Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lost Ark Online

made

Arcane
Anyone still playing this? I've been away for a year and was showered with honing mats upon return that took my main straight to 1370. Game seems all but deserted though.

deama

Prophet
I had to quit it cause the bastards don't want to add in linux support.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Anyone still playing this? I've been away for a year and was showered with honing mats upon return that took my main straight to 1370. Game seems all but deserted though.
Still clearing raids once a week, but I took a break around Brel release due to work. Mostly just hanging out with the friends I made in LA when it came out. Waiting for Brel hard, will likely gonna clear it once and then quit, cause at that point new challenging content will be very scarce.

I haven't logged in in a year as well, but everyone says it's filled with bots. There's also talks that the international version has less features than the asian one? Besides the oopsie with the bans.

made

Arcane
I was playing it as
I haven't logged in in a year as well, but everyone says it's filled with bots. There's also talks that the international version has less features than the asian one? Besides the oopsie with the bans.
I was playing it as a single player game anyway with occasional matchmaking for guardians and such. I guess I'll make another alt and finally finish up some of the islands without interference from other players.

Zeriel

Arcane

The bots have been a problem since a few weeks after release. However, as there are less real players now, it has become much more of a problem visibly for the average person I suppose. At this point it is like 90% bots to 10% players, if not more of a worse ratio.

Nelka

Educated

The bots have been a problem since a few weeks after release. However, as there are less real players now, it has become much more of a problem visibly for the average person I suppose. At this point it is like 90% bots to 10% players, if not more of a worse ratio.
i remember the last ban hammer reduced player base by about 30% xD
Anyway, game is very enjoyable, it's just a shame it relies so much on alts and daily chore

Reever

Scholar
Patron
it's just a shame it relies so much on alts and daily chore
This is what killed it for me. Which is a shame because the abyss dungeons and raids are really enjoyable. But not enough to put up with all the other garbage.

Last edited:

made

Arcane
it's just a shame it relies so much on alts and daily chore
This is what killed it for me. Which is a shame because the abyss dungeons and raids are really enjoyable. But not enough but put up with all the other garbage.
I'm definitely enjoying it more now that I stopped stressing out over doing all the daily homework across all alts.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
unless u got a set group to play with each week, the game sucks ass for casuals, becuase of how hard it is and how much gatekeeping there is.
will take u alot of time to get groups and get going.

raids were a smistake

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I'm definitely enjoying it more now that I stopped stressing out over doing all the daily homework across all alts.
Same. I stopped playing around christmas for about ~2 months due to being busy with other things, and got back into it when my guild and old static were already clearing Brel 6 regularly. I still managed to get to 1555 in about a month of playing again, and I decided to simply not play any of my alts anymore, just a single character. You can still progress and do all content, even if you don't follow the "need 6 gold characters and 6 lopang slaves, do 24 chaos dungeons a day" etc. bullshit.

Seconding the fact that without a solid community via your guild or friends, the game is a lot more lackluster. Thankfully that's not a concern for me, and it makes the game very enjoyable even on a limited schedule of playing ~1hr max, 3-4times a week, with a single ~2hr session for Brelshaza clears.

ADL

Prophet
If you decide to give it a try, consider using the korean client. The western release is heavily pozzed.
"Put up with tons of lag and bullshit monetization in a Korean MMO on top of committing identity fraud because they made a pale character tan and made some titties smaller"
Schizo behavior unless I'm unaware of being able to use the KR client for Western servers.
Heard this game is a massive failure
It recovered and is mostly doing fine aside from 2/3rds of the player population being RMT botters which you can ignore for 99% of the content in the game. That remaining third of legitimate actual players is still massive and would put it on Steam's top 100 most played games on a random Tuesday Can't comment on PvP but they are doing jump-start servers on Wednesday.
https://www.playlostark.com/en-us/news/articles/jump-start-server-update

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Heard this game is a massive failure
It recovered and is mostly doing fine aside from 2/3rds of the player population being RMT botters which you can ignore for 99% of the content in the game. That remaining third of legitimate actual players is still massive and would put it on Steam's top 100 most played games on a random Tuesday Can't comment on PvP but they are doing jump-start servers on Wednesday.
https://www.playlostark.com/en-us/news/articles/jump-start-server-update

2/3 of the playerbase are botters and you say the game recovered? cool story

That remaining third of legitimate actual players is still massive

lol

strong cope

for years i was a massive fan of this game but lets be real they fucked up

ADL

Prophet
2/3 of the playerbase are botters and you say the game recovered? cool story
2/3rds of the playerbase are botters and the remaining third alone would land it on the top 100 CCU of Steam. That's the definition of success. 39,638 players at peak today. Any publisher in the world would sell their souls to the devil to have those numbers two years post-launch.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
I know about that but how do you use the Korean client? Can you even use the Korean client with English?

If you like negroes and the people who worship them as ADL does, then well, the western version is always an option. Its good for about 100 hours of play. I know some people get really into it. I never could though. It is fairly aggresive in it's time requirements and monetization to skip said requirements. Some amazing boss fights though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom