wouldn't worry about them losing our murderbro once Jing and BJ subdue him. And yeah, I'm curious about their identities too.
Did Shun assemble some kind of hardcore new regiment? Or are these zhang Clan guys?

Tinfoil hat: disguised Black Dragon Society mercs.

Baltika9

Arcane
Bros, anyone open to flop to 1B 2A, subdue Little Tiger alongside BJ and share some info? Don't really see the point of C, to be honest. So we go with the Nie twins to subdue ten bandits that they can, in all likelihood, handle themselves, instead of developing our working relationship with BJ.

Nevill

Arcane
Our relationship with BJ is build on mutual benefit. I don't see how our assistance would benefit her. She can handle herself, and worst case scenario, we'll be stealing spotlight from her.

Telling her the information she seeks - I can see that. Not messing up her mission - sure. But do you really think she needs help in a fight?

I am still pretty open to any of the options except D, but your reasons don't really feature on my list of factors affecting the decision.

Baltika9

Arcane
Because there can't be any relationships without interaction, and as it is (CC is winning), we are having none. It even feels to me like we're pushing her away (no exchange of information and no fighting together).
Moreover, Little Tiger is the main target here, and dangerous, while the regular bandits are not really that big of a deal.
That, and this is wuxia. Nothing builds friendships like fighting together.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

wtf is this chat window on the bottom of my screen?

If we reveal that we fought an immortal, we'll also be revealing the sword isn't real - because how could we have defeated an immortal otherwise? Unless we were at Xuezi's power level, which Bai knows we are not. Bai's INT stat is pretty high as we learned from how easily she figured out our WQS.

So, for the first choice, I recommend an all or nothing approach.
1A>C
The second choice...well, do you have to ask?
2C>D

Nevill

Arcane
There are more people voting for sharing information with BJ than those who wish to stay silent. If they can't coordinate - well, the Dex gets what the Dex deserves.

As for the interaction, I still want an in on the Nie boat, and I've been pushing for the Twins so far, so the choice makes perfect sense to me.

As for the sword - what would make anyone think that the real sword can kill immortals? We didn't know it, and the immortal herself was surprised. Why would Bai suspect anything? It does not point to the identity of the sword one way or the other.

Besides, no one is supposed to know how powerful the immortals are. Even Shun was caught off-guard despite all the research he did. Why can't we banish one, as far as Bai is concerned?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom