Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Looking for a lost CRPG: GayBlade

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
PUT ME IN THE SCREEN CAP NETFLIX.

DemonKing

Arcane
The brief glimpse of the RPG Codex forums right near the end of Episode 3 of High Score is the highlight of the episode unless Lord British cosplaying does anything for you. A complete waste of time if you have even a passing knowledge of CRPG history.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
wow, what an utter waste of 40 minutes, where can I get my time back

If you find it then let me know please. I just watched it myself.

You have 40 minutes to cover the history of adventures and cRPGs, you do Sierra and Ultima, but miss LucasArts and Wizardry, and include a tangent (10 min or so) on a gay blobber almost nobody has heard about or played and who wasn't relevant to the field in the slightest. I mean if you want to make a docu on gay emancipation then do so, but don't shove it where it doesn't belong

:rage:

Last edited:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
wow, what an utter waste of 40 minutes, where can I get my time back

If you find it then let me know please. I just watched it myself.

You have 40 minutes to cover the history of adventures and cRPGs, you do Sierra and Ultima, but miss LucasArts and Wizardry, and include a tangent (10 min or so) on a gay blobber almost nobody has heard about or played and who wasn't relevant to the field in the slightest. I mean if you want to make a docu on gay emancipation then do so, but don't shove it where it doesn't belong

5 seconds of googling is going to give you a more comprehensive history of the adventure and CRPG genres than this docu.

The wikipedia articles for these genres hold more information in their fucking summary paragraph than the entirety of this drivel.

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
In a hobo shack due to betting on neanderthal
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Infinitron
DarkUnderlord

The quest to find Gayblade apparently arose from this new Netflix documentary series High Score.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Score_(TV_series)

The third episode features the creator of Gayblade in search for his lost source code.

High Score said:
Episode 3 : "Role Players"

Covers the creation of adventure games and computer role-playing games (RPGs) from their primarily computer-based roots with text-adventures like Colossal Cave Adventure, to graphical adventures like Mystery House and the Ultima series, and into the console RPGs like the Final Fantasy series. Featured interviews include Roberta and Ken Williams, creators of Mystery House; Richard Garriott, creator of the Ultima series; Yoshitaka Amano, artist for Final Fantasy; and Ryan Best, the developer of the LGBT-themed RPG GayBlade.

It's a neat little series about videogame history. It features everyone's favorite RPG Developer Rebecca Heineman and of course Lord British himself alive in the flesh.

Last edited:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
It's not a bad series about videogame history BTW.

Right, except:

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
The third episode features the creator of Gayblade in search for his lost source code.
Wait, this game was so lost a copy didn't show up on the internet until last year, and the creator thinks he's ever going to find his source code? I was curious to see who Citadel of the Dead was published by, but its some one-game publisher that might as well have been Best himself if it weren't for the supposed pay dispute. That source code is long gone barring some lucky break. I wonder if all this hubdrub about the game was just a sad attempt at drumming up interest...?

Codex Year of the Donut

Right, except:

netflix makes nothing but propaganda for homosexuality, transsexualism, and pedophilia

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron

Right, except:

Well it's just a quick dip for the casual popcorn viewer. For old farts like us it's more a well-made nostalgia trip than an attempt at a comprehensive historical account. It also portrays the topic through the minority lens, just like the majority of mainstream documentaries these days - that's why Heineman is one of the main stars of the documentary. You should be used to these minor inconveniences by now.

Last edited:

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
Wait, this game was so lost a copy didn't show up on the internet until last year, and the creator thinks he's ever going to find his source code? I was curious to see who Citadel of the Dead was published by, but its some one-game publisher that might as well have been Best himself if it weren't for the supposed pay dispute. That source code is long gone barring some lucky break. I wonder if all this hubdrub about the game was just a sad attempt at drumming up interest...?

I think this calls for the Knights of the Codex to go on another gay Grimoire-esque adventure to reveal the Truth to all Christendom.

Codex Year of the Donut
netflix makes nothing but propaganda for homosexuality, transsexualism, and pedophilia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/365_Days_(2020_film)

Sicilian mobster imprisons woman, ties her up and makes her watch him getting blown by a whore to make sure she falls in love with him (how could this fail?) and when she does they bonk like bunnies on top of his yacht.

So progressive man...
The film was released theatrically in Poland on 7 February 2020 and was later made available on Netflix on 7 June 202

I understand critical thinking is difficult for you

DemonKing

Arcane

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/365_Days_(2020_film)

Sicilian mobster imprisons woman, ties her up and makes her watch him getting blown by a whore to make sure she falls in love with him (how could this fail?) and when she does they bonk like bunnies on top of his yacht.

So progressive man...
The film was released theatrically in Poland on 7 February 2020 and was later made available on Netflix on 7 June 202

I understand critical thinking is difficult for you

Ha - you got me there - it's indeed a licensed movie they've slapped a Netflix brand on.

Looking at my Netflix list though there is some homegrown Netflix stuff that is pretty free of SJW Propaganda as far as I can recall - Extraction, The Irishman, Kingdom, Black Summer etc

GarlandExCon

Arcane
I just saw the episode and had no idea about this thread or any of this and was like "HOLY SHIT!"

I can't believe they even showed the thread reading this shit LMAO

Here's a picture of what is shown for everyone's enjoyment (sorry for the blur, had to take a pic of my fucking TV because Netflix seems to prevent screen shots):

20200930-044919.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom