Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Looking for a specific RPG

Apostle Hand

Liturgist
Batshit Crazy
Are there some rpgs where you can play as dark knight
you know blackguard, antipaladin and all that shit

Humbaba

Arcane
NWN has antipaladin I think. You can also play Hellknight in that new pathfinder game I've been hearing so much about.

Aemar

Arcane
MM7, black knight as the second promotion for knight (evil path).

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Are there some rpgs where you can play as dark knight
you know blackguard, antipaladin and all that shit

I think Overlord is an ARPG focused on being just that. It might just silly but KoTOR would fit nicely if you're playing as a Sith. Not only do you are technically a knight you also get special powers which get stronger based on how evil you are.

Lurker47

Savant
What's an antipaladin?
A paladin for an evil or dark God. You might say "well isn't that just a warlock" but the kind of contract made and the magic system used is different. And a warlock doesn't necessarily need to make a pact with an evil God, they're just kind of known for doing so (even D&D has some non-evil patrons now.)

alighieri

Educated
Tales of Maj'Eyal has a few classes that should fit the dark knight or anti-paladin theme. However, it is a roguelike at its core so don't expect a complex storyline or well-written characters.

Lurker47

Savant

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
What's an antipaladin?
A paladin for an evil or dark God.

That would be still a paladin, just because you disagree with his beliefs doesn't mean he's not standing up for them
Well, I've never heard "antipaladin" before. I just assumed they meant "blackguard" or "dark paladin." I don't think an "antipaladin" is actually a think, much less a distinct entity from a "blackguard."

Antipaladins go all the way back to the 1980s and a bunch of pen and paper RPG systems had them.

Lurker47

Savant
What's an antipaladin?

That would be still a paladin, just because you disagree with his beliefs doesn't mean he's not standing up for them
Well, I've never heard "antipaladin" before. I just assumed they meant "blackguard" or "dark paladin." I don't think an "antipaladin" is actually a think, much less a distinct entity from a "blackguard."

Antipaladins go all the way back to the 1980s and a bunch of pen and paper RPG systems had them.
Then I stand corrected. What is an antipaladin?

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
What's an antipaladin?

Then I stand corrected. What is an antipaladin?

It's a paladin for evil gods. In D&D terms they are a chaotic evil champion. In AD&D people had them have opposite powers so detect good instead of detect evil. Harming hands instead of lay on hands.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
It's a paladin for evil gods.
Well... Then that's just a blackguard or a dark paladin... So that's what I said originally..... :retarded:

You specifically said antipaladin as well. Blackguards and dark paladins came after the antipaladin. Zoomers think they know everyting.... :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom