Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's solo Baldur's Gate 2 on Insane (feat. The Codex)

Erebus

Arcane
Main quest

Level 3 of WK wouldn't be easy to clear for our hero : many of its fights are fairly challenging and the anti-magic areas (that don't even prevent demons from using their powers, if I remember correctly) are a pain in the ass.

As far as weapons are concerned, I believe there's a fairly decent spear to be found in the sahuagin city. There are some decent halberds here and there, such as Dragon's Breath in the Underdark. Nothing that rivals with Carsomyr, though.

Syl

Cipher
I'm still not sure why a combination of fire resistance scroll and ring gave us 127% fire resistance in the previous update. Shouldn't it have been 90% (50+40)?
The armor crafted from the red dragon scales I presume.

T(D?)-Bag

Literate
My vote for Korgan's quest next, and the codex won't get any special abilities until levels after about 2,9 million xp and since ToB has a level cap of 8 million, that makes about 2,7 million xp for every class the codex has, I don't know if any of the mods used in this LP raise the experience cap, but I would like to see it raised to at least 24 million xp for a more interesting LP and a better chance of soloing ToB later.

Bilgefar

Savant
I can't remember if epic level abilities start at level 20 or 21. If it's the former, we might get one pretty soon.

IIRC you get epic level abilities at the first level up after hitting the 3 million XP mark for a class. Since the ToB XP cap is 8 million, I don't think a F/M/T will ever get epic level abilities unless you get rid of the cap.

Also, WK3, of course.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Are You sure about that? I distinctly remember it was around level 20 when I've last played ToB (which was probably around 10 years ago). Maybe the mods change something here.
And yeah, I modded the level cap out, so The Codex will become as broken as I am able to make him.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
That explains why I remember it being around level 20. ;)

EDIT:
Updates should resume after 8th of December.

Last edited:

Sodafish

Arcane
Too much WK and the Codex will be too overpowered for the regular shit.

I'll vote for Illithids this time.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
8th December is my birthday. Awww.....

Sorry for much sugat but I couldn't resist....

Thor Kaufman

Arcane
Zionist Agent
What Johannes said should be right, you can easily check it by using the console to cheat the necessary exp.
Afaik you can't get more than two points in weapon proficiency as multiclass, though.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
On a related, note did you install the True Grandmastery mod that makes grandmaster proficiency level powerful as in BG1?

In IWD, BG and AD&D guidelines, going from four to five proficiency points in a weapon reduces THAC0 by one, adds one to damage rolls, and gives an extra attack per round to 5/2. In BG2, it only adds one to damage. Rather takes the "Grand" out of "Grandmastery" I think. Install this patch to restore Grandmastery to what it was.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Cool. I might keep his chainmail then. We'll see.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom