Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Let's run rings around Blood Bowl F13 Season 8 - Three Codexers in Play Offs

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
Ok, I booted up my chaos edition of BB *AND* I managed to remember my multiplayer login.

My Coach name is Rogue Zombie. Someone invite me to some scrub league please.

Do I have to wait to create a team till I am invited to the league?
Create a team, find custom league 'Codexian Diversity Squad' and apply with the team. The password is 'crispy'.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
im the league.

played a game versus Jaedar's halflings.

Feargus Orc-heart, my ogre, received a serious concussion and lost AV.

Last edited:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
... I guess Undead Rogues do come in all shapes and sizes.
Anthony Davis add me to steam friend to play me. Current profile name is R.K XLVII

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Registered a team of my own in the CDS. Might be able to play a bit tomorrow. It's a lizard team. I should suck at that, but it might be amusing.

RK47

Patron
I just played with Anthony twice today.
His humans have bad injury rolls, everyone foul Sawyer please.

Game 1
Since he's an Obsidian staff, I chose the most fitting team of all to represent his opponents.
01.jpg

hmm.gif

A storm is cumming. And the Obsidian staff is unable to stop the next-gen plays from the eager Essential Mods for Skyrim.
Conceding 1-0 and losing players to radiant fouls, they were helpless to stop block after block as their beloved Chris Avellone is put to the sword, earning himself a cow-bell and trip to the KO-land.

02.jpg

Crying for the ref to do something about it, Coach Davis roared in horror as Roguey's favorite gets surrounded by 8 burly men...

03.jpg

There is no escape.

04.jpg

He's seeing stars.

05.jpg

They licked every corner of his bodies, grunting in appreciation of the salty goodness before finishing the game 2-0.

06.jpg

ImageMatchReport.aspx

Game 2
A. Davis thinks he deserves a second shot at this, with a returning Ogre, albeit with -1 AV.
As he chose to kick off, rain pours - signalling an error stricken ball plays as 22 men battle for control over a wet ball.
Davis even opened up with an injury-causing blitz on the Norse's werewolf, badly hurting it. Coach RK decided not to call the apothecary too early and plays on with one wolf down, retaliating with a series of dirty plays in a wet, angry drive that almost did not end well.

Frustration showed as the Essentials failed to score in the first drive, with Team Obsidian nearly stealing it at the end, were it not for a failed pick up!

However, the repeated foulings and injuries took their toll and the All-Stars had to receive at the start 2nd half with just 8 players against the Essentials' 10.

02.jpg

They couldn't escape.

03.jpg

Hi, Sawyer, we meet again.

04.jpg

This time, he's taken off the field.

05.jpg

Essentials ran out winner a 1-0 winner after they squeezed the ball away from the All-Stars in one overwhelming play, as the All-Stars attempted a counter attack when all 10 of their players return for the final drive with 3 turns left to go, but the Norse defenses coped well despite losing a lino to a thrown rock.

ImageMatchReport.aspx

RK47

Patron
Lost another game to Muckguppy's amazon 3-0
Just like the first game.
But this time nobody got injured on my end.
Scored 4 casualties - It's a complicated feeling on my end.

It's like whenever an amazon player goes down, I just want to cage them instead of the ball.
Too many instances I left the ball carrier on his own - away from the max Amazon +1 GFI range.
Hell, twice he got blitzed on the 2nd GFI in the first half. I thought - meh, it's fine, I'm still breaking their armor- I got 2 SPP in first turn! This is good, right?
I figured, let's just give him -2 Tackle Zones - if he fail dodge, it's a free roll for 2 SPP - if he doesn't die, I foul him for fun.
No dice. For me.
He dodged twice. -2 -1 0 2 GFI - 1D Block voila. -1 TZ pick up, no problem. -1 TZ throw. No problem. -1 TZ catch. No problem.

:hmmm:

At 1-0 down on 2nd half I was kicking - do I really want to play with 2 AG passing or do I just want to do ST5 Blocks for 2 SPP per red cross?
After much thinking of how tiring it's gonna be figuring out how this cage work with Guard Blodgers everywhere using no TZ dodge with 6 MA -
The choice is obvious. MB Tackle Blitz first, 2D blocks, fuck the ball, oh, high kick? OK, AG3 Skeleton to catch it. You made the catch? Holy shit. No, I won't cage you, I want foul assists. So just stay behind and spam pass for 1 SPP - AFTER I finish the 6 assist foul on this one. It worked out well, scored 5 Casualties while taking none. 10 SPP. Much more than 1 TD I gotta work within 2 turns.
Another Skeleton leveled up from that match. I think he should get Dirty Player too.
MVP went to the Rookie Tomb Guardian who hit 7 SPP - this is good, now he can be the first Guard piece in my team.

But Steve, you play to win the game! Uh yeah, but I'm too lazy to win. I just wanna score casualties man. It felt good doing it over and over.
So folks, if you want to win, come play my Khemri team in the CDS league.

Anthony Davis Tomorrow, same time? 1480 TV Khemri? :smug:
Full credit to Guppy though, he played to win with 3 players doing 2 tile GFIs in a turn with no rerolls.
I don't think I ever did that with my MA7 Human Blitzers.

Full time match stats:
ImageMatchReport.aspx

PPS: This is a great prep for the Skaven game in 2014 F13 League...
Hehehehehhehe.

DakaSha

Arcane
I cant remember how leagues in BB work.. Can you enter a league and just play with people when you have time, or is it set matches?

RK47

Patron
Our league is pretty informal, just join our league with a fresh team and pm over steam chat, like now. C'mon Dak, I play my no-ogre human team with you.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Yeah you just join the league and then either PM people or hop into CDS and spam 'DOES ANYONE WANNA PLAY BLOOD BOWL' until someone says yes.

It's like whenever an amazon player goes down, I just want to cage them instead of the ball.
Too many instances I left the ball carrier on his own - away from the max Amazon +1 GFI range.

Excerpts from commentary in CDS during the game said:
muckguppy: I respect RK's commitment to putting my ammies out of commission
muckguppy: by investing a single skeleton with dirty player
muckguppy: he has a lot of hate this man
muckguppy: romance sims have galvanised him. he is cold and calculating, and bloodless in his endeavours!
muckguppy: his interest in romance has been eroded. now all he wants in the warmth of FLESH
comrade evdk: that's just him being AZN
muckguppy: literally trying to bone my amazons
muckguppy: with tackle maneuvre
muckguppy: I wonder if this will be another 0-3
muckguppy: PROOF:
muckguppy: 8:17 PM - R.K XLVII: but u up for another later
8:15 PM - muckguppy: cheers for the game!
8:16 PM - muckguppy: uhh maybe not today haha
8:17 PM - R.K XLVII: i still want to kill ur players
muckguppy: this man is evil
muckguppy: aaand I'm back on top of the CDS ladder
muckguppy: I shall go shower my body sensuously to celebrate.

RK47

Patron
Some guy called stabby played today in another division.
AAR written by The Banned's Coach
ImageMatchReport.aspx

Not a lot to say about this one; Stabby bought Ramtut, who clogged up the middle but didn't manage much else of use; so far this season star players have not really pulled their weight on either side of the matches I've played. He was ceremonially fouled out of the game on turn 15 after knocking himself over with wrestle. The fact that it rained the entire game really hurt Stabby compared to me, as he had fewer rerolls and nobody with Sure Hands yet - I think he failed upwards of 5 pickup rolls in the game, it was like playing Khemri. No permanent injuries, though one of his werewolves narrowly avoided death on turn 16 thanks to regen.

Probably the other big factor was my zombies and FGs all had block (minus my kicker, who leveled and will be getting it) where his didn't, which led to an inevitable block success advantage for me. my development has been oddly even in general.

Man I just can't wait for the season to get over the winter's break quickly.
Really itching to play some tense games instead of throw-away exhibition matches.

Last edited:

stabby

Learned
Yup. The one time I don't make a bee line for a Halfling Chef for inducements (opted for Star player, Keg & Bribe) is the one game where it starts raining. First drive was really me blowing all my rerolls trying to pick up the damn ball cause I'm receiving, only for a werewolf to walk over, pick up the damn ball on the first try, and waltz the 2 squares to the endzone.

In a word, :rage:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
The match day finally flipped. I'm up against halflings, which I should be able to win with little issue.

RK47

Patron
someone's eager.
i'll just bash some rats i guess.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Meanwhile, The Union prepares for a second round against Khorne with 460k inducements and only 3 blocks.

stabby

Learned
And to top things off, the redheaded stepchild is about to discover what Chaos Dwarves are all about and what one can actually do with only (yes, proper definition of 'only' this time) 90k in inducements.

Also, as I am in the presence of experts, how important is 'Kick' in the order of level ups in regards to linos and basic meatbags? To be taken on first level up, or after a bit of block/wrestle has been scattered about?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
And to top things off, the redheaded stepchild is about to discover what Chaos Dwarves are all about and what one can actually do with only (yes, proper definition of 'only' this time) 90k in inducements.

Also, as I am in the presence of experts, how important is 'Kick' in the order of level ups in regards to linos and basic meatbags? To be taken on first level up, or after a bit of block/wrestle has been scattered about?
Personally, I'd put it on a zombie pretty fast.

RK47

Patron
If you think qualifying for winner's finalists is out of the question - Dirty Player. :smug:

RK47

Patron
Heard many complaints of the snow stadium where the logs are unreadable.
There's an easy fix in bbtactics that would involve copy and pasting files.
However if you're not comfortable with the copy and pasting part, just download this file and extract it to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Blood Bowl Legendary Edition\Data\3d\Level\Level_08\Textures

Overwrite and tadaaaa....

01.jpg

02.jpg

No more snow on the pitch.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
That stuff should be really nice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom