Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's solo Baldur's Gate 2 on Insane (feat. The Codex)

Shadenuat

Arcane
The good thing is, summons, at least low and mid level, are useless against Shadow Dragon because he just level drains them, and because there are no summons with acid protection :dance:
So, in the dark of the temple, shadows will find You-u

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Bros, You are going to be seriously disappointed if You expect the shadow dragon to present a challenge to The Codex.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
The Shadow Dragon is easy as shit if you have any form of Negative Plane protection. By far the weakest dragon in the game. And I'm pretty sure it doesn't do acid damage, that's the black dragon towards the end.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Honestly, none of the dragons are all that hard if you bother to properly prepare yourself. The Codex did not for Firkraag and hence had trouble, but if he had even cast resist fire things would have been a lot easier. I'm actually kind of impressed Codex managed it with basically no buffs.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
I'm pretty sure most dragons cast Dispel Magic on regular basis, including shadow dragon, so in the end somebody will still get level drained/killed in a large party. Or maybe I'm starting to mix vanilla and tactics/scs in my head since I don't remember last time I played game without any mods. Otherwise it's just wand of cloudkill for any of them.
For some reason I always was sure shadow dragon breaths acid, because armor made of it's scales gives +50% protection from it. In PnP they breath something else, some cone of darkness thing?

Honestly, none of the dragons are all the hard if you bother to properly prepare yourself.
That would be the motto for BG2 as a whole, really.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
I have fond recollections of a playthrough in which I decided to simply finger the dragons to death. With three casters (_charname_ the Necromancer, Edwin and Viconia) loaded with Finger of Death, chances of insta-gibbing any of the big lizards weren't half bad :smug:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I always forget about the black dragon. I was surprised to see it in every playthrough. Maybe that's because at that point of the game the party is so OP that the battle is very forgettable.

Sodafish

Arcane
I don't remember ever meeting that Hilldark guy there. Is that a time-sensitive quest, or is it triggered by something special?

T(D?)-Bag

Literate
This was already discussed on the previous page, so you might be going senile.

T(D?)-Bag

Literate
There should be a rpgcodex gold account system for early access to updates.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom