Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Looking for a nice crpg to play.

• Thread starter Mebrilia the Viera Queen
  • Start date

hivemind

sorry but crpgs are shit

play aod and if you are done with that there is nothing else left just to wati for colony ship

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Pillars? i already own it and i was relally disappointed about it.. i think obsidian attempted to create so hard to copycat D&D in the end they can change names but races are still: Human Elf Half-Orc Halfling and genasy...
Also i dislike josh and his overbalancing way of things i remember when the game first came out with idiotic things like flying creature affected by ground oil based traps or spells.. or the fact you could blind creature with no eyes... All because josh dislike immunities....

Was pretty retarded if you ask me...

Now i know that codexian have vary different preference and groups when we are talking about rpg..

I noticed some people focus more in the combat and the strategic elements of gameplay other instead are looking for a nice narrative engaging quest and good writing and lore...

I think the perfect rpg should have both of those things.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Because it was released in 2004, and I've only reached April 1999.

And yet, you have played Oblivion (2006). :smug:

Nice blog you've got, but I was disappointed by your coverage of the BG1 companions. Are you gonna do Tiax soon?

Gotcha, bitch. So now all ya' got is cheapshots. :lol:

I think you have misunderstood. I was merely politely ignoring your cheapshot by asking about your blog.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Underrail and AoD are the best cRPGs that have been released the recent years IMO. Although I'm not sure I'd call them "nice". Underrail has a vast and atmospheric post-apocalyptic underground for you to explore with excellent and challenging turn-based combat, where you can try many different approaches and builds, while AoD offers a dark-fantasy world where you can choose your own way to proceed with either persuasion/trickery/manipulation, or very good and unforgiving turn based combat and many different paths/endings.

Also:

Divine Divinity, if you haven't played it. My favorite Larian game. And it's fucking nice.
Wizardry 8: If you wanna try 1st-person, that's my recommendation, I really love this game.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Underrail and AoD are the best cRPGs that have been released the recent years IMO. Although I'm not sure I'd call them "nice". Underrail has a vast and atmospheric post-apocalyptic underground for you to explore with excellent and challenging turn-based combat, where you can try many different approaches and builds, while AoD offers a dark-fantasy world where you can choose your own way to proceed with either persuasion/trickery/manipulation, or very good and unforgiving turn based combat and many different paths/endings.

Also:

Divine Divinity, if you haven't played it. My favorite Larian game. And it's fucking nice.
Wizardry 8: If you wanna try 1st-person, that's my recommendation, I really love this game.

Yes i am really thinking i will get those two... They look rather interesting. Bear with me i am just wishing to have some good old quality back in my rpg... Heck luckily there is still developers that make good ones.....

Zlaja

Arcane
If you've already played them, I'd wait until you can get Elex on a sale

1ztbgp.jpg

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

thank you guys nice suggestions over here you been really helpful.

AetherVagrant

Cipher
Patron
Yeah, unfortunately you've already played most of the good games that meet your criteria.

Drakensang: River of Time is decent, shares deep lore with the rest of the Dark Eye games, but ffs make sure you set up an "increase movement speed" hack.

Blackguards is more of a strategy game, but is good, (also Dark Eye setting)

and I reiterate Divine Divinity. Bear with it past the first town and you'll be rewarded with a huge open world, choices, and plenty of fucked up situations.

Gregz

Arcane
I already own:
Baldur's gate all the saga,Icewind dale all the saga, Planescape Torment, Pillars of eternity,Avernum Series,Arcanum,Divinity original Sin one and two.

I already have nwn2 and mask of the Betrayer i am curious about age of decadence tough also underrail sounds promising even if recently i am more in to dark fantasy.
  • Temple of Elemental Evil w/ Circle of Eight mod
  • Wizardry 8
  • Divine Divinity
  • KOTOR 2
RPG Codex Top 70 PC RPGs

Last edited:

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

So for now i will get Age of Decadence and Underrail keep the suggestions coming.

Cael

Arcane
Add another vote for Realms of Arkania. It is actually pretty good, once you get past the rather BRUTAL character/stat system.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Have you checked out Serpent in the Staglands? It's not necessarily for everyone, and some can't stand the upscaled pixelated look, but at least there's a demo.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
if you end up playing realms of arkania, there's really no reason at all why you shouldn't witness it in glorious HD

Cael

Arcane
if you end up playing realms of arkania, there's really no reason at all why you shouldn't witness it in glorious HD
I heard they changed some of the gameplay in the HD version? That it wasn't faithful to the old one any more?

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Darklands sounds like it would fit the bill perfectly but in case you want somethings more modern Age of Decandence, Dungeon Rats and Underrail are pretty awesome alternatives too

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
"Looking for a nice cRPG to play" - might as well look for the Holy Grail or the Mandylion while you are at it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom