Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Longest playing session ?

How long ?

• 5 hours or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6-10 hours

• 16-20 hours

• 21+ hours :kingcomrade:

• Total voters

FatCat

Educated
How long have you played in you longest cRPG session ever ? And what game that was ?

I for one played Morrowind for about 20 hours once.While drinking about 4 liters of coffee.That was vivid and very interesting experience .No surprise i had dreams about that game back then. :love: By the way my character didn't sleep during that time either (role-playing much?)

Destroid

Arcane
Never played a cRPG that long but when I was younger me and friends organised a LAN party that went for 5 days. The longest stretch of no sleep I did there was about 50 hours, but of course I wasn't playing games the whole time.

Andhaira

Arcane
Around 9-10 hours max, during college. Games include KOTOR, KOTOR II, Morrowind, Final Fantasy X.

Elzair

Cipher
For me, it was probably 9-10 hours on random games.

Last edited:

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
GM a session from 8pm to 8am. My players played in nWoD as Nazis in WWII Berlin.

MCA
Jagged Alliance 2. I was going through a very heavy flu which left me unable to sleep so I played JA2 in the bed on a laptop until I fell a sleep some 30+ hours later. And it* cured me!

*: finally sleeping, that is.

But I had longer sittings to play games during summers back in middle and high schools.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
RPG? 4 hours tops, I think. (Arcanum, I guess.) But my longest session was certainly that one time when I played the original Pirates! for 8 hours. My mum got worried.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
2 hours, I think. I usually use some kind of a timer to make sure I make breaks after 45 minutes of playing.

Mystary!

Arcane
I cant play games a few hours a time, takes too long for me to get focused, so I only tend
to play when I know I can put 5+ hours into it. And if I really get hooked on a game, and dont have something important planned the day after, I usually play untill I keel over, so 20+ happens alot.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Back in high school, I played Baldur's Gate 1 for 8 hours during the summer vacation.

48 hours Fallout 2 - getting for the first time to oil rig as a kid, just to get completely owned by big bad boss. Yeah, I sucked at this game.

Baddygoal

Educated
I was expecting this to be heavily skewed towards the 21+ hour side, considering you all need to finish each game 7 times and all...

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
About 6-7 years ago, I had to drive my parents to the airport at 3am, and so I did. Only, when I got home, by 5am, I couldn't sleep anymore so I thought I'd pwn some noobs at cod4. Stopped playing 22 hours later, at 3am. Consumed shitloads of food and drinks in the meanwhile too.

ksjav

Scholar
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014
Didn't really measure it, but somewhere in the region 11-15 with Gothic 2, Risen came close as well(even if ultimately I never finished it).

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
About 10-15 hours for me, which amounts to an all-day session. Haven't done it recently, except maybe for The Witcher II, which I did spend a sizeable chunk of time on during my first session.

Orgasm

Barely Literate
Hmm. In one sitting without breaks aside from shitting...
12 hours circa in Panzer General.

Several 24 hour sessions, cRPC mostly of NWN1.
Though other games are SMAC, CIV4 with FFH, Diablo 1 and 2.

All multiplayer, single player I mostly never last more than 12 hours, but just below that has happened hundreds of times...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom