Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's succeed a Dwarf Fortress! [Krash-ing for Fun!]

Cassidy

Arcane
Berekän said:
It should be noted however, that it is not uncommon for demons to lead humans in the charge against their goblinoid enemies. Codexia will be a candidate to exterminatus if mankind persists on Chaos worship. :(

Am I the only one who wondered about modding something as nasty as a Bloodthirster or sieges by forces of Chaos rather than just greenskins/goblins but original to DF lore after reading this? DF procedurally generated worlds usually are more grimdark than Warhammer Fantasy, seriously. In fact, its main and most powerful deity is a god of blood that is infinitely more powerful and badass than Khorne could ever dream of.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_Dwar ... background

This looks like a typical DF history to me.

Also there should be a feature(modded or vanilla) to actually ally with/become corrupted by daemons rather than just LARP around it. After the syndrome and curses system is implemented, the same one that according to the author will allow lycanthropy and vampires to spread, modders could create something like "chaos taint" and then have all races vulnerable to it during world generation. If that could also make daemons neutral or allied to those afflicted, it would be perfect.

On the same way an actual rather than LARPed "chaos" dwarf fortress would be interesting, being able to run dwarf vampire fortresses or dwarf lich/any other kind of individually sentient undead fortresses would be awesome. Hundreds of elves bred as cattle for the blood, enslaving entire nations with necromancy and all.

Also, which will be released first, Age of Decadence or the 1.0 version of DF?

:M

Destroid

Arcane
There are some mods that add in more powerful sieges. Undead sieges are something toady is working on, with a necromancer at it's head that will even raise your fallen dwarves to fight against you.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
JagreenLern said:
Since seems to be no clear consensus, I'm going to do option B. Hopefully the caravan guards will hold of the enemy long enough to divide their forces while the militia deals with the enemies nearest the fortress. Hopefully we can lure them into the entrance halls of Anusblaze and let the ballistae take their toll.

I was seriously leaning towards option A, but that just doesn't seem very exciting, or honorable. Option C would probably turn into a slaughter, due the lack of dwarven unit cohesion, as Cassidy mentioned in his post above.

Update will come later today.

Great, more dwarves, more slaughter!

JagreenLern

Erudite
Patron
MCA Project: Eternity
After doing a little research online, I found out that the caravan won't come if your under siege, so fuck the surface. I was expecting a fight, but it looks like autumn will end without violence.

Late Autumn, Year 256

Theocrat's journal 2nd Timber: Late autumn has arrived, and the enemy are still here, so the caravan from the mountainhomes won't be visiting this year. I've ordered the engineers to place some traps out in front of the trade depot in case we ever decide to open the gate. But really, fuck the surface.

MjbUQ.png

Theocrat's journal 10th Timber: The miners are still at work on the exploratory tunnels. If we can find new metals below the magma sea, our industry can really begin to take off.

Theocrat's journal 15th Timber: Ah, the sweet adamantine is beginning to pile up. If we ever do send our troops to liberate the surface, they will be clad head-to-toe in the finest armor available.

Asy3Q.png

Theocrat's journal 20th Timber:Still very little progress in the project to get below the magma sea. I hope this patience pays off once we're finished. But for some better news, the masons have finally finished the new casket order.

Theocrat's journal 27 Timber: Between the water above and the magma below, the tunneling project is becoming somewhat complicated. We'd better find some nice fucking metal in the caverns below.

Theocrat's journal 30th Timber: Winter is almost upon us, and I have but a season left before turning over power to another. I'd better make those three months count.

Cassidy

Arcane
JagreenLern said:
Theocrat's journal 20th Timber:Still very little progress in the project to get below the magma sea. I hope this patience pays off once we're finished.

:bravo:

JagreenLern

Erudite
Patron
Winter in Anusblaze, Year 256

Theocrat's journal 4th Moonstone: My first orders for the winter are to continue the exploratory mining near to find a way under the magma see, and to commission some new barrels, a few pieces of gear for the militia, and finally, several platinum statues to celebrate the glory of Anusblaze, which will be placed as need at some point in the future.

Theocrat's journal 6th Moonstone: As the exploratory mining is usually a one-dwarf job, so I've had the other miners begin digging out space for a new barracks on the surface level of Anusblaze. Things in the fortress are going well enough the most dwarves have almost forgotten about the enemy host outside, but our soldiers are aware that the present siege has plainly revealed that Anusblaze needs more trained soldiers to ensure it's security and prosperity.

YbNsZh.jpg

Theocrat's journal 13th Moonstone: The new barracks is almost ready, and the new mineshafts are being dug out as we speak. Hopefully we can break into a new cavern soon.

______________________________________________________________________________________
Just a little update. The exploratory digging is going slower than I expected. Anyone have an ideas on how to improve the fort?

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Cassidy said:
Also, how is the succession line? Could I get a spot at the end of the line to continue this LP?

Added you to the list, if there's someone else I've missed, please tell me.

Cassidy

Arcane
Someone should LP Liberal Crime Squad for the lulz, because it just fits perfectly with KKKodex, and even features tasteful rape. I have too many unfinished LPs to go for it, unfortunately.

JagreenLern

Erudite
Patron
Fafnir said:
Berekän said:
Indeed. mabye someone should take over his spot and actually update?

I think I'm going to ask for someone to do just that.

I've been shitty about updating this LP, mainly because Anusblaze was already as advanced as any fortress I've ever made. After I got those magma smelters set up, I had no idea of what to do, I didn't want to experiment too much for fear of fucking things up. Thus I have been inexcusably slow in updating this LP. Now my computer is acting up a little bit, and instead of risking losing the file I'd rather just ask someone who ever is next to finish the rest of my turn.

Sorry about this whole deal. Now can someone give me a link to where I post the file?

Fafnir

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Fucking things up is the least of worries for a Bloodline playthroughs. And seeing the person after you trying to gasp what the hell is going on can be very amusing. Also that is one of the largest people vote for stupid decisions because playing it safe makes for very boring bloodline :D

EDIT: removed silly reading mistake.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Indeed, don't worry about fucking things up, that's what makes an interesting tale to tell, we're not playing for success here, we're playing for fun.

Anyway, if you're still serious about someone taking your spot, you can upload the save files here.

Destroid

Arcane
The fort from my defunct LP is about to get assaulted by 48 goblins riding cave crawlers and 6 trolls :shock:

Cassidy

Arcane
Destroid said:
The fort from my defunct LP is about to get assaulted by 48 goblins riding cave crawlers and 6 trolls :shock:

Can trade caravans arrived through underground caverns?

Destroid

Arcane
Not that I have seen, although they can exit underground. Perhaps If I walled off the tunnels to the surface they would appear in the caverns.

Destroid

Arcane
It takes FOREVER to extract strands of adamantine. Also, bump.

Further note: Babies do not mix well with the danger room.

TripJack

Hedonist
someone will pay for this

:x

namely you jagreen, the missile is on its way

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom