Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Thanks for offering to ensure the CYOA gets delayed for a couple more weeks. :lol:

But... eh... not really in the habit of receiving gifts. It would be nice, but I have to think about this for a bit. In between thinking about the next updates, of course. Yeah.

Absinthe

Arcane
It's all cool with us if you delay the CYOA, especially if you want a break. There's no pressure here and you've already done a lot.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
She has plenty, I just don't go into detail about it.
Yeah, but no named characters. I wanted us to get a pair of matching snakes. It would be so romantic.

Ah, we'll just have to postpone it untl the wedding. But we'll definitely get one there, right? Right?

Since we are currently tied for the second choice, I think I'll vote 2A to resolve it. It sounds like an incredibly bad idea to travel openly with Wuxing, what's with the zhang clan getting more desperate by the minute and Qingfeng&Lanhai getting closer to where their children are held, not to mention that we are less likely to pay a surprise visit to the BDS if they know we are here. And that is before considering that we still have no idea what to do with Vairya when he shows up, and it is kind of late to change the course once we've decided to make a journey.

On the other hand, I am very interested in interacting with our supposed enemies. We have neglected the 'other side' for far too long. I want to see what that was about:
On the other side of the hall are Nie Wuxing and his followers, collectively glaring at you. Zhang Minyue is with them; she has dropped her chopsticks in surprise, her mouth agape. [...] Nie Mudan and Nie Shuixian whisper amongst themselves, darting suspicious glances at you.
I want to properly talk to Su Liaojing and Liu Qi, for once (I wonder why the former was shooting glances at Gao Ying - where did he know him from?). And I want to see if our new arm won't start slapping BJ on the ass on its own. I mean, it was a commonly shared sentiment among the elders, and we kind of promised.
"Unfortunately, we can’t interfere directly with other sects, or I’d give that Bai Jiutian a spanking to loosen his spine a bit.”

“Perhaps I can give it on your behalf,” you offer with a sly grin.

“Oh?” Fangzhang’s eyes gleam. “Now that would be interesting to watch.”
And if all our socializing will amount to is a big poof, well. They can't all be winners. :)

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Flopping to 2B because of the negatives Nevill described and because I don't want them spying too much on our group or offering Qilin am easy way out of Maniac Training.

I trust Bro Fu and his bros to keep an eye on them.

Baltika9

Arcane
She's asking for Maniac Training.

We must take the necessary precautions so that Madam Nie doesn't strike in her moment of weakness! :tinfoilhat:

Last edited:

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Eh, fuck it ( again)

I flop to 2A.
I have wanted to talk other orthodox buddies for while now.

Nevill

Arcane
I wonder, though. Does the fact that no one seems to recognize the Emperor of China have anything to do with everyone having to cast their eyes downwards when in the presence of royalty?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Most people will live out their lives without even seeing the Emperor from a distance. He can pretty much go incognito almost anywhere he wants.

Also, forgot if I mentioned this, but the only people who recognized the Xuanyuan Sword would be you and Shun. Su Liaojing knew the Emperor but he wouldn't know the sword.

Nevill

Arcane
Most people will live out their lives without even seeing the Emperor from a distance.
Which brings up the question where Su Liaojing knows him and his shadow agent from. He is not a person of the court, is he? Even Wuxing, involved as he is with the eunuchs, does not know what the Emperor looks like. Normally, a mere disciple from Kunlun would have no way of crossing paths with royalty.

Was he the one conducting the gunpowder business? Even so, I do not expect that Shun sees to every deal in the Empire personally.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The winning options appear to be:

A. You take the Sword Saint’s arm. Freely offered, gratefully taken. You will not let his gift go to waste, of course. The arm of a pugilist as powerful as he is will likely grant you a great boost to your martial ability.

A. You summon two Amesha Spenta. (pick only two)
I. Vairya.
IV. Ameretat.

A. You train Qilin personally.

and Azira's flop should also mean a win for:

A. You will travel together with Nie Wuxing, under the excuse of delivering the Xuanyuan Sword together, as promised. Perhaps you can find out more about their plans by being in closer proximity.

Is this correct?

ChumBucket

Augur
So we took the choices that further demonstrated our open association with the fire temple to the Orthodox sects? I suggest we ready a ball-gag for this one.
:troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom