Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's trample the Evil in Co8 ToEE; Chapter VIII

How many ability points should the characters be allowed?

• Georgian potato (25)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Classic D&D (30)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Heroic D&D (35)

• Popamole (40)

• kingcomrade

• Total voters

Nex

Cipher
Wow, that was an exciting update :love:

Nex.jpg
I only died because you forced me to change my wonderful diet! Being a ghost is rather dull :(

Whilst death has made me weaker, I am wiser for it.

Name: Nex
Race: Human
Class: Wizard
Alignment: Neutral evil
Stats:
STR: 8
DEX: 14
CON: 14
INT: 18
WIS: 10
CHA: 8

The Thin Man

Novice
Well since you didn't make the exact build I wrote up before, it's not like I'm really submitting the same character.

Portrait
Last group
2 down
4 right

Mylene Stirling

Elven Female

STR:8->14 (lot's of useful feats requires 13+ Strength. Plus, you will hit much harder. Weapon finesse feat does not give bonus to damage).
DEX: 14 (+2) = 16
CON: 14 (-2) = 12
INT: 18->14 (we get ability 10 points to distribute - we don't need to max out all skills later on)
WIS: 8
CHA: 10->14 (you need to be a little bit more charismatic)

Rogue/Fighter (1st level rogue alternating each level)

1 Two-Weap Fighting
2 Weapon Finesse (Rapier)
3 Weapon Focus (Rapier)
4 Weapon Specialization (Rapier)
6 <>
8 <>
9 <>

* Three available feats for things like the +2/+2 skillers, or you can use Two-W Def, Imp Two-W, Grtr Wp Foc (Rapier) although they all only give +1 AC, 1 xtra -5 toHit atk, and +1 dmg so I'm not all that wild about this route.

**Also might like to think about Iron Will (+2) for my shit ass will save which will only ever get to +1, at least elves can't be enchanted.

***Put the stat increases into either Dex or Cha depending on how you want to roll with npc interactions. Maybe Wis if we keep getting it from spells.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You need a pure monk, don't you? :smug:

Pariah
Male Human Monk
Lawful Neutral

Str 16
Dex 16
Con 8
Int 8
Wis 16
Cha 8

As for how he is to level up, I give you free reigns. :thumbsup:

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Black Cat said:
Mrowak said:
Aislinn enhances everyone save Anna with Haste.

Why does she has haste of all things?

:rpgcodex: * taps her foot lightly*

Update said:
Aislinn makes, perhaps, the greatest mistake in this campaign and instead of Fireball learns Haste.[/b]

Aislinn.jpg
I made a mistake?! :rpgcodex:

Ehm. :oops:

Which is actually what happened - I picked Haste instead of Fireball, and realized the error of my ways too late to backtrack. Granted, it made the last fight more exciting... and is also one of the reasons our fatalities were so numerous. :troll:

@Nex - select one of the characters you submitted. There can be only one submission per poster.

Black Cat

Magister
@ Chibi-Mrowak

Ah, yes. I'm sorry. Now I see.

Though,

Level 3: Deep Slumber, Suggestion, and (your pick: Heroism, Hold Person, Rage, Displacement).

:rpgcodex: Do you see any fireballs there? *taps her foot softly*

... but Mrowak is kawaii and chibi so I'll forgive him.

In any case, put one vote for Pariah the monk for no reason other than me being on my let's watch dozens of melodramatic chinese movies phase. Though do to his name what you did with Aislinn spells, and name him something chinese sounding instead. :P

Now we just need to ensure he will die fighting his best friend, or his true love, or something like that.

eklektyk

Erudite
Black Cat said:
In any case, put one vote for Pariah the monk for no reason other than me being on my let's watch dozens of melodramatic chinese movies phase. Though do to his name what you did with Aislinn spells, and name him something chinese sounding instead. :P

Now we just need to ensure he will die fighting his best friend, or his true love, or something like that.

and if my vote counts make it 2 for monk

more fatalities always make for fun read :smug:

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So we need 2 characters, right?

Let's take Pariah and Mylene, then. The random number generator told me so, and it doesn't lie. :P

Mrowak

Arcane
eklektyk said:
Black Cat said:

and if my vote counts make it 2 for monk

more fatalities always make for fun read :smug:

No, you vote doesn't count, sorry Eklektyk. Only current part members get to vote. You can, however, submit your own character.

Black Cat said:
@ Chibi-Mrowak

Ah, yes. I'm sorry. Now I see.

Though,

Level 3: Deep Slumber, Suggestion, and (your pick: Heroism, Hold Person, Rage, Displacement).

:rpgcodex: Do you see any fireballs there? *taps her foot softly*

Sowwy :oops: but I tweaked with your spell selection on purpose - I did remember about you spell list. Nonetheless, I felt that while the charming sorceress is all kinds of awesome, it would be good to have an all-rounder. A sorceress who over-invests in Enchantment school will be hurt a lot. This was evident during the encounter with the undead, where Aislinn could do nothing but spam Magic Missiles (which I too added of my own volition). That's why I also won't give you Eagle's Splendour - what's the point wasting one spell-slot when you will eventually wear Cloak of Charisma +6?

My suggestions for the spell list for a couple of next levels:

3rd level: Fireball (we need more offensive power) and Displacement
4th level: Confusion, Charm Monster (I would love to have Phantasmal Killer, but in ToEE all that's killed with one-shot spells doesn't net you XP).
5th level: Mindfog.

If you approve, that's cool. If not - we'll stick to your plan through and through.

... but Mrowak is kawaii and chibi so I'll forgive him. :Casts Charm Person:

Will Power: 7 + 1 vs 17

Critical Failure!

Aislinn.jpg
:twisted:

Can be done. But...

What's the second character? Both Sitra Achara (he PMed me) and Bee cast their votes. Whose your choice? Or will you wait till the deadline in (probably) vain hope someone other submits another char.

Anyway, I gotta go back to studying :(

eklektyk

Erudite
Mrowak said:
No, you vote doesn't count, sorry Eklektyk. Only current part members get to vote. You can, however, submit your own character.

hmm failed my reading comprehension check...again ... :M

as to presenting my char im too lazy right now to dust off toee and cook something up
so maby next time when need arises for moar meatshields ill compete with other awsome<tm> participants

til then : UPDATAN!!! :love:

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Mrowak said:
I would love to have Phantasmal Killer, but in ToEE all that's killed with one-shot spells doesn't net you XP
Really ? That's pretty stupid. I never noticed since I tend to never use those spells (I never liked the concept of "save or die") but to cut the XP altogether is rather weird. How come they took such a strange decision ?

Black Cat

Magister
@ Chibi-Mrowak

Ah, yes, sorry. You are right. My second vote goes to Ulminati, who gave an evil dwarf back in page two or three. Let me get it for you.

Ulminati said:
Ulminati

NE Dwarf Fighter
4.gif

Toughness, Power attack, cleave, weapon focus (longsword), weapon specialization (longsword), combat reflexes, combat expertise, improved trip. You know the drill. anything that lets me hit people with sharp implements is good! An axe or hammer would be manlier but as far as I recall ToEE mostly has magic swords.

8 + 10 = 16 Str
8 + 2 = 10 Dex
8 + 13 = 17 Con (19 with racial modifier)
8 + 5 = 13 Int
8 + 0 = 8 Wis
8 + 0 = 8 Cha (6 with racial modifier)

From this thread
The mayor Ulminati threw a tantrum today because someone spilled his ale, throwing stuff around and kicking a dog down the stairs. I’m worried because Rith is supposed to administer punishment, and she’s been very enthusiastic about it in the past.

She just caved his head in. I’ll never litter again.

Fresh out of the glorious dwarven fortress of Anusblaze, ex-Mayor Ulminati was banished (and had his face caved in) for throwing a tantrum after someone spilled his ale. Fortunatly, dwarves are too goddamn manly and tough to let minor obstacles like a wrecked face stop them in their quest for glory, booze, gold and wenches. (Not necessairely in that order).

Looking forward to molesting assistsing the party :salute:

On the other topic, and though it may go against the anti-LARPing nature of KKKodexia, Sorcerers aren't really about being built smartly and intelligently but about being built characterfully, as in the end their powers and spells are extensions of their quirky and grander-than-life personalities. So you should see Aislinn's glaring weaknesses and cripling over-focus as a feature. A character flaw or a Moe Moe quality, if you may. :P

By which I mean...

:rpgcodex: Aislinn doesn't scale to your level. Deal with it.

:M :M :M

Mrowak

Arcane
And we have our winners Ladies and Genetlemen! May I present you:

But let's save that for another update... ;)

Black Cat said:
@ Chibi-Mrowak

On the other topic, and though it may go against the anti-LARPing nature of KKKodexia,

I would like you to note that you are talking to a Codex's second greatest storyfag (after actual Storyfag). You know - the guy who constantly nags about suspension of disbelief, credible depiction of the secondary world and the importance of writing in games. However...

Sorcerers aren't really about being built smartly and intelligently but about being built characterfully, as in the end their powers and spells are extensions of their quirky and grander-than-life personalities. So you should see Aislinn's glaring weaknesses and cripling over-focus as a feature. A character flaw or a Moe Moe quality, if you may. :P

If we were talking about Pathfinder here I would understand where you are coming from. In that ruleset sorceresses get to choose their bloodlines, so you could pick something like Fey, Dreamspun or Hag bloodline and get all the fun Enchantment spells for free, plus some associated skills, plus a handful of utility spells.

As it is, we are going to face undead - lots upon lots of them.

Actually we did it - again! Just moments ago! You gonna love what happened! :twisted:

By which I mean...

:rpgcodex: Aislinn doesn't scale to your level. Deal with it.

:M :M :M

I'll go with you build - a charming sorceress it will be. I will not teach her Phantasmal Killer, however - as Sitra Achara said, the spell is bugged, and I would rather have spells that I can actually use. Confusion it is! :rpgcodex:

In due time, hopefully she will learn Finger of Death - I hope it works well in the game. :M

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
As far as I can tell, Finger of Death suffers the same bug.

The reason they don't work is because the game doesn't register an attack on the opponent. It may be possible to create a workaround - e.g. script 1d1 damage. Kind of clunky but I think it should work (clunky, because it would override death immunities / wards, but I guess you can live with that). We actually did something similar with Holy Word.

You interested?

Mrowak

Arcane
Sitra Achara said:
As far as I can tell, Finger of Death suffers the same bug.

The reason they don't work is because the game doesn't register an attack on the opponent. It may be possible to create a workaround - e.g. script 1d1 damage. Kind of clunky but I think it should work (clunky, because it would override death immunities / wards, but I guess you can live with that). We actually did something similar with Holy Word.

You interested?

Of course!! If you could do the same for Phantasmal Killer, that would be awesome. No-homo :love:

Deitti

Augur
goddamnit, the one weekend when im gone and unable to follow your LP, people die and new ones are brought in. ohwell, im sure people will die later too :smug:

and this was an excellent update, the undead fight especially was awesome. keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Mrowak

Arcane
Chapter VIII: Przelotna znajomość

You know what happened previously.

Miss%20Bee.jpg
It was horrible...

Aislinn.jpg
More terrible than you can imagine...

Steroid.jpg
;(

Aislinn.jpg
What's with him?

Miss%20Bee.jpg
Since Anna and Nex died, he's been all catatonic.

Aislinn.jpg
Poor bastard.

Miss%20Bee.jpg
Anyway, did you get the ingredients?

Aislinn.jpg
What? Oh yeah. You know – it was easy with with dead child's ankle and Ghoul's marrow. But that custard cost us fortune!

Miss%20Bee.jpg
Excellent! These will do. Now for the actual spell.

Aislinn.jpg
You sure it'll work?

Miss%20Bee.jpg
I told you – I haven't Reincarnated anyone before. Stand clear!

Miss%20Bee.jpg
Dwelling in eternal abyss. Infinite Forge of Souls, Everlasting Flame of Blue. I pray Thee, let the power in deliver your faithful servant!

*Poof*

Steroid.jpg
*Ekhu, cough, cough, cough*

Pariah.jpg
Did someone call me?

Miss%20Bee.jpg
Who the hell are you?

Pariah.jpg
I'm Azira the Pariah. It appears you've brought me back to life.

Miss%20Bee.jpg
Where Anna! Where's her body!!

Pariah.jpg
Well... it seems you sacrificed her corpse to reincarnate me!

Miss%20Bee.jpg
:rage:

Aislinn.jpg
Blasted custard! I knew second-hand ingredients would get us nowhere.

*Knock, knock, knock*

Aislinn.jpg
Who's there?

The door bolts away! A cloaked figure enters.

Miss%20Bee.jpg
You mean the real deal? :shock:

Nex_necro.jpg
Silence! Now you gonna pay for your transgression! I shall feast on thy souls!!

Steroid.jpg
NEX!! :love:

Miss%20Bee.jpg
Oh shit!

Nex_necro.jpg
Sit! Grovel!!

Steroid.jpg
:bounce:

Aislinn.jpg
I guess a stake through the heart wasn't enough!!

Nex_necro.jpg
Not nearly enough to get rid of ME! You know how digging through a tonne of mud destroys finger-nails!!

Miss%20Bee.jpg
Yes, that's our Nex alright... Ever the sunshine!

Pariah.jpg
Who's that lady? Care to introduce us?

Miss%20Bee.jpg
Nex – meet what remained of Anna.

Pariah.jpg
Pariah, the Azira, at your service!

Aislinn.jpg
So what know?

Nex_necro.jpg
Your SOULS!!! :x

Aislinn.jpg
Yeah whatever... :roll:

Nex_necro.jpg
You are right. I think we can skip the bullshit. We're done wasting precious space, and can finally get to the update.

Aislinn.jpg
Ehh, we don't have Anna – so he'll have to do. Pariah, come with us!

Pariah.jpg
Who? Whaa?! How!!?

Aislinn.jpg
No talking, we've already stretched the limit of LARPING into intolerable. Get into those rags. Here are all Anna's weapons. Go for it.

Miss%20Bee.jpg
Nex – here's your equipment.

Nex_necro.jpg
My old clothes! You cheap whores didn't even bury me with any on! I had to undead some clueless beggar for these rags.

Aislinn.jpg
We learned from the best! :rpgcodex:

Nex_necro.jpg
I am so proud of you!! :smug:

Anyway, after so disgraceful waste of time the party gets ready to venture forth.

pt8_0001_toee-2011-11-19-20-25-14-94.bmp.jpg

pt8_0002_toee-2011-11-19-20-25-17-77.bmp.jpg

Nex_necro.jpg
So what now? :rpgcodex:

Nex_necro.jpg
I guess we can start with the place where all our major exploit commence.

Miss%20Bee.jpg
Contacting the informant.

pt8_0003_toee-2011-11-19-21-05-09-03.bmp.jpg

pt8_0004_toee-2011-11-19-21-05-14-11.bmp.jpg

After short deliberation, we manage to find the kid.

pt8_0006_toee-2011-11-19-21-07-28-62.bmp.jpg

pt8_0007_toee-2011-11-19-21-07-48-67.bmp.jpg

Aislinn.jpg
To the east he says.

Miss%20Bee.jpg
You are thinking what I am thinking?

Aislinn.jpg
To give up the whole thing and just go home? :roll:

Miss%20Bee.jpg
Well... no...

Miss%20Bee.jpg
Actually I was thinking if that fabled witch could have taken the Moathouse as her base of operations.

Nex_necro.jpg
Oh wow – now we are chasing after a fable for children. :roll:

Nex_necro.jpg
Come on, move your arses! :x

pt8_0007_toee-2011-11-19-21-07-48-67.bmp.jpg

Soon after the party arrives they face new inhabitants of the swamp:

pt8_0008_toee-2011-11-19-21-08-06-11.bmp.jpg

Elwros!

pt8_0010_toee-2011-11-19-21-09-07-96.bmp.jpg

The battle ensues... but it doesn't last terribly long.

Nex_necro.jpg
Don't you use some weapons or something?

Pariah.jpg
Nothing you have, I can use.

Nex_necro.jpg
So what you are going to fight with bare hands?

Pariah.jpg
:smug:

Next the party spots a strange apparition:

pt8_0011_toee-2011-11-19-21-10-36-12.bmp.jpg

pt8_0012_toee-2011-11-19-21-11-07-12.bmp.jpg

Miss%20Bee.jpg
Very diplomatic of you Pariah.

Pariah.jpg
Innate talent.

The creature does not attack us. Instead from now on we are welcome to buy various potions from it.

Aislinn.jpg
The prices are scandalous, though. :x

Miss%20Bee.jpg
We don't have Anna to appraise their real value :(

pt8_0013_toee-2011-11-19-21-12-48-66.bmp.jpg

We move on northward to dispose of two stray bears.

Miss%20Bee.jpg
That's animal cruelty! :X

Nex_necro.jpg
Call Green Peace!

Miss%20Bee.jpg
I am from Green Peace! :x

Nex_necro.jpg
Not any more! Your membership has been revoked! :troll:

Miss%20Bee.jpg
:rage:

pt8_0014_toee-2011-11-19-21-13-38-50.bmp.jpg

Like all true heroes – we enter through the main gate.

pt8_0015_toee-2011-11-19-21-14-05-97.bmp.jpg

Only to encounter (un)expected (un)welcoming party.

pt8_0018_toee-2011-11-19-21-15-27-13.bmp.jpg

pt8_0016_toee-2011-11-19-21-14-50-49.bmp.jpg

The undead rush at us. Nex blinds two first ones.

Two of them are Mohgrs.

Aislinn.jpg
Ehm... [Lore]: When possible, mohrgs gather in small groups, seeking out lone targets much as they did in life. If faced with capable foes, a mohrg attempts to incapacitate them one by one, starting with divinely empowered characters first, both to protect itself from holy wrath, and to make the task of paralyzing and devouring the others that much easier.

Luckily our team has no holy-inspired characters so Mohrgs just do their usual shit.

A skeleton priest meddles in the north with his followers and another Mohgr. In order to distract him Nex summoned a Fiendish Dire Wolf and Aislinn blinds his crew. Meanwhile the Mohgr that attacks our party proves to be a real tough cookie – he won't go down even when flanked, bashed by three characters in melee.

pt8_0020_toee-2011-11-19-21-17-09-99.bmp.jpg

Nex sends her fiery regards...

pt8_0021_toee-2011-11-19-21-18-18-07.bmp.jpg

After killing off vermin in their close proximity the party advances.

pt8_0022_toee-2011-11-19-21-21-01-36.bmp.jpg

Some serious Magic Missile spam and hacking limbs allows us to terminate the last Mohrg.

pt8_0023_toee-2011-11-19-21-24-34-38.bmp.jpg

Seeing how the party is going to face more undead Nex resolves to prepare. She crafts wands of Fireball, Mage Armour, Open/Close and Knock.

Nex_necro.jpg
My XP :(

Did I mention she started this adventure as 7th level character with bottom XP for the level?

Nex_necro.jpg
;(

Aislinn.jpg
How come you can craft wands now?

Nex_necro.jpg
Death changes people... I embraced it's ways and feats, and became more powerful than evar!!

Aislinn.jpg
So you focused on the most useless school in the game?

Nex_necro.jpg
Yeah :oops:

Aislinn.jpg
Oh well, as long as I have this wand...

Nex_necro.jpg
Hey!!

Aislinn.jpg
I'll be happy with that!

Nex_necro.jpg
My wand of Fireballs!! :x

Aislinn.jpg
:love:

pt8_0024_toee-2011-11-19-21-26-11-52.bmp.jpg

After night-worth of rest the party is ready to go on.

pt8_0025_toee-2011-11-19-21-26-56-53.bmp.jpg

they explore the ruins...

Nex_necro.jpg
Nothing of note here.

Just when they think nothing's changed here they encounter new inhabitants.

pt8_0026_toee-2011-11-19-21-27-13-35.bmp.jpg

pt8_0027_toee-2011-11-19-21-29-40-50.bmp.jpg

Fighting them is a little bit resource-consuming, but there can be one end to all of this.

Pariah.jpg
:smug:

pt8_0029_toee-2011-11-19-21-53-35-69.bmp.jpg

The heroes go down to where Bugbears used to dwell.

Where they meet this:

MOO_4261_m_Bodak.jpg

Aislinn.jpg
[Lore]: Oh holly crap...!!

Nex_necro.jpg
[Lore]: There are two of them! Shhhhiiiiiiiiii....!!!

Miss%20Bee.jpg
[Lore]: We can pull this through. Quickly!! Pariah and Clausewitz! To me!!

pt8_0030_toee-2011-11-19-21-53-49-26.bmp.jpg

Nex fires out a Fireball!!

Nex_necro.jpg
Shit! I forgot how these abominations are resistant to Fire!!

MOO_4031_m_GroaningSpirit.jpg

Aislinn.jpg
You've attracted attention of something else, though.

Nex_necro.jpg
Groaning spirit!

Aislinn.jpg
Fire seems to be a good answer for it!

pt8_0032_toee-2011-11-19-21-54-37-02.bmp.jpg

Aislinn uses up the first charge from her wand.

Pariah.jpg
Excuse me my ladies? Can you tell me what is going on?

Nex_necro.jpg
STFU and pray to whatever deity you have!!

Aislinn.jpg
Bee!! Try to distract them!!

Miss%20Bee.jpg
I am doing my best! :casts Summon Nature's Ally III:

Nex_necro.jpg
Another Fireball coming right up!

pt8_0033_toee-2011-11-19-21-55-14-74.bmp.jpg

The groaning spirit's died (again) before it could affect the party.

Nex_necro.jpg
Phew!

Pariah.jpg
Ok, ladies what's the big deal...

Miss%20Bee.jpg
Pariah!! Look out!

pt8_0034_toee-2011-11-19-21-55-18-36.bmp.jpg

Miss%20Bee.jpg
Poor bloke :(

Aislinn.jpg
It was nice knowing thee!

Nex_necro.jpg
… Somehow I don't care. :shrugs:

Steroid.jpg
Whazza dat?!

Aislinn.jpg
[Lore]: Ehm... When mortal humanoids find themselves exposed to profound, supernatural evil, a horrific, occult transformation can strip them of their souls and damn them to the tortured existence of a bodak. Changed into a twisted, misanthropic husk, a bodak wanders the endless
tracts of evil-aligned planes, periodically stumbling into other realms by passing through portals or otherwise being conjured elsewhere. Possessing only fragmented memories of its former existence, the bodak is driven by profound emptiness, sorrowful longing, and vengeful hatred of all life.

Nex_necro.jpg
[Lore]: Death gaze - This is a death effect. Fortitude DC 18 negates. The save DC is Charisma-based. A humanoid slain by a bodak’s death gaze rises as a bodak 24 hours.

pt8_0035_toee-2011-11-19-21-55-32-13.bmp.jpg

The fiery treatment from earlier weakned them.

pt8_0036_toee-2011-11-19-21-55-34-89.bmp.jpg

Clausewitz rages and resists bodak's deadly gaze. Just after that Miss Bee transforms into a Brown Bear

Miss%20Bee.jpg
Ragrra (I should be safer in that form).

Her summoned Wolf finishes off one Bodak.

In order to distract the other Nex calls forth another creature.

pt8_0037_toee-2011-11-19-21-56-45-41.bmp.jpg

Which turns out to be a good decision.

pt8_0038_toee-2011-11-19-21-56-53-27.bmp.jpg

Promptly Clausewitz pierces through the aberration’s defences.

Steroid.jpg
RAGHH!

pt8_0039_toee-2011-11-19-21-57-15-05.bmp.jpg

The lone shadow proves almost beneath Clausewitz's dignity to lift a finger.

Aislinn.jpg
What do we do with the body?

Nex_necro.jpg
I know what happens to those killed by bodaks – they become one themselves.

Miss%20Bee.jpg
I hoped to use his body to bring Anna back.

Nex_necro.jpg
It's impossible now.

Aislinn.jpg
There's no point avoiding it. We must go back to the inn and :gulp: recruit some new meatshields.

:M

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Re-submitting both penny arcane and Ulminati :P

Ulminati said:
Ulminati

NE Dwarf Fighter
4.gif

Toughness, Power attack, cleave, weapon focus (longsword), weapon specialization (longsword), combat reflexes, combat expertise, improved trip. You know the drill. anything that lets me hit people with sharp implements is good! An axe or hammer would be manlier but as far as I recall ToEE mostly has magic swords.

8 + 10 = 16 Str
8 + 2 = 10 Dex
8 + 13 = 17 Con (19 with racial modifier)
8 + 5 = 13 Int
8 + 0 = 8 Wis
8 + 0 = 8 Cha (6 with racial modifier)

From this thread
The mayor Ulminati threw a tantrum today because someone spilled his ale, throwing stuff around and kicking a dog down the stairs. I’m worried because Rith is supposed to administer punishment, and she’s been very enthusiastic about it in the past.

She just caved his head in. I’ll never litter again.

Fresh out of the glorious dwarven fortress of Anusblaze, ex-Mayor Ulminati was banished (and had his face caved in) for throwing a tantrum after someone spilled his ale. Fortunatly, dwarves are too goddamn manly and tough to let minor obstacles like a wrecked face stop them in their quest for glory, booze, gold and wenches. (Not necessairely in that order).

Looking forward to molesting assistsing the party :salute:

Ulminati said:
Looking good! Onwards, to glory!

I guess it never hurts to bet on multiple horses. If a caster position opens up before a fighter position, I would like to submit this lovely lady to the cause instead of the dwarven fighter:

Penny Arcane, NE Human Wizard

3180181484_6f0dec8eba.jpg

(It should be in the portrait pack you got with Co8)

Str 8 + 0 = 8
Dex 8 + 6 = 14
Con 8 + 6 = 14
Int 8 + 16 = 18 <--- Pour all upgrades into this!
Wis 8 + 0 = 8
Cha 8 + 2 = 10

Speacialist wizard (Conjuration)
Prohibited schools: Abjuration, Evocation
Familiar: Toad

In order of importance (left to right)

Feats: Spell focus (Conjuration), Augment summoning, Improved Initiative, Dodge
Wizard bonus feats: Combat casting, Craft wand, Extend spell
Skills: Spellcraft, Concentration, Spot, Listen, Heal, Bluff, Survival

1st level spells
Colour Spray, Grease, Mage Armor, Enlarge Person, Ray of Enfeeblement, Obscuring Mist, Identify, Summon Monster I, Burning hands

2nd level spells
Invisibility, Glitterdust, Web, Mirror image, Summon Monster II, Knock, Tasha's hideous laughter

3rd level spells
Stinking cloud, Summon Monster III, Haste, Slow, Sleet Storm, Halt Undead, Greater Magic Weapon, Deep Slumber

4th level spells
Evard's Black Tentacles, Summon Monster IV, Otiluke's resilient Sphere, Dimension Door, Fear, Enervation, Confusion, Enlarge person (Mass)

5th level spells
Wall of stone, Summon Monster V, Feeblemind, Cloudkill

6th level spells
Summon Monster VI, Circle of Death, Disintegrate

Those are the spells that are good off the top of my head. Can't remember which of them are actually in the game. Make sure to memorize tons of summoning spells. Especially summon monster III-V have a bunch of really good options. Consider crafting a wand of summon monster III for disposable meatshields.

Now, I know you need meatshields, but I beleive I was specifically promised you'd kill someone off to make room for my Conjurer. And I see not one, but two poeple have stolen my place. For shame :rpgcodex:

The obvious solution is to have someone craft a wand of summon monster 3, which Penny arcane can use with augment summoning to summon a shitload of motherfucking bears.

Mrowak

Arcane
Ulminati said:
Now, I know you need meatshields, but I beleive I was specifically promised you'd kill someone off to make room for my Conjurer. And I see not one, but two poeple have stolen my place. For shame :rpgcodex:

I was hoping you would re-submit your wizardess before our competition... The judges hath spoken and had little to do with their decision... Okey I brought back Nex but that was Sitra Acharas' vote and I felt so inspired by her resurrection in Realmz LP that I decided go go for it. Besides, I :love: arcane spell casters.

Not that this should matter... you'll be happy to learn who joined our party just yesterday.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Yeah, well, I've been neglecting KKKodexia to kill dragons in the majestic fjords of skyrim :oops:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom