Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LP Choice

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
After about 30 hours of roaming F3 subways looking for a meaning I decided that maybe, just maybe, there was none. That got me thinking about other games and the LP threads that I have been reading here. I figure if I start a LP I'll keep my focus even when it gets a little dull.

So I ask the always sensible, well measured, and insightful Codex crowd if I should do a LP of one of these games I have access to:

Ultima 3 - 7
Savage Empire
Starflight 1/2
X-Com
Fallout 2 - With Killaps additions or Megamod - I reran F1 a couple of months ago.
Fallout 3 - really I would
IWD 1/2 + additions
BG1/2 + additions
NWN 1/2 + additions
Divine Divinity
Witcher Enhanced
RTW - EB (not RP but still cool)
Sacred
Gothic 1/2 - never bought 3
Some GoldBox madness
KQ/SQ/PQ - I'm sure I can find them or a remake of some sort.

I would say I have finished about half of these but they would be worth a replay.

Now for some preemptive replies:
Because I asked.
Your Mamma!
That's not what your sister said...
Tijuana is fun for the whole family.
Yes, it is actually hard being this awesome.
And I'm sure you just have a wide stance.
The Codex - Where dreams go to die...

Zomg

Arbiter
A Gold Box LP would probably be good remedial RPG nerd education for the forums.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Do a Fallout 2 LP as a melee focused retard character. At least then there will be some good lulz. Most LPs turn out boring fast if it's just nothing more than a walkthrough with screenshots. If you really want to make a good LP though just download an emulator and make one for Final Fantasy 8. LPs are always best when you're playing a game that's easy to make fun of.

Please don't do a Fallout 3 LP, it'll be quickly ruined by skyway's constant bitching.

Zomg

Arbiter
There are a million FO2 LPs all over the fucking internet, everyone on the forum has played it, and it's also completely terrible. There is simply no crappier LP choice outside of the Final Fantasy series.

Murk

Arcane
first post too, huh? yeah i'd opt for something with room for some LOLing

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Yeah FO2 is done to death I know. I keep hoping the mods breath new life into it. It's been abour 3-4 years since I played it though so the urge is coming back. And I was joking about FO3. I bet what you guys really want is a KoToR LP.

I started with Curse of the Azure Bonds and never played Pool of Radiance. Of course that is no hindrance to playing the game these days - I'm sure its out there. I'll look around.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
SimpleComplexity said:
Play the Witcher, i need to see it with my own eyes if it`s shit or not.

Your fooling no one. You just want pics of the nekked ladies.

PorkaMorka

Arcane
Champions of Krynn - a few interesting changes from generic D&D and you get to start the series with the more up to date engine that's much more user friendly - IIRC POR had some UI features that were very annoying compared to every other gold box.
or
Savage Empire - Martian dreams made for a great LP so this could be good too.

Ghoulem

Erudite
Do one with RTW and the EB-mod. I love RTW, and LPs can be real fun if you make some crazy ass in-game strategical decisions in both combat and on the worldmap and then make a perfectly reasonable explanation to why you did it which isn't included in the gameplay.

Kavax

Scholar
Ultima 7, and try to fuck the game up and do all the funny stuff (Kill Lord British, rob the bank, become a druglord, sex in the buccaneer's den, etc.)

Alternatively, play through Fallout 2 using only throwing weapons (Without the balance mods from NMA) and being as evil as possible. Evil of the chaotic stupid variety.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
There's something wrong with your caps lock button, CF. Maybe you accidentally pressed it and forgot to turn it off again.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Don't ask people for suggestions, "should I play this, should I play that?" If you want to do an LP of a game, do a fucking LP of a game. Just do it. Don't start bullshit threads like these.

Also: Fallout 2 comes after Fallout 1. It's been proven chronologically.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom