Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware LOL ELECTRONIC ARTS: The EA Thread

Caim

Arcane
The RPG Codex: we know all about taxes.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
On paper the wealthy pay the vast majority of taxes collected (something like 70%-80%) in terms of total dollar amount, and they also pay a much higher percentage in tax overall than middle- and lower-class households do. Of course, most of them also squirrel away huge portions of their total wealth in overseas tax shelters, take advantage of various legal loopholes, break the law and get away with it, and benefit far more from deductions and write-offs than do the middle and lower classes. The net effect is that they're actually paying about the same percentage tax on their income/holdings as are the middle and lower classes—and possibly less. If they paid taxes on all of their wealth, there'd be significantly more tax revenue to work with.

That's not the only issue, either. There's also the fact that tax revenue is misspent, overspent (e.g. a government organization purposely overspending to ensure they aren't downsized), misallocated, lost to corruption and graft, lost due to inefficiency/incompetence, and so on.

These are normal problems facing a large, aging empire numbering hundreds of millions of people, and they will probably never improve outside of short-term peaks and valleys. Wealth inequality, crumbling infrastructure, and government corruption and inefficiency will continue to worsen until some unforeseen breaking point.
Tehol Beddict where art thou...

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
On paper the wealthy pay the vast majority of taxes collected (something like 70%-80%) in terms of total dollar amount, and they also pay a much higher percentage in tax overall than middle- and lower-class households do. Of course, most of them also squirrel away huge portions of their total wealth in overseas tax shelters, take advantage of various legal loopholes, break the law and get away with it, and benefit far more from deductions and write-offs than do the middle and lower classes. The net effect is that they're actually paying about the same percentage tax on their income/holdings as are the middle and lower classes—and possibly less. If they paid taxes on all of their wealth, there'd be significantly more tax revenue to work with.

That's not the only issue, either. There's also the fact that tax revenue is misspent, overspent (e.g. a government organization purposely overspending to ensure they aren't downsized), misallocated, lost to corruption and graft, lost due to inefficiency/incompetence, and so on.

These are normal problems facing a large, aging empire numbering hundreds of millions of people, and they will probably never improve outside of short-term peaks and valleys. Wealth inequality, crumbling infrastructure, and government corruption and inefficiency will continue to worsen until some unforeseen breaking point.
Tehol Beddict where art thou...

Check the roofs of inner city shacks?

Can we get back to circlejerking about EA? If this derailed thread is any indication GD must be a cesspool. It is good newfags get a year to get adjusted to this shit before GD access.
I'm norrmally the first to say the AAA publishers need to be more efficient, but when EA says it, I can only imagine how horrible it will be.

They going to give the middle managers whips?

Even better, give a individual experience running e-sports management of all EA run studios and call the shots of what the studio heads are allowed to do.
their aim si profit rigt? Is EA seriously this retarded?

Not when we all know that MLG is super profitable thanks to this guy. Anyway consider this thread derailed into hell.
I can see EA logic... TOR bombed right?

Ubishit is adapting though. Professional Journalists still get their dew and doritos. at least they throw scraps of their budget on stuff like MMX and that jRPG. Pretty cheap way to buy goodwill of critical codexians.

Dr Tomo

Learned
Can we get back to circlejerking about EA? If this derailed thread is any indication GD must be a cesspool. It is good newfags get a year to get adjusted to this shit before GD access.
I'm norrmally the first to say the AAA publishers need to be more efficient, but when EA says it, I can only imagine how horrible it will be.

Even better, give a individual experience running e-sports management of all EA run studios and call the shots of what the studio heads are allowed to do.

Not when we all know that MLG is super profitable thanks to this guy. Anyway consider this thread derailed into hell.

Ubishit is adapting though. Professional Journalists still get their dew and doritos. at least they throw scraps of their budget on stuff like MMX and that jRPG. Pretty cheap way to buy goodwill of critical codexians.

Codexians can be critical? Possibly Ubishit can adapt, but time will tell since they are ineptly run like Square as they are now trying to promote their Ucrap onto consoles now since PC crowd has given them the cold shoulder.

Codexians can be critical? Possibly Ubishit can adapt, but time will tell since they are ineptly run like Square as they are now trying to promote their Ucrap onto consoles now since PC crowd has given them the cold shoulder.
i haven't seen GD so my perspective is limited, but yeah between the nigger jokes, the jew jokes, the rape jokes, the shitposting, thread derailment, trolling etc. it tells me stuff so that I can't find anywhere else and form my own opinions. And it isn't overly optimistic or sugarcoating shit. And Infinitron does a :obviously: job of aggregating relevant news from profeshunal journalists.

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
General Discussion is an intellectual black hole. Posters with aspirations of intelligent debate may enter but they will be crushed under the weight of shit and never be seen again. Do not stare into that abyss!

Rake

Arcane
General Discussion is an intellectual black hole. Posters with aspirations of intelligent debate may enter but they will be crushed under the weight of shit and never be seen again. Do not stare into that abyss!
Not even for the lulz? I gain access in a month or so... does it worh it or i will go out of it as nuts as Volourn?

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
GD is lulzy but not in the normal "lol funny" way; rather it's the "holy shit thank god i'm not that pathetic loser" type of lulz.

Turjan

Arcane
Not even for the lulz? I gain access in a month or so... does it worh it or i will go out of it as nuts as Volourn?
If you have any hope in mankind left, it will go out of the window.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
psjsTfS.jpg

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane

Spend this month reading youtube comments to help prepare you, it wont be sufficient but the permanent loss to INT and SAN will help you survive down there.

Rake

Arcane

Spend this month reading youtube comments to help prepare you, it wont be sufficient
:eek: I'm starting to have second thoughts.

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane

Spend this month reading youtube comments to help prepare you, it wont be sufficient
:eek: I'm starting to have second thoughts.

Not all threads will be the worst, but there will be some that throw you a curve ball, best to expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised by tranny cock than wander in naively and leave a shivering gibbering wretch.

Turjan

Arcane
Speaking of, I read that in SimCity 4 it is balls-hard to have a city that does not shit all over itself in the long run. How true is that?

Not very. Newbies just make the mistake of listening to the advisers. Don't do that, except if it's about emergencies. Otherwise following the advice is the sure path to bankruptcy.

Also, mods like the NAM have the side effect of making the game slightly easier. And who plays without the NAM.

Dexter

Arcane
EA gets a new CEO: http://www.ea.com/news/a-message-from-ceo-andrew-wilson
A Message from CEO Andrew Wilson

Let me start by saying I am deeply honored and humbled to become EA’s CEO. I have a profound respect and passion for this organization, as well as for our global community of fans, and I’m incredibly motivated to serve our people, our gamers and our shareholders at such an exciting time in our industry.

From my start at EA in Australia back in 2000, through stops in Asia, Europe and now North America, I’ve worked with people in this company who have consistently amazed and inspired me. It’s my passion for our people and the great products we all impact that gives me such excitement for our future. I hope you all feel the same level of energy and optimism that I do as we embark on this journey together.

I envision EA as the World’s Greatest Games Company. This is not about what we are aiming for or what we will become. Rather, it is about an unfaltering commitment to what we will be every day. This is an attitude that must drive our culture as one team.

I also believe EA’s strategy is sound. Our focus on our talent, our brands and our platform together with our investment in next-generation consoles, mobile and PC free-to-play, as part of our ongoing transition to digital, is right. But we have plenty of work ahead to ensure our collective success.

In the short term, our mission is crystal clear: We are 100 percent focused on delivering our FY14 business plan. We have made strong progress in the first half of the fiscal year, establishing financial discipline and continuing to create a slate of fantastic games for current and next-generation consoles, mobile and PC. But now we’ve got to finish the job – execute in Q3 and Q4 and deliver on the promises we made to our fans and our shareholders.

Looking ahead, my focus will be on three things:

1. Continued transformation for our digital future;

2. Delivering amazing games and services across platforms; and

3. Instilling a culture of execution that will drive profitable growth.

In the days and weeks ahead, I will provide a greater level of operational detail behind the plan that will make these goals a reality.

I could not be more proud to lead you as CEO of EA. Thank you in advance for your support.

play_g_wilsona_576.jpg

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
That's right, keep changing them CEOs. It does wonders for public perception of your company's stability.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
That's right, keep changing them CEOs. It does wonders for public perception of your company's stability.

When John Riccitiello resigned Larry Probst only took over temporarily while they searched for a new CEO, so it's not exactly like they're constantly switching out CEOs.

Either way, this guy sounds like he isn't go to do jack shit better than Riccitiello did, so meh.

Caim

Arcane
3. Instilling a culture of execution that will drive profitable growth.
This means that unprofitable parts of the company will be cut off to not stunt the parts that make money.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom