Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware LOL ELECTRONIC ARTS: The EA Thread

Turjan

Arcane
That's all I know of. I actually get about 80% of my gaming information from the codex at this point.

I don't even vist any other gaming sites than the Codex, cause there's no need for it.

That's basically it, as I don't make any day 1 purchases anymore. I still read other sites, but usually via a link from here. I also read gaming stuff on a different forum I go to, but those are all casual gamers with regard to videogames, so it's a completely different viewpoint (and one I mostly don't share). It serves as some kind of reality check, though.

LivingOne

Savant
Personally, I'd love to see RPS, Kotaku, the Borderhouse, et al. call them out on the fact that they're co-opting the LGBT cause to deflect genuine criticism while doing little to actually, tangibly support it,
Not the ones you mentioned but there's this one

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Read the comments :lol:

lol.png

High-functioning Retard said:
...the only thing he dodged is HOW they'll make the company better.

ZfRP37d.gif

LivingOne

Savant
Oh dear i didn't even notice them at first.Chinese spammers hired by EA or just morons?You decide!

Edit:ah that pic explains something

Dexter

Arcane
Personally, I'd love to see RPS, Kotaku, the Borderhouse, et al. call them out on the fact that they're co-opting the LGBT cause to deflect genuine criticism while doing little to actually, tangibly support it,
There's also this, more specifically targeting exactly that: http://invalidopinions.com/2013/04/06/ea-promises-to-do-better-defuses-criticism-with-lgbt-shield/

Also regarding RPS/John Walker (although it gets a bit retardead near the end): http://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/2013/04/06/john-walker-the-nature-denier/

logicliker

Novice
You guys see this crazy chat transcript with somebody trying to get a refund for Sim City after EA released a Press Release stating that customers could request a refund:

You are now ready to chat with Luke.

Luke: Thank you for contacting EA support, my name is Luke, how can I help you today?

you: Hello, I'd like to request a refund for SimCity as I haven't been able to play it

Luke: Ok im sorry to hear that, can i ask what the issue your having is?

you: Whenever I try to play the servers are down, and the few times I've gotten in I have lost my progress after getting disconnected

Luke: Ok im sorry but we are experiencing issues with the server at the moment and we are hard at work to fix this as soon as possible so that you can play again.

you: I understand that it is something that might be resolved in the future and I would consider revisiting the game, but right now it is unplayable

you: I purchased it yesterday and I've gotten nowhere with it

Luke: Im sorry but we are working on fixing it as soon as possible, im afraid i can only suggest waiting until the server issues are fixed, you can keep up to date on the latest updates on our help site and social media feeds such as twitter.

you: I was told to request a refund by the community manager on the forum. I understand from the terms that it is not normal policy, but they say it can be done in exceptional circumstances

you: As the game cannot currently be played, I feel that should apply

Luke: Ok can i ask how you purchased the game?

you: I purchased it on origin.com

Luke: Ok i will need to transfer you to our Origin team then and they will be able to assist you with your refund, would you like me to transfer you through now?

you: Yes, please

you: Thank you

Luke: No problem, there may be a wait in the queue but i will transfer you through now.

Please wait while we get this chat session where it needs to go.

You are now ready to chat with Shane.

Shane: Thanks for contacting EA Help, EA Games Support! My name is Shane. Could I start by getting your name and email address please?

you *** ***

Shane: Hi ***, how can I help you?

you: Hi, I was transferred here by another chat agent. I'm not sure if the previous transcript is available to you but I was told it was to assist me in processing a refund for SimCity

you: I purchased it from Origin.com yesterday

Shane: I can see your previous chat.

Shane: I understand you are unhappy with the game because of the servers being strained at present.

you: Yes, that's correct. I am unable to play it

Shane: I do understand and at present many people are having the same issue as yourself. We are currently working hard to have this issue resolved as soon as possible so that you will be able to play.

you: I understand that, but as I discussed with the previous agent, Luke, I have not been able to enjoy the game at all since purchasing it. While I understand that refunds are at your discretion, he indicated that you would be able to help me with that

Shane: Unfortunately refunds are not at our discretion. We cannot offer a refund in relation to this issue. This issue is being worked on and it is very unfortunate that it has affected so many people, which we cannot apologize enough for. We are hoping to have this issue resolved shortly so that you and everyone else affected by this will be able to play the game.

you: I am aware that other players have been able to get a refund

you: Per the policy I was directed to previously, they can be given in exceptional cases

you: Paying $60 for a game that cannot be played is an exceptional case

Shane: Did you purchase a digital download version of the game?

you: Yes, it was a digital download from origin.com

Shane: We are not able to offer refunds in this circumstance. I do understand that it is a very serious issue, but it will be resolved soon and you will have full access to the game.

you: I'm sorry, but that really is not acceptable. The product is entirely broken

you: I would be happy to repurchase it at a later date if it becomes usable

you: I've also been kept waiting for quite awhile specifically so that you could help me process a refund.

you: The terms state "EA reserves the right, however, to offer refunds under exceptional circumstances at its sole discretion."

Shane: I am sorry for the delay, we are trying our best to get to everyone as quick as possible. Yes but it these circumstances we can not offer a refund. A fix is being completed on the servers and it should be up and running within the next few hours. I can complete troubleshooting with you to speed up your connectivity to assist you with gaining access to the game if that's ok with you.

youN o, I will take the matter up with my bank. Thank you

Shane: Again I am very sorry and the issue will be resolved soon. Is there anything else I can help you with today?

you: Is there a supervisor I can talk to?

Shane: We don't have supervisor escalations through chat, however we do have a supervisor system through our phone support. The number to call is The number to call is 866-543-5435

logicliker

Novice
And this one: http://pastebin.com/mFMt375v

1. Adrian: I am sorry for any inconvenience that this has caused. I can offer you a 15% off coupon from Origin with your next purchase.
  2. Adrian: I am sorry, but I can not offer you a refund.
  3. you: Why can't you offer me a refund?
  4. you: Your product is defective
  5. Adrian: Return Policy
  6. you: I can call my bank and have the refund done that way.
  7. Adrian: I can offer to assist you with any trouble shooting issues.
  8. you: Why can Amazon users get refunds but I can't?
  9. Adrian: That is understandable, but I must inform you that if you choose to dispute it, your account will be banned.
  10. Adrian: I am sorry, but I can not speak on another company's policy.
  11. Adrian: Now this just released.
  12. you: I am at a loss of words
  13. Adrian: So the servers are having issues, with more servers opening up as other countries release then we will show these issues resolving themselves.
  14. you: Yes, but it is not capacity demand I am debating
  15. Adrian: I can understand this causing frustrations and I do apologize for this.
  16. you: Your servers are not the issue
  17. you: The game/back end is
  18. you: "Game updates" are not an excuse to hide behind
  19. Adrian: I am sorry, but I am not able to process a refund.
  20. Adrian: Is there anything else that I can assist you with?
  21. you: You were offering refunds according to your press release!!!!
  22. you: In response to the launch day trouble Hatam said " If you regrettably feel that we left you down, you can of course request a refund for your order at http://help.origin.com/contact-us , though we are currently still in the process of resolving this issue. "
  23. you: Why lie??
  24. you: I have done nothing wrong in expecting what is quoted.
  25. Adrian: That is correct, that this is where you can request a refund, but as our policy is stating it is also the our discretion to process a refund.
  26. you: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/210/9330019.page#top
  27. you: Process a refund.
  28. Adrian: As I stated before, we are not able to offer a refund.
  29. Adrian: Is there anything else that I can assist you with?
  30. you: This chat text goes viral.
  31. you: Thanks

Angthoron

Arcane
Tbh I kinda pity those support guys, since they get all the shit while the devs and the suits are nicely protected behind them. It's not like they have much to do with the company policies.

And hey, they don't seem bot/Indian outsource this time.

LivingOne

Savant
There's also this, more specifically targeting exactly that: http://invalidopinions.com/2013/04/06/ea-promises-to-do-better-defuses-criticism-with-lgbt-shield/

Also regarding RPS/John Walker (although it gets a bit retardead near the end): http://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/2013/04/06/john-walker-the-nature-denier/
And another one:http://pcgmedia.com/moore-money-than-sense/

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
EA said:
If you regrettably feel that we left you down, you can of course request a refund for your order at http://help.origin.com/contact-us
I love this bit. "If you're unhappy with the product, you can of course request a refund. We're not going to give you a refund or anything, but if requesting one makes you feel better, go ahead!"

deuxhero

Arcane
Who the hell voted EA for worst company anyway? You had bank of America in that same list, a rotten institution that has been ousting people out of their homes with the speed of Cleve's vault-co blogposts.

And are these fucks ever gonna tank? They've been leaking money since TOR went to the bottom of the ocean and spent more money on BF3 and 4 marketing rather than the development of these games. I can already see the comments about BF5: Due to production costs every household in the PRC needs to own a copy of Battlefield 5 if we are to break even.

We've been through this: BoA has shown they don't give a shit about getting the poo. EA throws a royal fit.

deuxhero

Arcane
Ah, the famous white knight steps forth once more. Wasn't this the guy who acussed some guy of something or other rape and the girl (who was just jokingly asked for consensual sex) in question told him to fuck off?

Funny thing is, if you venture to 4chan's /u/, you'll find the board devoted to homosexuality hates EA/Bioware because till ME3 they only ever did badly cut (Juthani) or player sexual lesbians.

I don't think I've EVER seen homophobia as a reason on /v/. Most of the time it's "EA gets butthurt over it, so it is funny" or "Requiem of the Fallen" (Bullfrog, Westwood ect)

Brinko

Arcane
IaFPoRk.png

:eek: Could Rex actually be a hypocritical attention whoring fuckface? Nah that's impossible, must be slander from those drity 4chains trolls.

Jashiin

Arcane
If only there was a way to go back in time and murder every last one of the people that thought up twitter.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom