Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Lords of Xulima Indiegogo Campaign Funded with 5 Days To Go

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Indiegogo; Lords of Xulima

Indiegogo campaign for turn-based isometric RPG with first-person combat Lords of Xulima by Spanish developer Numantian Games have reached its first goal of $10,000 with just 5 days left to go.

UPDATE 9 - SUCCESS!

You did it!

You've helped us reach our first goal with five days left in the campaign! We are extremely grateful to all those who contributed and we are very excited that we'll have additional resources to help us make Lords of Xulima an even better game.

Please help us make the most of the final days of our campaign by continuing to spread the word about Lords of Xulima. We look forward to fully showing you our gratitude by providing you with an awesome role-playing game.

Thank you very much for all of your support!​

You can still contribute to the campaign, as well as towards the $20,000 stretch goal (introducing a special new enemy and quest plus additional portraits) by following this link.

You may also want to check out the latest updates -- having to do with traps, lockpicking, and weapons -- by clicking here.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Awesome, was thinking they would fail but would have kickstarter to compensate, but I'm glad to be proven wrong.

Will a kickstarter campaign still happen?

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Awesome, was thinking they would fail but would have kickstarter to compensate, but I'm glad to be proven wrong.

Will a kickstarter campaign still happen?
My thoughts exactly. Congrats to them being successful on IndieGoGo. Are there examples of successful IG campaigns then going to Kickstarter?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Congrats, now do for a kickstarter campaign for the rest of the goals.

Grats!
Glad i backed this. As others said, i hope you go to Kickstarter as well. I wish for a good a game as possible :)

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Yes! As for Kickstarter, I am pretty sure they will do it. They stated in the original thread that they are a bit disappointed in how the indiegogo campaign is going, but they hope for basic $10K and then to go for Kickstarter.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Pretty glad to see this happen.
Kickstarter\crowdfunding in general hasn't proven to be the best bet for studio's first games, but I hope every bit helps them out.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Pretty glad to see this happen.
Kickstarter\crowdfunding in general hasn't proven to be the best bet for studio's first games, but I hope every bit helps them out.
They should probably start with some modest goal, like 30k and see where it brings them. Their stretch goals at indiegogo were ridiculous (in terms of money) and I hope they realized that. I mean, it is not the game that can appeal to wider audience (aka Sui Generis with their fancy RT combat system).
I mean, graphic is robust but crude. Story will be perceived generic however they try to convey it (standard fantasy). TB mechanics. No famous name or franchise on board, and all that.

There was a very promising Kickstarter from Spain that try to get more (The Dark Triad), and failed miserably.

EDIT:

I just hope they will not go the way of "hey, we got 15k on indiegogo!, Let's go for 150k on Kickstarter!"

Also, I backed it for $30, and I am happy they made it. But caution and awareness of their own weaknesses on the global market is highly recommended.

Last edited:

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Their minimum amount on Kickstarter should be equivalent of the amount that they require too meet the next stretch goal (after the cut that Amazon and KS take for themselves).

P.S. they should also have everything prepared and worked out in advance. Marketing (contacting e-zines for news and interviews, making forum topics, twitter/facebook/everyfucking social network in existance, steam greenlight, official page, everything) and the campaign (nice pitch video, good description with a lot of nice images, made-in-advance stretch goals that will be gradually revealed and posted in less than an hour after the current one is met, frequent updates, narrated walkthrough videos, interviews of their team members, conversing with people on KS page).

Last edited:

stony3k

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Congrats! And I would also support going for a Kickstarter next, AFTER proper groundwork

Dorateen

Arcane
What are the chances of revisiting the Main Protagonist design concept? As in giving the player the option to create the full party from scratch. You can still keep Gaulen as a pre-generated character for those people who want that.

Stabwound

Arcane
Makes you wonder if this is going to make any difference whatsoever. $10,000 pledged and they had 13 stretch goals going up to $250,000... and didn't even meet the first one, let alone the 13th one. The game looks good to me, but indiegogo + flexible funding with such a very low target looks sketchy as fuck to most people I think.

jdinatale

Cipher
From what I understand, the game was getting made regardless, and this is just bonus money to try to get some additional features.

Numantian Games

Numantian Games
Patron
Developer
Thanks to all !

The IndieGoGo dashboard tells that a 20% of the pledges come from RPGCodex and RPGWatch.
(Personally, our two favorites videogame portals)

So again, thank you very much for your support!
:greatjob:

And by the way... wait for our next update... we have a new great announcement to reveal...

So they're taking it to Kickstarter too. I'll follow that campaign daily while cheering for them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom