Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Lost Soul Aside, an Action (Open world?) Indie JRPG

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

apparently it's made by a single guy (or at least a small team) but it looked super impressive. you can see it's low budget from the wacky facial animation and voice acting, but the gameplay looks ultra impressive

Jinn

Arcane
This looks like it will be really good. I'm assuming it is, but I hope it is a PC release.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Combat looks closer to something by Platinum or Capcom than Square at least. Jpop look notwithstanding. It looks great though, I'll play it if it ever comes out.

---

Arcane
The developer (Yang Bing):
Hello everyone,thanks a lot for supporting me so much,I'm really glad to see that people like it.
I has been working on it in full time for two years and feed myself by doing freelance things, and actually my plan was to release the trailer as the end of fulltime development and find a full time job then continue it in part time with a really slow speed,maybe ten years or more.
My plan should disappoint you but by that way I can be less stressful, it's kind of selfish but just as Kazer said in the end scene, it's just for saving myself.
I really haven't expected there are so many people like it which makes me hesitate to do as I planned. Actually a bit stressful right now.
This may disappoint you but I can't tell a lie that the game will come out in another 2 years.
Maybe there will be some opportunity in the future allowing me to finish it within a team or in full time. But right now I'm tired and want a rest.
Sorry for disappoint you guys, and thank you again for encouragement.
There will be updates though.
Thank you again.
Lol, combat system looks better than FF XV's one:troll:

Looks like a low budget FF15.
Low-budget?
This looks better than FF XV:martini:

Last edited:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Does look like a fun brawler, and the visuals remind me of Chaos Legion, which had a lot of style as well. Though I'm guessing it's gonna have some cringeworthy writing and voiceovers. Well whatever, won't even matter unless it's getting a PC release.

Also that quote sounds like dev-speak for 'this is vapourware now, I got bored and kinda want to finish because I feel invested but really I'll just slowly forget about it until nobody cares any more.'

Hyperion

Arcane
Looks like a low budget FF15.

Nah, nowhere near 15. 15 is an ADHD Dragon's Dogma clone from what we've seen so far.

This is more like NieR, Devil May Cry, or Bayonetta with young, Asian Hannibal Lector as the protagonist.

Martius

Liturgist
Honestly I am not sure if it is close to DMC. Maybe its because of flashy effect which make it hard to tell whats exactly going on.

Last edited:

---

Arcane
Lost Soul Aside Solo Developer Received More Offers from Publishers, Facing Tough Choices

Lost Soul Aside
developer Yang Bing impressed many with the trailer of his game, which he has developed all by himself in two years in Unreal Engine 4.

After the reveal of the trailer, publishers like Sony and Epic Games contacted him, and apparently more are coming, including a large one, with some offering to give him a team and a budget to complete the game as a commercial product.

Yet, he’s currently facing a difficult choice, as he is not sure if he is ready to engage in two to three years of tough development. He also mentions that it’ll take him some time to make a decision.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/08...-offers-from-publishers-facing-tough-choices/

Tehdagah

Arcane
Made by one person? Where did he got the motion capture and voice acting?

Mustawd

Honestly I am not sure if it is in close to DMC. Maybe its because of flashy effect its hard to tell whats exactly going on.

On second viewing I actually tend to agree with you now. The bloom and the random camera angles make it hard to follow the action. Just a blur of bleeding colors and nauseating zoom in and out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hyperion

Arcane
It is?!

Tell me more!

:shittydog:

Go over to the FFXV thread, other people have posted gameplay videos. I doubt we'll be getting to customize our allies the way DD allowed (class, enemy + quest knowledge, etc).

There was even a quick video of the party in what looked to be an abandoned warehouse in total darkness except for Noctis' flashlight on his belt. Obviously not the first game to have a 'dark level,' but it certainly looks like they're using the same nighttime mechanics when a lot of the battle mechanics look similar. I've definitely noticed combos, in the vein of a Fighter using Springboard, or holding down a Saurian. D-Pad commands that will tell the other guys to rush forward, or come to you.

Just a whole lot of small things that really seem to add up into trying to be like Dragon's Dogma. I'm sure they'll 'borrow' a bunch of features from Xenoblade as well, since it was so successful.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom