Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Lords of Xulima Indiegogo Campaign Begins

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, pledging was less of a hassle than i thought it would be. Pick a pledge, enter an email and straight to Paypal. Bam.
Only I hate Paypal... :/
In ~5 years of using PayPal (or more?), I had exactly once a situation in which it failed me. They locked the account after I had signed in from multiple different machines in a very short amount of time. I had to do that (don't ask) and to them it seemed like someone got my password. That got resolved after two days. Never had another problem.
And seriously, if you want to help fund the project, help fund the project. Wtf?

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
I hate PayPal too. I will not create an account on anything else than kickstarter.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Kb46zx5.gif

Update #4 and #5: Enemies and the tactical combat grid

drae

Augur
$10,000 is very likely, I would say. After 2 days they are at $3,500 already.

After 8 days they're on $5,400. Looking at the comments, they're considering relaunching on kickstarter:

Numantian Games said:
In the case of Fontriers, the difference between the two platforms is simply awesome (15X !!). It is very difficult to foresee what would happen with Lords of Xulima if it were launched in Kickstarter. It was very complex for us to use Kickstarte, so we gave an opportunity to IndieGoGo. If the result of this campaign is disappointing, we will try again to launch it in Kickstarter and if finally we could, we will confirm or refute the influence of the crowdfunding platform choice.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I still think they'll will reach $10,000 'til October 18.

Numantian Games said $40,000 would be a real success. This is a bit hard to reach. They'll need more news bits on major sites for this.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
$10000 would probably count as "disappointing" for them, and with good reason. Before they kick off a Kickstarter campaign, though, they really should try convincing a few people in major gaming media to cover the project. Otherwise not even the KS platform is going to help them. Publicity matters and all that.

They should also try to get cboyardee and other members of the indie community to tweet about their project. I've already made Brian Fargo and Obsidian to do so, which helped a bit, I hope.

Just curious, how come people don't like this?
Personally, i love the way exploration, puzzles and interaction with the environment looks, but i can see why people might not like the combat.
To be honest i'm not even sure myself.

jdinatale

Cipher
I'm very disappointed. This is the first game I have ever backed, but it looks like it might not even get funded. If it doesn't get funded, are they just not going to finish the game? Or will they finish it regardless of funding and maybe just have less features?

I'm pissed because it probably isn't getting funded because they didn't advertise their campaign well enough. I only found out about it by pure chance off this forum.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I believe they're still going to finish it (fingers crossed), but obviously they won't have the means to polish it as necessary or add any further features. Or at least that's the way I understand it - I may be wrong, of course.

Just curious, how come people don't like this?

It's not because people don't like it (obviously some do and some don't) -- the chief problem is lack of exposure. Before they can decide whether they like it or not, people need to know about the game and the crowdfunding campaign in the first place.

Numantian Games

Numantian Games
Patron
Developer
jdinatale, Crooked Bee:

Hi!
Lords of Xulima will be released regardless the result of the crowfunding campaign. The goal of the campaign is to improve the game adding some nice elements like an original sound track, more content and more languages. Anyway, the core and the essence of this game won't change. So don't worry.

About the exposure. You are right. It is very difficult for a new small videogames company to catch the atention of the media. We have send tons of PR emails, sometines we are published and many times we aren't. Even we have contracted a PR agency. We are working hard to improve our exposure. Also, we think that IndieGoGO is being quite disapointing.

Thank you to all of you who have contributed or helped us to share the campaign with others.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
If the indiegogo campaign isn't successful you should really try kickstarter. You're definitely gonna get funded there, and with some good PR you could get much more.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Actually, I would advise them to do just that even if the indiegogo campaign is successful.
Moar money, better game. Well, that might not actually be the truth, but you catch my drift.

P.S. That way they will also increase their chances of getting some additional publicity, so two birds with one stone.

Last edited:

laclongquan

Arcane
@Numantian Games a word of advice: Make two/three female characters portraits. And two to three female enemies class. sexy outfit. sexy poses.
Do an update solely of those. Sex sells, so in the case of limited art resources, focus those resources on females.

I know, I know. Purists and hardcorers sniff at that tactics. Fuck them! Limited resources demand effective actions that bring results.

kaizoku

Arcane
Actually, I would advise them to do just that even if the indiegogo campaign is successful.
Moar money, better game. Well, that might not actually be the truth, but you catch my drift.

P.S. That way they will also increase their chances of getting some additional publicity, so two birds with one stone.

^

I believe some other games did the same.
First IGG then KS.

I think IGG also suffers a bit of "cheap" look. I don't mean the projects, but the overall thing.
KS is the cool hipster thing every geek wants to be part of. IGG is like "meh... cheap KS clone, fuck those losers" -- even when in truth they even appeared before KS.

Numantian Games

Numantian Games
Patron
Developer
Yes, please don't give up on the attempt to make this even better, try kickstarter! :)

That’s right. We hope to reach the $10.000 goal in IndieGoGo, and then try to launch a Kickstarter campaign and continue with the next goals. As we said, our main goal is the original soundtrack (although we would love to work in the “Dungeon of Torments” in the new rogue-like game available with the last goal ;)).

Also, Kickstarter by itself would bring more promotion to Lords of Xulima. In IndieGoGo, Lords of Xulima was the fifth most popular game and didn’t bring us more pledges...

Maelflux

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
It looks pretty damn cool! I await the KS launch and will be a day 1 backer there for sure :)

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I would like to back this, but I've never used indiegogo before. What are the available payment options?

Numantian Games

Numantian Games
Patron
Developer
MicoSelva and others:

You only need a credit or debit card.

Paypal manages the transactions but you don't need to have a Paypal account or register in IndieGoGo.
(Of course if you have a Paypal account you can use it to pledge).

Thank you very much for contributing!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom