Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lost Ark Online

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
pvp is one of sh1ttiest aspect of this game
constant - and i mean constant - stun-locking each other and poor class balance.

git gud

Keep shilling, bro.

Promoting shitty game, which is horrible even for Korean MMOs (which it is, it is Korean MMO with all anime trash, heavy grinding for hours, oversized (tm) swords, no balance between classes and boring grind grind grind).

Played it in Russian server, all people who started with me left in month, because of insane amount of grind needed and lack of interesting content.

edit: pretty sure you just work for devs or just paid for promoting this crap on different sites.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Europe version or USA? Cause I heard it may still work in europe version due to them not being able to implement the win 10 geolocation spyware feature due to laws.
I used the regedit fix someone posted one or two pages ago. Works like a charm on Win7. Couldnt play Alpha/Beta despite getting Invites.

Game feels nice, if theres one thing the Koreans always get right then its the presentation. Audio and Visual presentation is amazing, animations are fluid and look great, sound feedback is well done as well. Nothing like big-ass epic looking spells that sound like shit or epic abilities that look like shit cause western devs don't wanna put an epilepsy warning on their games. Koreans say "Fuck that, lets make it epic!" and actually deliver. Who needs a branching exciting narrative or a big-ass writing team budget to make games evoke emotion in their players (and fail 99/100 times anyway cause theyre all hacks), just make the game actually fun to play. Worked for BDO, worked for Lost Ark. Game will probably be dead in the west due to the RNG upgrading system, same as BDO, but that's one thing that'll never change with Korean MMOs.

Having a good time overall, hopefully it'll last for a while. I know what I'm getting into when I play a korean MMO, so dunno why anyone expected anything else. This wasn't promoted as a D4 or PoE clone, becuase it isnt. It's an MMO, and as such it comes with a bunch of the downsides all korean MMOs have to western games, as our MMOs have evolved into a different direction.

Imagine being butthurt about a korean MMO playing like a korean MMO and having grinds and RNG upgrade systems, when those are a staple of the genre. Next thing you know they'll complain about the guns and locked camera mode in their FPS.

Sykar

Arcane
Cannot believe that Amashit is behind the EU publisher game. Don't think I want to support that shit stain company by Bezgrift.

so cant believe it but this finally came to europe

are you playing?

Nah was thinking about getting a founders pack at the last minute but nah, not giving Amazon a dime, never used their delivery services, never bought anything from the store and never payed for the streaming. I try to avoid as much of big corporations in general as possible.

Im seeing some people are running it on Win 7 Sykar

I got Win 8.1 though.

Puukko

Arcane
This thing seems to be free to play for few days on Steam (? Or is it just a pre-load if you buy the thing? I dunno, I don't understand what's going on, but the basic version looks cheap enough.) RPGDivision has just done a vid and is streaming it, and it looks like it might be some kind of ARPG. Rather spiffy-looking graphics-wise. Downloading it now (big d/l, like 70 Gigs or something).

We've got a thread for this on the first page lol.

The servers are chock full and the f2p launch today will likely result in very long queues for the weekend. They've already locked down several servers for new players but will be adding more today.

I'm having a great time even if MMO leveling is my Achilles' heel meaning I am slower than my guildies. It's a very straightforward experience that always gives you new stuff to do and moves you on to the next area at a fairly rapid pace. You can decide how to you want to level, I've been doing nothing but the main story quests and ad hoc limited time quests while ignoring all side quests, but you can do all of them if you want.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
So how come I see female Gunners, I thought this game had gender locked classes (incline)

female Gunner looks like ass tbh

Puukko

Arcane
So how come I see female Gunners, I thought this game had gender locked classes (incline)

female Gunner looks like ass tbh
It is, but some classes have equivalents for the other gender under a different name, and with some minor differences in skills (to my understanding).

made

Arcane
Kinda hyped for this I don't even why lol. It's prolly shit like all asian grindan MMOs. 1 hour to go!

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
There are 100k people watching Fextralife on Twitch... waiting for the servers to launch. 1h before the launch.

akXWWnq.png

Dr1f7

Scholar
what's with the cabal of streamers/youtubers hyping up these objectively awful games
this looks like some rip off of a mobile game
and everyone knows amazon isn't going to make anything good

they already have the viewerbase, why not hype up actual good games?
like half life 1

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
There are 100k people watching Fextralife on Twitch... waiting for the servers to launch. 1h before the launch.
Those aren't actual viewers. Fextralife embeds their stream onto every single wiki webpage they have, so about 99,9% of the viewers that twitch is counting, are just people browsing on one of the many wiki-sites for one of the many games they cover. That's why even with 80k viewers, chat is completely dead. It's a great scam, honestly. Gets them lots of publicity and good sponsorship deals, because they can claim high concurrent viewer numbers even though none of them are actually watching the stream.

Game had 1.2mil peak viewers on twitch on release iirc, probably gonna beat that number today.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
what's with the cabal of streamers/youtubers hyping up these objectively awful games

no, you are an idiot

the production standard is unparalleled for both MMOs and ARPGs

PvP formats are great, dungeons are great. The real weak point is the levelling grind but that sucks in every game since Diablo

Dr1f7

Scholar

no, you are an idiot

PvP formats are great, dungeons are great. The real weak point is the levelling grind but that sucks in every game since Diablo

meh, it has dailies and cash shop
infinite grind 'end game'
habit forming psychological manipulation the crux of decline
that's all I need to know to pass judgement, really

Sykar

Arcane

no, you are an idiot

that's all I need to know to pass judgement, really

I guess most MMOs from the 2000s until now are a "phone game" then.
:nocountryforshitposters:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

can you imagine

just like any MMO ever

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom