Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
None that Chi Tianxie knew of.

Absinthe

Arcane
Does he have any idea what changed her so much? Or is it possible she was playing him from the beginning?

Can we discuss the matter of Wudu poisons benefiting Huashan with Chi Tianxie? The poisoning of the previous sect leaders? The presence of Wudu Canshui Poison on Rong Zhiyu who just returned from Huashan and then tried to poison his own father?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The only way you could have found out more in that infodump was if you agreed to marry Qilin.

Tribute

Arbiter
So… she chased me, I fought her… and somehow, after a few years, we just… got together. I left the Wudu Cult to be with her. We had a little cottage out in the woods. Things were happy, for a while. Of course, someone wasn’t, but who cares about him? About a year after you were born, she seemed to be worried about something. Her behaviour changed a bit. She became colder. Sharper. She was always a fiery, clumsy woman, but afterwards…
Why are we trying to give one of our girls the Jiuyin manual again?

Not sure what you're talking about. Fedoras? I'll have you know that Nie Wuxing is a total gentleman, who was trained personally by the legendary Huashan swordsman, the Southern Gentleman.
Is that supposed to be impressive compared to being trained personally by the legendary Southern Maniac? +M

Baltika9

Arcane
Tally:
Baltika9 x B
Rex Feral A>C B
Kz3r0 A C
Absinthe B>C>A B
Tigranes A B
XenomorphII A B
TOME x A
Kashmir Slippers C A
Akkudakku x B
asxetos A B
Elfberserker A B
GreyViper A B
Nevill A B
Grimgravy B>A A>B
Azira B A
Esquilax C B
Fangshi C>B B>C
Jester C A
Chumbucket B B
Tribute B>C B
Lambchop19 A A>B
Ganymede C B
The Brazilian Slaughter A B
Smashing Axe A A

A- 11
B- 7
C- 6

Post-flop

A- 11
B- 7
C- 6

A- 7
B- 16
C- 1

Elfberserker

Liturgist
hmmm.

If I recall this right didn't Lord Zhang Jue kill the Southern gentleman? And Nie Wuxing seems to have distrust towards Sword Saint.

Is it just me or are three of them connected deeper than we know of? Or is Nie just pissed that we are discpline of man who killed his master?
I have no idea where I am going with this, but my paranoid radar is starting to go off.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Yes, as a young maniac of twenty he killed the Gentleman at the Huashan Summit and took the South title.

Let's all hope history doesn't repeat itself with another maniac killing the jianghu's most reputable gentleman at Huashan.

Tribute

Arbiter
Oh, he was that kind of Southern? I do remember ZJ having straight-up ended whoever his predecessor was and landing the title that way.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Good thing that Hueshan has next young reputable gentlewoman in line, if we kill Nie wuxing.
I think we are starting a tradition here sirs or at laest continuing one.
:troll:

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Yes, as a young maniac of twenty he killed the Gentleman at the Huashan Summit and took the South title.

Let's all hope history doesn't repeat itself with another maniac killing the jianghu's most reputable gentleman at Huashan.
So Nie taught Manxing the ways of gentleman!

Baltika9

Arcane
Good thing that Hueshan has next young reputable gentlewoman in line, if we kill Nie wuxing.
Killing a Huehueshan gentleman will be a Fire Cult coming-of-age requirement.

Tribute

Arbiter
Killing a Huehueshan gentleman will be a Fire Cult coming-of-age requirement.
Do they at least have to make sure the victim is a total asshole first?

That could go a long way to making Huashan more likeable.

"Don't be a dick because it could get you burned to death."

Baltika9

Arcane
Doesn't matter. Kill the men and add women to our members' harems (the second coming-of-age requirement is to have a harem of at least three women, one of them must be from Mount Hua).
Huashan will become a sub-sect of the Cult in two generations.

Tribute

Arbiter
Doesn't matter. Kim the men and add women to our members' harems (the second coming-of-age requirement is to have a harem of at least three women, one of them must be from Mount Hua).
Huashan will become a sub-sect of the Cult in two generations.
I don't think that would do much good for our relations with the Bro Sects.

I'd rather completely destroy his reputation and public standing, personally. Making him a laughingstock and an object of derision would be more fitting to Xu Jing style, and more amusing in general.

Last edited:

TOME

Cuckmaster General
I'll change my xA vote to keep one sword. I guess it's AB at the moment?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Yangzhou or Taoying

Seriously? Really? You’re giving me the sword?” Lingshu is stunned at your offer, clutching at her sleeves as she eyes the Chixiao Sword.

“Don’t make me say it twice.” You hold out the sword to her. She is utterly ecstatic, for some reason. Taking the sword, she thanks you profusely before throwing her arms around you in a tight hug that squeezes the breath from your lungs. “T-that’s not being very lady-like,” you croak.

“Oh, you deserve it,” says Lingshu as she flashes a radiant grin. “It… means a lot to me that you’re willing to hand over such a priceless treasure, just so that I can work on getting Qingcheng back.”

You think you hear Cao’er murmuring something about number five, but it is probably just your imagination.

With the Qixing Longyuan back in grateful Wudang hands, you were left with the Yuchang Sword which you had carried around for years now. Since Emei has designated you as their representative, you plan to use it as your way in, to enjoy yourself at the conference.

The day after, Xiahou Yu returns to Yangzhou. You travel to Yuhua Hall together with Shun to pay him a visit… and also to get the money that they owe you.

“You look well, Your Majesty,” bows Yu politely. “And it has been too long, Jing.”

“Sorry,” you say, “Palace politics give me a nasty itch, so I prefer not to hang around the capital too much.”

Shun laughs. “Is that why you used to scratch vigorously together with the chambermaids? Anyway, where is your wife and her servant? I do not see them around.”

“They are at the marketplace. Chanfeng is picking out the dishes for dinner.”

You whistle. “That woman’s really settled down. I’ve got to hand to you, my scholar friend.”

With a depreciating chuckle, Xiahou Yu shakes his head. “It is better if she doesn’t get involved in any further violence. She can become rather… unstable. I’m helping her forget about the past, but it is still a work in progress.”

“Have you heard about the user of the Chengying Sword?” you ask.

“Oh, I have. The sword itself matters little to me, but the wielder, on the other hand… well, let’s just say it is interesting that the blade resurfaced in the hands of the Zhang clan,” replies Xiahou Yu. You can hear a slight tinge of vengeful anger in his voice.

“Keep your emotions in check, Xiahou. I have reminded you before that Zhang Minyue is a poor target to start with. Do not approach her. Now, what of the matter that His Majesty requested you to investigate?” interjects Gao Ying.

Xiahou Yu gives him a calm stare – the two still do not get along well, it seems – and says, “I was about to get to that. Your Majesty, it was impossible to find out anything from the scholars currently on Taoying Island. Their lips are tightly sealed. I felt it rather strange and suspicious, to be honest. Investigating the servants further, however, there is a possibility that the host might be someone who identifies as Lady Ji’s sister.”

“Lady Ji of Luoying Manor. As I suspected. What do you think about this, as a former fellow of Luoying? Is it plausible?”

“I… would not know. She did not seem like the sort to have any family. Or at least, any living family. Your Majesty, please reconsider your visit.”

“I have to agree with Xiahou Yu. Please reconsider, Your Majesty.” Gao Ying adds a word of support, cautioning Shun. “I do not think it wise to put your royal personage in potential danger. Remember, your father did burn down Luoying Manor. This may be a trap.”

“You might die,” you say bluntly. “Are you certain about this, Shun?”

“Are you – all of you – implying that you are too inept to protect me?” he laughs. “Well, if I die, then that is all I amounted to. But I cannot run an empire with so-called immortals and deities undermining my rule every step of the way. If it is true that there is such a person involved, I need to meet with them. An equitable discussion is not such a bad idea. My father handled these affairs at the point of the sword. I expect they might find a different approach refreshing.”

“You might die,” you repeat again.

“You are such a nag. I am not too worried about that,” he grins confidently. “Anyway, I have spoken. I, the Emperor. If I have to pull rank to get all of you to listen to my wishes, that is what I will do.”

You know that there is no stopping him once he is fully convinced of his course. There would be no point – Shun has likely considered his options more thoroughly than you have. If he is confident that he will not come to harm, then you will believe him. You will just have to support him as best as you can.

Qi Liuwu and Jiu Mou arrive a couple of days before the conference is due to start, bearing some bad news with them. It seems that the Beggar Chief has decided to make the first move. Knowing that Qi has been attempting to undermine his alliance with Nie Wuxing together with Jiu Mou, he has declared the both of them enemies of the Beggar Sect. He had also found out that they would be in Yangzhou, and even now he was leading an army of beggars from the north to invade the city and destroy Qi Liuwu’s base of support.

On his part, he seems determined to make a stand here; he is not letting anyone push him around anymore, and here he has the manpower to put up a good fight. The arrival of the beggar army would coincide with the Ten Swords Conference; thanks to your commitment there, you will probably miss out on the beggars’ civil war.

“Don’t worry about me, kid. With those kicks you taught me, I can handle myself in a fight. Besides, Mou here is pretty good too,” chuckles Qi Liuwu as he deftly brings a gourd of wine to his mouth using his feet. He has passed on to you the Xianglong Eighteen Palms' full set of moves; you were still unfamiliar with the latter half, but for now, you have memorized every stance the technique has to offer.

“Perhaps I should stay here instead of attending the conference, Master Qi,” says Murong Yandi. The Sword Saint’s disciple had been travelling with the former head beggar, to your surprise.

Qi Liuwu shakes his head. “No, no. Nie Wuxing is going to open his big braggart mouth and spew nonsense all over the table. We need as many people there as we can to shut him up. Don’t worry about me. Go to the conference.”

“What about your master?” you ask. There was no sign of the Sword Saint at all. “Is he not coming?”

“Ah, my master is feeling… a little under the weather,” says Murong nervously. “He is currently resting in a small hut outside the city… he says the city air disagrees with him.”

“Is that so?” murmurs Zhang Jue. He stands up, glowering down at Murong Yandi. “I will go keep him company, then. This better not be another excuse of his to duck out of a fight…”

“You are really a battle maniac, aren’t you, Jue?” says Qi Liuwu.

“I would pay you more attention had you still kept your arms, Master Qi,” sneers Zhang. “Do not be jealous. After all, what use are my techniques if I cannot test it on a worthy opponent?”

After almost strangling the location of the hut out of Yandi, Zhang leaves, presumably to check on Shangguan Chuji.

“By the way,” you ask, “has your master ever taken in a female disciple?”

“No,” replies Murong Yandi, puzzled. “Not that I remember. I am his sole disciple.”

“Really? I met this girl the other day, by the name of Zhang Minyue. She’s claiming to be the Sword Saint’s disciple, and she knew at least one of his moves.”

Yandi’s face scrunches up in perplexity. “That can’t be. I have no recollection of… wait, Minyue? Yue? Xiaoyue? Could it be…”

“Yes?”

He brightens up, having found the answer. “I remember now. Xiaoyue! She was with us a year ago, but as a servant. My master has never been one to tidy up after himself, and it was getting tiresome. I complained to him. I’m not sure where he picked her up from, but he showed up with a girl one day and said that she was going to wash our clothes, do the dishes, and take care of the cooking. At first I was worried that he'd kidnapped her from somewhere, but the girl assured me that she came willingly." He pauses for a while, looking concerned. "She wasn’t an actual disciple, though. We never officially taught her anything.”

“Perhaps she stole some of your master’s moves,” you suggest.

“Perhaps.” He shrugs. “Master Shangguan has always been rather careless with his techniques, to be honest. You saw it for yourself. It doesn’t really matter to us. As long as she uses it for good and not evil, we will say nothing. More importantly, she really wasn't kidnapped, right? Right?”

It seems that that is what he is more concerned about.

"No," you shake your head, being careful to keep a blank expression. "No. I don't think so."

Given the impending confrontation between the factions of the Beggars’ Sect, you wonder if you should have any of your friends assist Qi Liuwu and the beggars, instead of accompanying you to the island. Song Lingshu will definitely be going with you as the new wielder of the Chixiao Sword, while Xuezi has insisted that she be taken along. That left…

Qilin:

A. You have her stay behind to use her connections, poison expertise, and trapping skills to aid Qi Liuwu.

B. You bring her with you to Taoying Island. You would feel safer with her around; her wits and skill at detecting poison might be invaluable.

Cao’er:

A. You send her over to the Sword Saint to check on his condition. If he really is sick, Cao’er will definitely be able to do something about it. Improving his health should be one of your priorities.

B. You bring her with you to Taoying Island: she will not be very happy if something like the incident in the palace tunnel recurs to keep you two apart, and her ability at healing could save lives in an emergency.

Yifang:

A. You have her talk to the nuns, to enlist their aid for Qi Liuwu. Though they would usually not be willing to interfere in an internal dispute of another sect, Yifang might be able to coax them into changing their minds. She would have to stay behind to consolidate their support, however.

B. You bring her with you to Taoying Island. Her swordsmanship is extremely good, and if it comes down to a fight, having her around would be a great boon.

Yunzi and Armaiti – the Earth Amesha Spenta cannot leave the Holy Maiden's side:

A. You have them stay with Qi Liuwu, for extra firepower.

B. You bring them with you to Taoying Island, for extra firepower.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I'm not accepting any "can we squeeze this and this into one choice so we can let so and so go here and there' requests for this one. Take the choices as they are.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
AAAB

Cao'er is a no-brainer.
Qi Liuwu needs help but we can't send Yunzi and Armaiti because that would put the beggars in even worse situation. How are they going to be taken seriously if suddenly the (still) evil fire cult fights besides them. So Yunzi and Armaiti comes with us.
That leaves Yifang and Qilin to help with the civil war.

Last edited:

Esquilax

Arcane
B: Given the history of poison use that Nie Wuxing has, Qilin is a no-brainer. She's no stranger to politics either. It should also be a nice way of letting her know we want her by our side, as a bonus.
A: The Saint is the baddest motherfucker in the Conference, and if Nie Wuxing has any legendary techniques under his belt or some tricks up his sleeve, we need the raw power he brings to the table.
A: We need to aid a BRO like Qi Liuwu.
A: We've got the Saint, Song Lingshu with the Chixiao Sword and ourselves with the Yuchang Sword. I think we are fine as far as firepower is concerned. Having the Fire Cult aid Qi Liuwu and his disciple might be a great way to repair relationships with the orthodox sects.

BAAA

Akkudakku

Arbiter
BAAB

Keep your enemies close and your (future) wives closer.

Sword Saint needs a phisical exam it seems so send Cao'er over. If he doesn't care for the Conference - fine, at least he will help the Beggars. And if the Nuns are not going to the Conference either - then can help the Beggars too.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Oh my.

Qilin goes wherever we go.

The Saint is likely all right and just chilling. But it might be a good move to send Cao'er just in case.

Yifang would do more good here, enlisting the nuns to Liuwu's aid.

Yunzi and Armaiti are not really an obvious choice and they might make matters harder since they are of the Fire Cult. Still, you don't look a gifted horse in a mouth.

treave, do I understand correctly that the Saint is not going to the conference and we will be leaving Cao'er behind with him if the option wins? Murong Yandi is going to be the wielder of Zhanlu sword.

Or will he attend?

Last edited:

TOME

Cuckmaster General
How are the votes counted? This could end in clusterfuck if it is not the most popular combination.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom