Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

List of zombie games you like

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
List of zombie games you like/recommend. Preferably for PC.
Try to put some info.

Cataclysm - open world roguelike, new Dark Days Ahead WIP version: http://en.cataclysmdda.com/ http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/cataclysm-dda-got-a-tileset.86225/
Day Z - Online zombie game that I used to play, http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/dayz-a-zombie-mod-for-arma2.72039/
How to Survive - 23.10.2013 isometric survival, little information

There are a lot more. Include alphas and betas of those that look interesting please.

Last edited:

Multi-headed Cow

I like how you started this thread with 3 listings of a pretty common game type and then say "Add more please, with info, k thx" and drop it. Why do you want a general list of zombie games anyway?

someone else

Arcane
Patron
^ I was going to ask about new zombie games like the soon-to-be released "How to Survive" but figured I might as well list all the zombie games into one thread (the ones we care about anyway).
Why don't you ask the same question for the list of rogue-likes, underwater sims, sims with dynamic campaign, squad-tactical games, space-sims or x genre type?
How about I reword the OP:

"So... know any good zombie games? I've played Cataclysm, Day Z, there is this upcoming game called How To Survive."

There are other zombie games, but I don't know much about them so I didn't describe them.

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
^ I was going to ask about new zombie games like the soon-to-be released "How to Survive" but figured I might as well list all the zombie games into one thread.
Why don't you ask the same question for the list of rogue-likes, underwater sims, sims with dynamic campaign, squad-tactical games, space-sims or x genre type?

"So... know any good zombie games? I've played Cataclysm, Day Z, there is this upcoming game called How To Survive."

There are other zombie games, but I don't know much about them so I didn't describe them.

Because it makes sense to ask about other games in a certain genre but makes no sense to ask about other games that just happen to have zombies in it (as you'll find them in every single genre out there).

Bruticis

^ I was going to ask about new zombie games like the soon-to-be released "How to Survive" but figured I might as well list all the zombie games into one thread.

Because it makes sense to ask about other games in a certain genre but makes no sense to ask about other games that just happen to have zombies in it (as you'll find them in every single genre out there).
Good thing you don't have to read the thread, eh? Oh right, gotta pad that 11K post count somehow.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Non FPS Survival - Project Zomboid and maybe Dead State
FPS fun - Left 4 Dead
FPS grind on shitty engine with shitty mechanics - DayZ
Most of all if you want brutal survival with searching for food, illness after running under rain in a t-shirt and fear - get zomboid.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Resident Evil (1-3 obligatory, 4 - mix of old and new, 5/6 - for co-op)
Dead Rising 2 - nicely done sandboxy game, althought the time limit can be rage inducing. That's ok, use trainer :cool:
Dead Island - it could be a good series, but even in co-op it suffers of bland quests, and the level-scaled zombies killed replayability for me
The Walking Dead - interactive movie with adventure elements, fake C&C, but for one walkthrough it's good
They Hunger - one of the most memorable, and best mods for original Half Life.
Evil Dead : Regeneration - as a ED trilogy lover I really liked it. The first one - Hail to the King had horrible respawning zombies mechanics. The second one was console only. Regeneration has got classic weaponry from the series, and some new things. Little, but nicely done puzzles, fighting mechanics are solid, and it has Ted Raimi as a voice actor for little annoying sidekick Sam

someone else

Arcane
Patron

There are also external lists of rogue-likes and other lists the Codex has. Why don't you put a link to the temple of rogue-like in the rogue-like thread and say "That wasn't hard, was it?"
I'm more interested in PC zombie games the Codex likes and we can also discuss about them.
Edited the OP.

The Last Stand flash series is also good, not sure about the new multiplayer version.
http://armorgames.com/play/12009/the-last-stand-union-city

I'm interested in Dead Linger as well, they recently changed engine so it might take awhile
http://www.thedeadlinger.com/

Last edited:

Destroid

Arcane
Zombie Panic Source, excellent asymmetric multipalyer source mod. Round based where each survivor only has one life, after which they join the zombies. The first zombie is a super zombie. Great fun, especially on objective maps.

someone else

Arcane
Patron

My post is a reply to MHC's post, not yours. His problem is me listing only 3 zombie games.
^ refers to the immediate post above.
There is a Zombie genre, which is different from games which have zombies in it. See the wikipedia link for eg.
I'm more interested in zombie games that people have played and recommend than compiling a list of zombies games.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom