Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's succeed a Dwarf Fortress! [Krash-ing for Fun!]

Fafnir

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Is it dead? :eek:

Destroid

Arcane
It's not dead... just slow... and I'm giving up.

Summon Berekän!

EDIT: Woah, I didn't realise it was so long ago I said I'd put in another round, sorry everyone :oops:

Destroid

Arcane
I feel bad for abandonment. In the mean time I made a dwarf fortress mod.

(Berekan told me by PM he will pick up the generation game).

I am saddened by the lack of updates, perhaps Krash can take up the torch once more for great justice.

Krash

Arcane
I might have time for another turn, but no promises. Sadly, uni work goes before even Dwarf Fortress.

Another possibility would be to start a community fort with the new version. But we'd better wait for a few bugfix releases first.

Cassidy

Arcane
I might have time for another turn, but no promises. Sadly, uni work goes before even Dwarf Fortress.

Another possibility would be to start a community fort with the new version. But we'd better wait for a few bugfix releases first.

Probably, but so far I haven't noticed any glaring new bug, only the same old ones.

Cassidy

Arcane
Maybe it'll be better to, once the time comes, to start in the new version and ditch this old fort... All the really problematic bugs have been purged by now in the 34.05 version: only thing arguably worth waiting for is that Toady mentioned that in the next bugfix version the untrainability of exotic animals will be fixed, the dungeon masters will be removed and animal trainers will be able to try taming and training almost anything, with odds of it working or not depending on the size and ferocity of the beast and on the trainer skills... and of course a disaster with wild animals having dorfs for dinner is a potential consequence of failure in taming.

I kept a fort running for a while and it is like that thing Dead State will be about:

15hfjhw.jpg

What do you say?

Cassidy

Arcane
DF wouldn't feel cool enough for a LP done by only one person. Specially someone who doesn't believe losing is fun before FPS count becomes too low. After that I just "lose" on purpose as the game then is just way too slow to be fun trying to survive further although I wish reclaims weren't so buggy and actually practical, because having to dig all over and over again gets old and I'm a "function over form" player so I don't really give a fuck about it looking pretty or overtly stylish designs. Except I was planning to use colored stones to build a Swastika shaped floor over its entrance.

:M

Phelot

Arcane
Except I was planning to use colored stones to build a Swastika shaped floor over its entrance.

:M

:lol:

Also, quit your jobs and leave your families behind, UPDATES ARE DEMANDED

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom