Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lobotomy Corporation aka Cabin in the Woods: The game

lightbane

Arcane
You can "legally" acquire a way to buy agents for free after a certain optional boss fight of sorts (basically a regular ingame day with additional conditions that worsen over time). In fact, to get the true ending you MUST fight all of these optional bosses, each one harder and more unfair than the last one. The last one is purely all about combat, and pretty much impossible without grinding, starting over (only after one of the bosses' rewards lets you keep the inventory from dead agents if you wish to minimize pain), or using cheats.

As for the last one, I found some stuff, as well as some useful mods:
https://www.nexusmods.com/lobotomycorporation/mods/?BH=2
https://www.cheatengine.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=605719&sid=98ebdd83ca2e5937fe49c32608fc4117
https://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?t=4836
https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2018/05/lobotomy-corporation-cheats-give-infinite-health-mental/58687/

Please tell us if they work.

Got 4 hours sunk in this game now and I still have really mixed feelings about it, though the feelings are rapidly moving into the "Fuck this I'm going to look up mechanics spoilers" territory. The game encourages save scumming with the retry and memory recall (Or whatever it's called) feature, so when you get some new monster that insta-kills anyone over 40 that looks at it you know to send 39 and younger employees in, but then you've burnt a length of time learning about that before reloading and trying to handle it more naturally. It feels as though the game would benefit from less hardline "Gotcha" moments like that where there are employee-killing or even base-wiping outcomes until you have meta knowledge if they wanted it to be a long campaign, like it's structured. Gotchas would work better in a bite-sized roguelite capacity where each play of the game is a self contained run that lasts maybe an hour or two.

Anyway, that's been kind of bugging me, and I'm not sure I'll appreciate the dance of dealing with even more persnickety monsters later on if I'm already getting a bit annoyed at day 10. The music is also EXTREMELY fucking repetitive and getting on my nerves already, Christ why do they only have one track for each world state? Despite my annoyances though it's still intriguing. I like learning about the new critters, trying to figure out better ways of using them or dealing with them is cool (Got one right now that can only be interacted with by a single employee that has the appropriate stats, but tends to break his sanity so I need a squad of thought police stationed just outside to beat the sanity back into him if he snaps) and even the goofy story is growing on me. I appreciate the cutesy anime look of the game has canon in-game reason behind it. Feeling like something I really WANT to like, and I do like it, but the gameplay feels a bit off. Sort of like Cultist Simulator though even more pronounced, though like Cultist Simulator I'm feeling fine about buying it pre-bundle because it's enough of an oddity that I appreciate it.

Haven't installed any mods yet, may keep rolling until I eventually reach a point I'm too pissed at it. I'm getting more of an understanding of the game now but I'm still not entirely sure the best way to spend my good boy points on hiring/upgrading employees. I'm probably spreading myself too thin.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Never managed to complete the game. Should probably just watch the story on youtube.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom