Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's talk about Quest for Glory

Favorite QFG?

• QFG1 : So you want to be a hero?

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • QFG2 : Trial by Fire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • QFG 4 : Shadows of Darkness

• QFG 5 : Dragon Fire

• Total voters

Vibalist

Arcane
SCO said:
Me not doing everything myself? In quest for glory? MY paladin-magicuseronlybecausehecan'tbeawizardwithmaxedspellsfromqfg1toqfg4-thief?

Are you kidding me?
:obsessivecompulsive:

You still get to do everything, it's just a matter of whether you do them before or after someone else. Besides, a good part of the rites are unloseable. Nobody goes to the underworld before you, etc.

I still don't really get what everyone dislikes so much about QfG5. it's a very, very good game.

Arcanoix

Scholar
RK47 said:
I don't understand why they choose to put the plot advances on a certain fixed time range and specific spot. I was running around near the last rite and couldn't find a way to advance it because I kept leaving the town..

Somewhat decent open-ended exploration and free will!? OH NOES. Most games don't even let you leave areas/towns anymore until you DO trigger events. I personally think that the assassin should've appeared in a random spot in town during the night hours and when he spotted the hero, he'd stalk him or something. They (the developers) could've made the fight go on across town, in the backstreets, etc.

Arcanoix

Scholar
Vibalist said:
SCO said:
Me not doing everything myself? In quest for glory? MY paladin-magicuseronlybecausehecan'tbeawizardwithmaxedspellsfromqfg1toqfg4-thief?

Are you kidding me?
:obsessivecompulsive:

You still get to do everything, it's just a matter of whether you do them before or after someone else. Besides, a good part of the rites are unloseable. Nobody goes to the underworld before you, etc.

I still don't really get what everyone dislikes so much about QfG5. it's a very, very good game.

I have a sound file that was never released, it's in the main game - Elsa actually wins the rite. It could've also been where you give her some River Styx water, go to the Inn, then you get summoned to the Hall of Kings, but Logos asks her if she swears that she "went to Hades" and she answers "I swear", which is strange because if the Hero gave her the water, then she didn't actually go to Hades. The sound file is unused in the game.

Others have suggested to me that it was a file that was meant to be used for females who selected to play as Elsa, and there actually are player models of Elsa in the core game. However, such features were never implemented due to the budget-cuts. There is a patch to play as Elsa, as well as Magnum Opus.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom