Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Logs from roleplaying sessions?

I tried playing pnp rpg through some site like these few years back. It was painful. Don't get me wrong, campaign was very solid with extensive backstory, detailed map and I can't say anything bad about GM. Problem was that I couldn't stand larping, you pretty much had to write 500 words long post every time you want to do anything. Are there any places where you can get game without all that crap? It takes way too much time otherwise (and feels like chore). Why can't I just write that I want to attack X with Y or during conversation simply write my lines without describing in detail every goddamn wrinkle on my pc's face?

Destroid

Arcane
Roleplaying is mostly about that. You'd be better off playing a wargame if that turns you off, unless it was the adventure/investigative aspects of roleplaying that appeal to you. Either way it shouldn't be hard to track down real people to play with unless you live in the middle of no-where.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Roleplaying is just acting and talking through the character, not typing a whole novel everytime you want to do something.

That's why I avoid games being ran on forums. Play on IRC, it's much more dynamic.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Larping is like pwning with style, i really admired one guy at the arcade who owned as Sol Badguy once..whenever he completed a combo he'll start mumbling some moon-speak one liner from the Badguy's catalogue of epic quotes. Truly awesome.

That said, P&P looks fun, but I'm not a very social person. Good luck to those attempting to find a grp IRL.

Norfleet

Bah, you haven't seen anything until you've seen Bloodninja. That guy knew how to put on his robe and wizard hat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom