Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's trample the Evil in Co8 ToEE; Chapter VIII

How many ability points should the characters be allowed?

• Georgian potato (25)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Classic D&D (30)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Heroic D&D (35)

• Popamole (40)

• kingcomrade

• Total voters

Deitti

Augur
ah awesome, i love ToEE LPs, they are fun to follow. I will definetly watch this so you better go all the way.

Although you already have bunch of characters to choose from, ill still add mine incase alot of people die and you need more.

Deitti, Male Dwarf Fighter, True Neutral

STR: 14
DEX: 13
CON: 16
INT: 8
WIS: 12
CHA: 8

these stats are base ones with 25 points. incase of the classic D&D winning like it seems to atm, add two more points into STR and one more point into DEX. (although if you feel that you want the INT based feats aswell, feel free to use the 5 points from classic D&D into raising INT to 13) and once you add the fact that the character is dwarf, your CON should raise to 18 and CHA lowers to 6.

weapons should be whichever one-hand weapon you choose + shield. Mostly tank build, meant to survive any amount of enemies the game throws at him.

feats,skills and stats on level up are totally up to you. also portait is totally up to you i won't even mind the one you told you would use for anyone who don't choose their own.

The Thin Man

Novice
Mrowak said:
Overall, I am thinking where I should put more focus - melee combatants or spell-heavy team. I am more inclined towards the latter, as the magic system is the thing I love the most about D&D 3.5. For that reason, in order to make more room for magicians and get additional fire power I will dual our only rogue into warrior or barbarian. That is assuming we go with popamole stat scores.

Are you thinking along the lines of a few level dips or full multiclassing?

How important are the rogue skills going to be? Will they be only needed for moderate DCs or high gently caress your mother DCs? Are you planning to rely on UMD for extra power in a clinch, will diplomacy even factor in? Damage dealer or partial tank?

Let me know and I'll class out Anna.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
The Thin Man said:
Mrowak said:
Overall, I am thinking where I should put more focus - melee combatants or spell-heavy team. I am more inclined towards the latter, as the magic system is the thing I love the most about D&D 3.5. For that reason, in order to make more room for magicians and get additional fire power I will dual our only rogue into warrior or barbarian. That is assuming we go with popamole stat scores.

Are you thinking along the lines of a few level dips or full multiclassing?

How important are the rogue skills going to be? Will they be only needed for moderate DCs or high gently caress your mother DCs? Are you planning to rely on UMD for extra power in a clinch, will diplomacy even factor in? Damage dealer or partial tank?

Let me know and I'll class out Anna.

Your skills are going to be critical. To all intents and purposes you'll be the party leader. You'll be quite intelligent, quite charismatic, and quite strong. You'll be the face of the party - with all the skills rogue gets, you'll be likely play the role of party's head diplomat, spy and, well... rogue.

On the battlefield you will take advantage of your rogue levels - you'll face enemies up front only if you absolutely must, but when you can you will outflank them and deal lethal blows where it hurts.

If you'll multiclass, it's going to full commitment to both classes. Reason: Elves get penalty to non wizard multiclasses. I'm not sure if I do that, though, seeing how Classic D&D is leading now, you may not have enough ability points to realise the plan.

The Thin Man

Novice
Okay, cool. Sounds like if I was to multiclass a ranger rogue would be the most appropriate. Unless of course there are prestige classes available. I know you posted up links on whats available, and I'll look at it later, must go run errands for the family right now.

Can you tell me what skills can safely be ignored: survival/tracking, pickpocket. bluff, etc?

Black

Arcane
Sitra Achara said:
How about a theme party? Since you picked True Neutral - all Druids?
Party full of zoophiles, tree huggers and hippies.
I guess that'd be gay enough for Codex.

Mrowak

Arcane
Black said:
Sitra Achara said:
How about a theme party? Since you picked True Neutral - all Druids?
Party full of zoophiles, tree huggers and hippies.
I guess that'd be gay enough for Codex.

:lol:

Regarding the suggestion - I :love: arcane spellcasters too much to allow such attrocity. I considered making full-arcane team but it would be too cheesy, even for me. Moreover, a single class party would get boring pretty quickly. Finally, we already have a nice selection of volunteers.

Mrowak

Arcane
The Thin Man said:
Okay, cool. Sounds like if I was to multiclass a ranger rogue would be the most appropriate. Unless of course there are prestige classes available. I know you posted up links on whats available, and I'll look at it later, must go run errands for the family right now.

Can you tell me what skills can safely be ignored: survival/tracking, pickpocket. bluff, etc?

I was thinking more about warrior - you get extra feats pretty quickly which add lots of options. Ranger lacks that. An interesting alternative is muticlassing you with barbarian - it will add speed to you char. Normal elves move maximally for 30 feet per turn. With Barbarian class it would make 40.

Regarding skills. We will focus on these:

Social: Intimidation, Bluff, Appraise, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Sense Motive.

Thief: Open Lock, Spot, Search, Disable Device, Tumble.

To my regret, there are no prestige classes available in ToEE :(

Mrowak

Arcane
capture_21102011_013609.jpg

The Codex hath spoken!! 30 points it is!!! :M

Here's the rooster of the first line of victims heroes:

Party leader:
The Thin Man said:
Anna Rexia
Elf
Female
Chaotic Neutral
Rogue
Pump Dex and Int (unless skills aren't so heavily needed, then just pump whichever you feel is relevant)
Diety: Cyric, if not available Mask
Portrait: third image group, fifth down, three across the red head.

@The Thin Man
Pick your character portrait out of pre-prepared. Seeing what you have to do to get custom one to work in the game I suddenly became lazy :p

1st class Melee combatant:

Sitra Achara said:
Name: Clausewitz

portraits_0003_ja2_steroid_b-tga.jpg

Race: Half-Orc
Class: Barbarian
Alignment: CN

Stats (before racial mods, assuming 25 point buy) -
STR 16
CON 16
DEX 13
INT 8
CHA 8
WIS 8

1st class Healer:
Crooked Bee said:
Miss Bee

portraits_0001_id_0090_b_female-tga.jpg

Human Female
Druid 9/Monk 1 (Take 1 lvl in Monk at level 7+.)
Lawful Neutral

Feats
1: Spell Focus Conjuration, Augment Summon
3: Craft Wondrous Item
6: Natural Spell
9: Craft Magic Arms and Armor

As for the stats, hmm... something like this, I guess (in case of 30 points in toto):
STR 8
DEX 17
CON 9
INT 8
WIS 18
CHA 8
In case of popamole: DEX 18, CON 14, STR 10

EDIT: Oh yeah, skills. Heal (4), Concentration (4), Spellcraft (4), Survival (4)

1st class Enchantress:
Black Cat said:
Aislinn Ni Leanhaun

portraits_0000_bg_0150_b_female-tga.jpg

Female, Elf, Sorceress, Chaotic Neutral. (should be evil, but this party isn't cool enough)

STR: 08
DEX: 16+2
CON: 16-2
INT: 12
WIS: 08
CHA: 18 (all level up points here)

Familiar: Snake.

Bluff: 04.
Concentration: 04.
Spellcraft: 04.

Level 1: Charm Person, Sleep. Then something like Mage Armor and Shield, I guess. Your pick.
Level 2: Eagle's Splendor, Invisibility, Tasha's Hideous Laughter, and (your pick).
Level 3: Deep Slumber, Suggestion, and (your pick: Heroism, Hold Person, Rage, Displacement).
Level 4: Charm Monster, Crushing Despair.
Level 5: Mindfog.

Feats: Spell Focus Enchantment, Greater spell focus enchantment.

1st class Conjurer(ess):
Nex said:
portraits_0002_id_0310_b_female-tga.jpg

Name: Nex
Race: Human
Class: Wizard
Alignment: Neutral evil
Stats:
(assuming 30 points[poll results will adjust if needed]):
STR: 10
DEX: 14
CON: 14
INT: 18
WIS: 8

Background: Nex is a slutty whore who gave up a life as a wealthy merchants daughter to become a cheap working girl at the local brothel at the age of 12 after being raped by a gang of obese stablehands. She lived only for her addiction to orgasms and cared for little else. Eventually, after a show involving a pig, a dozen eggs and a large ferret went horribly wrong her mind went a little funny and she ran naked into the wilds. After a few days she stumbled upon a cell of the Venca cult and after being tortured for several weeks she decided to join them.

@Nex
Loved the background, but I shan't larp that.

The "winners" are invited to adjust their stats. Tomorrow I will make some suggestion to their builds and planned progression, where needed. When you give me new scores do not apply race modifiers to them.

If you didn't get selected, no worries bros. Judging from the initial stats and from the party setup death is not something we will be strangers to. :troll:

Fake Edit: I don't know how it happened but we landed up with almost entirely female party :dizzy:

Black Cat

Magister
DEX: 14+2
CON: 14-2
INT: 10

Given I had to lower her INT...

... I'll have to live without spellcraft.

And don't use ImageShack! Try dropbox if you don't like the usual imagehosts. No one but those who use Firefox and have the right plugins can see imageshack on KKKodexia.

Fake Edit: I don't know how it happened but we landed up with almost entirely female party :dizzy:

Grrrl powah!

Mrowak

Arcane
Black Cat said:
DEX: 14+2
CON: 14-2
INT: 10

Given I had to lower her INT...

... I'll have to live without spellcraft.

And don't use ImageShack! Try dropbox if you don't like the usual imagehosts. No one but those who use Firefox and have the right plugins can see imageshack on KKKodexia.

Grrrl powah!

Facepalm. I've configured my Firefox so long ago I forgot about the issue. Fortunatel, I have provisions for such scenario.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Updated stats:

STR 17 (+2)
CON 16
DEX 14
CHA 9 (-2)
WIS 8
INT 8 (-2; let me do the talkin')

So, I'm the only front liner. I'll probably get cleft in half by the upper floor brigand leader.

Don't forget to scribe lots of scrolls for the final Moathouse push. (I usually give Scribe Scroll to my healer for that purpose)

P.S. if you want to hex edit the PB amount, it's at the addresses: 18B534, 18B576 (temple.dll); change from 19 to 1E.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I want in!

Ulminati

NE Dwarf Fighter
4.gif

Toughness, Power attack, cleave, weapon focus (longsword), weapon specialization (longsword), combat reflexes, combat expertise, improved trip. You know the drill. anything that lets me hit people with sharp implements is good! An axe or hammer would be manlier but as far as I recall ToEE mostly has magic swords.

8 + 10 = 16 Str
8 + 2 = 10 Dex
8 + 13 = 17 Con (19 with racial modifier)
8 + 5 = 13 Int
8 + 0 = 8 Wis
8 + 0 = 8 Cha (6 with racial modifier)

From this thread
The mayor Ulminati threw a tantrum today because someone spilled his ale, throwing stuff around and kicking a dog down the stairs. I’m worried because Rith is supposed to administer punishment, and she’s been very enthusiastic about it in the past.

She just caved his head in. I’ll never litter again.

Fresh out of the glorious dwarven fortress of Anusblaze, ex-Mayor Ulminati was banished (and had his face caved in) for throwing a tantrum after someone spilled his ale. Fortunatly, dwarves are too goddamn manly and tough to let minor obstacles like a wrecked face stop them in their quest for glory, booze, gold and wenches. (Not necessairely in that order).

Looking forward to molesting assistsing the party :salute:

Also, Black Cat, why sleep over colour spray for a sorceress? Sleep becomes useless way faster than colour spray. And afaik you can't swap already learned spells on a sorc in toee.

Nex

Cipher
might adjust my stats a little:

STR: 10 > 8
DEX: 14 > 16
CON: 14

Black Cat

Magister
Ulminati said:
Also, Black Cat, why sleep over colour spray for a sorceress? Sleep becomes useless way faster than colour spray. And afaik you can't swap already learned spells on a sorc in toee.

Color Spray wasn't on gamebanshee's spell list when I checked, and I don't remember which spells the game had myself. Also, the focus on Enchantment would make Sleep more useful in the begining, though it is true it will come kind of useless later given its Hit Dice based. Finally, range. I hate spells that have short range, given my Wizards and Sorcerers usually have 6 to 8 CON when I play alone so it's just a reflex to ignore anything that requires me to be near the enemies.

In any case, if you have a complete list of all the spells in the game, with all the spells the mod thingie add and stuffies, give me a linkie and I'll check them.

The Thin Man

Novice
Portrait
Last group
2 down
4 right

STR:8
DEX: 14 (+2) = 16
CON: 14 (-2) = 12
CHA: 10

Skills: the first level of rogue will have 4 extra skill points to allocate after maxing out the list you mentioned. If we can save these points between level ups, we are going to need to do so in order to keep skills as close to maxed out as possible. As it is, a fighter will be 17 points away from max at level 10 and a barb will be 8.

Rogue/Fighter (1st level rogue alternating each level)

1 Two-Weap Fighting
2 Weapon Finesse (Rapier)
3 Weapon Focus (Rapier)
4 Weapon Specialization (Rapier)
6 <>
8 <>
9 <>

* Three available feats for things like the +2/+2 skillers, or you can use Two-W Def, Imp Two-W, Grtr Wp Foc (Rapier) although they all only give +1 AC, 1 xtra -5 toHit atk, and +1 dmg so I'm not all that wild about this route.

**Also might like to think about Iron Will (+2) for my shit ass will save which will only ever get to +1, at least elves can't be enchanted.

***Put the stat increases into either Dex or Cha depending on how you want to roll with npc interactions. Maybe Wis if we keep getting it from spells.

Rogue/Barb (1st level rogue alternating each level)

1 Imp Feint
3 Point Blank Shot
6 Precise Shot
9 <>

* I went ranged with this build because without Weapon Spec we won't be doing much damage with the -1 str mod. Even with rage it becomes a +1 and then only once per day, max 2 at level 8. Also with only 4 feats to work with it's not like the hit and run tactic of dodge/mobility/spring attack is worth it for the negligible damage. Also even with +10 move, it's still only 40, and boots of speed come at either level 10 or past the halfway point in the game. Maybe another +10 from making boots of striding and springing at level 3, but I'm not even sure you can make those in ToEE.

**The upside to this build however is that we will have two more skill points per barb level, sense traps stack, as well as imp uncanny dodge.

***Not worth getting Many Shot since it mentions sneak attack dmg won't stack on the extra arrows.

Boots of Speed, doubles base movement (Craft Wonderous item, CL 10)

Boots of Striding and Springing, +10 movement (Craft Wonderous Item, CL3)

I'm quite partial towards the fighter build myself, and if we can't save skill points between level ups those extra can go into UMD perhaps and Anna will be truly multifunctional.

The Thin Man

Novice
Crooked Bee said:
Teehee, onwards to glorious death (without a dedicated cleric, I mean)! :P
I didn't even notice that, perhaps you can use those extra skill points I have to pump UMD so I can use wands or cure, that might help some. Though it really depends on how much you're wanting to keep my skills maxed.

Mrowak

Arcane
The Thin Man said:
Portrait
Last group
2 down
4 right

STR:8
CHA: 10

Skills: the first level of rogue will have 4 extra skill points to allocate after maxing out the list you mentioned. If we can save these points between level ups, we are going to need to do so in order to keep skills as close to maxed out as possible. As it is, a fighter will be 17 points away from max at level 10 and a barb will be 8.

Rogue/Fighter (1st level rogue alternating each level)

1 Two-Weap Fighting
2 Weapon Finesse (Rapier)
3 Weapon Focus (Rapier)
4 Weapon Specialization (Rapier)
6 <>
8 <>
9 <>

* Three available feats for things like the +2/+2 skillers, or you can use Two-W Def, Imp Two-W, Grtr Wp Foc (Rapier) although they all only give +1 AC, 1 xtra -5 toHit atk, and +1 dmg so I'm not all that wild about this route.

**Also might like to think about Iron Will (+2) for my shit ass will save which will only ever get to +1, at least elves can't be enchanted.

***Put the stat increases into either Dex or Cha depending on how you want to roll with npc interactions. Maybe Wis if we keep getting it from spells.

Rogue/Barb (1st level rogue alternating each level)

1 Imp Feint
3 Point Blank Shot
6 Precise Shot
9 <>

* I went ranged with this build because without Weapon Spec we won't be doing much damage with the -1 str mod. Even with rage it becomes a +1 and then only once per day, max 2 at level 8. Also with only 4 feats to work with it's not like the hit and run tactic of dodge/mobility/spring attack is worth it for the negligible damage. Also even with +10 move, it's still only 40, and boots of speed come at either level 10 or past the halfway point in the game. Maybe another +10 from making boots of striding and springing at level 3, but I'm not even sure you can make those in ToEE.

**The upside to this build however is that we will have two more skill points per barb level, sense traps stack, as well as imp uncanny dodge.

***Not worth getting Many Shot since it mentions sneak attack dmg won't stack on the extra arrows.

Boots of Speed, doubles base movement (Craft Wonderous item, CL 10)

Boots of Striding and Springing, +10 movement (Craft Wonderous Item, CL3)

I'm quite partial towards the fighter build myself, and if we can't save skill points between level ups those extra can go into UMD perhaps and Anna will be truly multifunctional.

Woah, hold your horses a little. It's a good build but I hoped for something more general like:

STR:8->14 (lot's of useful feats requires 13+ Strength. Plus, you will hit much harder. Weapon finesse feat does not give bonus to damage).
INT: 18->14 (we get ability 10 points to distribute - we don't need to max out all skills later on)
CHA: 10->14 (you need to be a little bit more charismatic)

I would avoid archer build. The thing is, ToEE accounts for the line o sight, so you stand snowball in hell's chance to hit enemies from behind your companion's back when the clutterfuck starts.

Of course we can go with what you have picked.

Mrowak

Arcane
Don't forget to scribe lots of scrolls for the final Moathouse push. (I usually give Scribe Scroll to my healer for that purpose)

That's actually a mighty good idea.

@Bee

Can I swap you augmented summoning for scribe scroll? Before going anywhere we could scribe shitloads of healing spells for pittance.

If this party is going to survive it must learn to rely on items.

@Black Cat

I would swap charm person for Mage Armour or Magic Missle, at least for now... Most of utility spells will be covered by Nex.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Mrowak said:
Can I swap you augmented summoning for scribe scroll?

Well, this is your game, so go ahead, but truth be told, for the kind of build I had in mind Augment Summoning and later Natural Spell are the most important feats. You could, I think, take Scribe Scroll instead of Craft Wondrous Item at level 3 maybe?.. Then again, if you totally need Scribe Scroll at the beginning, then take it at level 1, and then take Augment Summon at level 3, I guess? That should kind of strike the middle ground (since I inititally assumed I would be the back-up healer, not the only one in the party).

On that note, if you for some reason decide to give up on crafting altogether (maybe someone else can be our party's crafter??), you could later give me Improved Initiative for a bonus to my wild form (instead of Craft Magic Arms).

In any case, do whatever you feel like doing. It's not like I'm gonna survive long anyway, given the semi-ironman nature of the LP.
:thumbsup:

TripJack

Hedonist
you picked a druid over a cleric you fool you shall pay dearly for this transgression against mighty fharlanghn

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom